How do you gold Stage 6 30 lap race?

It may just be me, but it feels like the AI is on a rubber band for the last couple of laps.
I got 2nd in the Beta and knew this would be a bit of a challenge.
First attempt on the full game, I used RS, fuel map 3, and pitted every 6 laps. Caught the leader with 10 laps to go, but was then unable to shake him, made a small mistake on the last lap, and then couldn't pull it back.
Second attempt, which I won, I ran RM, fuel map 4 for 3x8 lap stints, put extra fuel in for final stint and increased fuel map to 2. Started last stint with 23 sec gap, and last lap with 17 sec gap. Despite setting a perfectly reasonable lap on lap 30, within a couple of seconds of my best, the gap reduced to 6 seconds at the finish!
My advice, drive steady and as consistent as possible, pick a pit strategy, tyres and fuel map that work with your driving style, and be prepared for super AI in the last 1-2 laps. Make sure you have enough tyres and fuel to up your game at the end to respond to this.

That one is pretty easy IMO.
I golded it making some experiences with the strategy on the way.
Started on RHs and Map 6, switched to RM and a was adjusting the fuel map to match tire degradation, 2 stints, and a final stint on RHs.
The RHs and Map 6 on the beginning meant I didn't have to risk to much overtaking the field, the faster guys pit quite frequently. Basically was keeping the car on the track, avoiding errors, no need to put the hammer really down.
After final pit stop everybody had a pit stop (or two in some cases) to do, build a huge gap, no problem at all with the last lap "atomic lap" from second place car.

Use the rubberband KI to your Advantage. Go slow at beginning and save fuel and tyres and drive clean. Do 1 pitstop less than the KI and go full power at the end. It was easy even with Errors that cost me maybe 1 Minute overal. I think the KI even pitted in the last 2 or 3 laps again and i went far ahead of them.

So, I finally just beat this challenge a few minutes ago...first two races I tried strategy with conserving fuel and minimizing pit stops, skipping tires when I could... First time I finished 7th, second race 3rd with quite a bit of time behind the leader, about 15-20 sec I think. Third race I went all out, max power and switched to soft tires on the first pit stop. Before my first pit stop I was in 8th place I believe, in 1st before and shortly after the second pit, came out of the second in 3rd. Once I took 1st back that was all she wrote...extending my lead to almost a minute before some silly mental mistakes caused some minor and one major spin out (had to go in reverse to get off the wall!). End of the day I finished about 25-30 seconds ahead. Once you get far ahead, the worst part is dealing with lapping the back of the pack, they brake randomly and take weird lines. If I would have just dealt with them cautiously and maintained my lead I could have probably finished about 1:30+ ahead. Anyways...skip the strategy and just drive fast, you'll easily blow past everyone because they're all trying to conserve fuel, the extra pit stop won't hurt you in the long run.

BTW...this is my first post here, really digging this game! Don't quite understand all the hate it receives.

One pit stop strategy seems to be impossible?
I managed to do 13 laps before running out of fuel and in the pits i noticed that max refuel is limited to 85℅/litre? Big shame as with full tank i probably would've made it to finish. Had to pit twice with very slow first stint, so basically my strategy was total farce & definetly would have lost it without rubber banding AI.

Didn't fancy the daily races tonight, so I thought I would do the 30 lap challenge for stage 6. Unfortunately, it wasn't much of a challenge. Started with RS tires. Stopped every 6 laps, more RS tires and fully topped up with fuel. Completed race in 1st position at first attempt and had 1 minute 28 seconds till 2nd place. Only needed 3 laps of fuel on last stop. Didn't touch fuel mapping, but sort shifted at half point in gauge. I even managed two spins, one of which was on the last lap when the 3 placed car came out of the pits and was rather aggressive towards me. Love this track so it was fun to do. Now on to the next stages.

My 2 cents:

- pit every other 6 laps.
- fuel map always set on 2
- hard tyres (always)
- in each pit stop always change tyres and fuel just enough to complete the next stint (in this case just a little bit more than 6 laps. Just in case)

- the IA is super slow in the last sector, that should be the sector you have to nail every time. The rest ot the track you can even drive kinda conservative and you’ll get 1st.
- be careful with traffic when overtaking or overlaping cars. You don’t wanna spin and loose whatever gap you have closed to the front rabbit or you have created over the slow rabbits.

- I ran the race 2 of the super premium cars in GT league several times (money grinding) to get the hang of the track beforehand.

- ended up with little bit more than 40 sec ahead the 2nd car. Also fell in love with Porsche cars.

I did this race yesterday, 6 lap stints flat out on RS tires, I won by more than a minute although I spun out like 5 times due to driving errors and the AI. No challenge at all :ill:

The AI doesn't always finish with the same time. This is down to rubberband effect but I think also just fluctuation. Watched a YT Video with a guy finishing 30sec in front of the AI and he said, that it wasn't as hard as hoped. Now I finished the race 1min faster than the YT presenter yet my advantage over second place was 5sec.

I like those comments where players used default settings, learning the track on the fly, spin out 3 times and won by 3 minutes.
... I have all the sim racing rig, playing car racing since 2000. I did this race on default settings, little experience with the car and track. During the race I made 1 major and some minor mistakes and I finished 2nd. Second try 1st place same settings but no real mistakes. I catched the leader in the final lap. This challenge is about strategy OR precise, consistent driving. Best outcome you can get if you can combine that 2. :) Have fun drivers! :)
Yes. With very few exceptions, I've found that on the races where people are discussing complicated fuel strategies, I've won by just hammering it, full power on RM tyres and pitting when the rubber starts to go off and my lap times increase.

