how do you hear your Music on PC ?

Werner! Good to see you back, man. It's been quite some time since you posted here. I hope all is well.

I use iTunes. As far as speakers go...screw the wimpy computer speakers, I'm using my 300watt stereo system. :D

What he said ^

And one of these:

airportexpress.jpg

Hooked up to one of these:

325998.jpg

Windows media player is fine for me. I did use winamp for about 5 years a few years back.

I use Winamp, have done for 5+ years now and have never felt the need to change.
Pretty ,much the same here. As for speakers, I use a couple of older model Sony PC speakers. They're OK, but I feel the speakers that I got with the old Packard Bell computer from the mid '90's do a pretty good job in regards to bass sounds.

When I lived by myself a few years ago, I had it hooked up to a Panasonic bookshelf stereo system with Dolby ProLogic Surround Sound.

software: Foobar2000

Hardware: laptop speakers or AKG K701s

If we're including hardware I'd just like to add y'can't go wrong with the Logitech 5.1 500w Z5500's :D

Foobar2000
10356.jpg

It's about a million times better than iTunes.

And on Logitech X-240
158588_7c9ecd3f.jpg

or Everglide S-500 Headphones. (mine are the black ones)
Everglide_S-500_Professional_Headphonesvs2Standard.jpg

And I really think there should be a poll. With probably WMP, iTunes, Winamp, Foobar, MusicMatch, RealPlayer (shudders) and so on.

I use regular old Windows Media Player, and on my desktop I have a cheap (though stylish) 2.1 TRUST sound system.

itunes-logo.png

iTunes

+

ss2.jpg

Harman/Kardon Soundsticks II

And occasionally:

airportexpress.jpg

Apple Airport Express, Airtunes wireless music streaming

+

HTDDW785.jpg

Sony home theatre.

iTunes

&

logitech%20Z-3e%20zwart.jpg

Logitech Z3
Got them for £25 when they were on clearance at work, they were originally £60. 👍

Then every now and then I use my built in iMac speakers.

OK...

iTunes is the music library.

It is synchronised by "SmartSync" to an Ubuntu Linux server in the garage, running mt-daapd music server software.

A Roku Soundbridge connects to the music server
roku_soundbridge.jpg

The Soundbridge is connected to a Quad 34/306 pre/power amp combination
quad34and306.jpg

which is connected to a pair of B&W DM602 S3 speakers
bwdm6021.gif

Its awesome. Seriously. And if I use the Soundbridge as the pre-amp, and just connect it to the line in on the Quad power amp, it's jaw-dropping. I'm having to re-rip my entire music collection because 192Kbps isn't really cutting it anymore.

Back