Drive fast, don't crash. ;)

Just did this race 30 mins ago, RH tyres from the start and fuel map 2, one pit stop on lap 10 and one more to change tyres and refuel on lap 20, finished 1st with 15 secs ahead of 2nd.

I may be reading this thread really late but, just in case, I've done it with the simplest strategy:

* Gold the Circuit Experience for that track, mainly cause I didn't know it, really usefull to learn the track
* Fuel: Full Power
* Tires: Racing SOFT
* Drive fast ALL the laps while tires are ok, just avoid crashing or going out of track
* Pits: renew soft tires and add refuel with a margin of 0.5 laps (eg: if you could do 5 laps, refuel only up to 5.5 laps, just to be sure)

I finished the race first with one extra stop and 15 secs of gap with the second. In fact it works for all long mission races.

I stayed out as long as possible for the first 2 stints on RH fuel mapped to full power, then switched to RS on my final stop with about 6 laps to go and passed the guy in first on the final lap.

Probably not the best strategy but it worked for me.

Just tried this race with a 'one pit stop' strategy (4th fuel map) and finished in 3rd place. Not gonna try it again unless there's a bulletproof strategy around.

I think I raced as hard as I could and pit on laps 10 and 20. Work out how long a pit is, then see how much time you're losing per lap. Saving fuel and tires will not come close to driving full throttle for 30 laps.

Best of luck

The maximum attack strategy worked flawlessly. Started with soft tyres, pitted at the end of the 10th lap. Chose soft tyres again and put enough fuel for another ten laps. Did the same at the end of the 20th lap and won with a 40+ seconds gap.

^ All with stock fuel map.

I enjoyed this one. Set fuel map to 2 for a few laps. Then, fuel to 4 from lap 3(14.0 lap economy) to my pit stop, at lap 17. Switched to Mediums, set fuel to 4 and with 3 laps to go, I had 6 laps of fuel. Set fuel to 1, as 2nd place AI was catching me at nearly .5 seconds per sector.

Why can't Custom races be set with 29 AI?

Be steady, no mistakes. You don't need to be banging hot laps.
For me, the best strategy is to stop as few times as possible.
Hard tires, fuel map 6, drive as clean as possible. By the time of your pit stop, some cars already stopped twice and most of them are about to stop for the second time. A couple of laps in your second stint you should be on top five and with fresh rubber, shouldn't be difficult to take the lead until the end of the stint.
If I recall correctly, there should be only 5 or 6 laps remaining by then, put some mediums or softs (soft can be a little tricky, depends on your driving style), fuel map 1 and it should be ok. Be aware the IA cars will be very fast in the last couple of laps (in my case, I believe the car chasing me, on the last lap, clocked about a 1:51~1:52 lap, considering a bunch of time he recovered of my lead)

Sounds daft, but git gud. Practice and you'll gold it easy. I plonk it on fuel map 6 and racing medium tyres. Won by a country mile because I spend a lot of time driving the porsche and love Lago Maggiore as a track. Experience is key.

Don't forget, if you're on fuel map 6 then you have to sit stationary in the pits for less time.
Imo strategies like this are dull.

I’m not fast, by any stretch of the imagination, but I just put on hard tyres, fuel map 1 and just go all out for the whole race. Dosnt matter if I crash or spin out I’ll usualt win by a good old margin too meaning I don’t have to worry about my tyres, I just pit when I need too!

Only just discovered this topic, maybe I'll finish stage 6 of these challenges now as been struggling with the 911 RSR race.

If I remember correctly, Mediums with map 2 the whole way, should be a 2 stop with the last stop switching to softs since you wont be on them that long.

I don't get it. I just came 2nd, lost by 14 seconds. Ran a near flawless race with two pit stops (ran RS then changed to RM), fuel map 1 all the way and still lost. I really don't get it. The only way I could see to do it would be to only take one pit AND somehow have RS the entire time. As for people saying they won by over 1 min, I just don't get how you do that.

I guess the trick could be to just pit once, but the Ferrari only pits twice and he is SO much quicker than everyone else, so I really don't see how you gain time on him with just one pit stop less (which seems to take the AI cars hardly any time at all).

Last edited:
Using the mentioned stratergies I won by well over a minute.
R/s tyres, map on 1, tcs2 brake F4.
Pit lap 7,13,19 and 25.
Use 6.5 laps of fuel every stop except the last.
Very easy. Thanks guys.

You stopped 4 times? Ok now I really don't understand how I lost. Am I screwing myself over with the rubber banding by being too quick early on?

I don't get it. I just came 2nd, lost by 14 seconds. Ran a near flawless race with two pit stops (ran RS then changed to RM), no fuel map 1 all the way and still lost. I really don't get it. The only way I could see to do it would be to only take one pit AND somehow have RS the entire time. As for people saying they won by over 1 min, I just don't get how you do that.

I guess the trick could be to just pit once, but the Ferrari only pits twice and he is SO much quicker than everyone else, so I really don't see how you gain time on him with just one pit stop less (which seems to take the AI cars hardly any time at all).
What aids are you using?

TC2 slows you down in the corners a lot. It's much better to run TC1 or 0 and just being gentle with the throttle.

It does, but I doubt enough for me to be a minute behind what I should be. I usually use TC2 (TC1 if it's a FWD car) with no issues on any other race etc. Others seem to use TC2 or 3 with no issue too, I'm sure it must be something to do with my race strategy.

Last edited:
It does, but not that much. I usually use TC2 (TC1 if it's a FWD car) with no issues. Others seem to use TC2 or 3 with no issue too, I'm sure it must be something to do with my race strategy.

I would check your controller and make sure your throttle is registering 100% input. The trigger buttons are the DS4's weak point. the HUD has a throttle input bar. Make sure it's getting filled.

Back