Can't go wrong with B&W. đź‘Ť

Absolutely not. Hence:

2x DM602 S3 in the study
6x MT-1 and 1x PV-1 (MT-30 package plus one centre rear) in the living room
1x Zeppelin in the conservatory

We like B&W in our house!

Well im using...

itunes-logo.png

from My iMac and Western digital 1TB external, linked via Chord iChord Cable...

ichord-j2rca-2-500.jpg

to a Denon DM30 at the moment...

dm30large.jpg

but as soon as money permits these will be added...

Denon will act as Pre to a...

Roksan Kandy L.III stereo power amp...

roksan-kandy-power-amp-1200.jpg

via a Chord Crimson Interconnect...

crimson-rca-1-500.jpg

and this will power...

BW_685_oak_front_1400pxh.jpg

a pair of B&W 685 speakers via Chord Carnival SilverScreen terminated speaker cable...

silverscreen-bananas-1-500.jpg

I suppose I could post a pic of what I'm using as a sound system

JVC MX-GT700 300W stereo (without the grilles on the subs)
41MAQNFCMEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Well im using...

from My iMac and Western digital 1TB external, linked via Chord iChord Cable...

to a Denon DM30 at the moment...

but as soon as money permits these will be added...

Denon will act as Pre to a...

Roksan Kandy L.III stereo power amp...

via a Chord Crimson Interconnect...

and this will power...

a pair of B&W 685 speakers via Chord Carnival SilverScreen terminated speaker cable...

Can't argue with that rig! Obviously, if you can live without the CD & tuner of the Denon mini, you could cut it out. A Roksan Kandy pre/power combo is about the only thing that could tempt me to shelve the Quad.

Can't argue with that rig! Obviously, if you can live without the CD & tuner of the Denon mini, you could cut it out. A Roksan Kandy pre/power combo is about the only thing that could tempt me to shelve the Quad.

Ohh I dont know the Quad 306 is a nice bit ok kit, I was considering the 909 power amp with the Denon, obviously the Denon is the weak link in the chain so I also considered a stereo amp Like the Roksan Kandy K2. I just dont want the music to be so bright and un involving that I would regret the purchase. Hif takes some serious thought and time when purchasing.

incidentally you may be interested in this >> LINK

Last edited:
Software:
Winamp

Hardware:
Logitech Z-2300
logitech_z2300_2.1_THX_speakers.gif

or

H9A.jpg
With a set of
sony-headphones.jpg

Those speakers inside. It makes for an excellent poor-man's noise counselling headphone, and doubles as something that (was) great for ear protection at work.

I occasionally connect the computer to my old stereo system - It came from my dad, and the newest component (save for the cabling) is from the late 1960's. The amplifier needs work, some of the switching is starting to give out.

Apart from saying iTunes and my M-Audio Firewire Solo interface, It's useless to list off model numbers and things since from there my equipment is pre-1990s stuff. I have an incredibly old Realistic amplifier and some sweet (and pretty large) Klipsch KG2 loudspeakers.

I've also got some somewhat cheap Sennheiser headphones for when I don't want to wake everyone up within the complex.

71TJPXKE6KL._SL500_AA280_.gif

I use the retro beige Cambridge Soundworks PCWorks Four Point Surround speakers and sub system. I can even begin to discribe the awesomeness of these speakers.

Cambridge Soundworks may not be the biggest name in audio and they sure don't reach mass production levels seen buy some other manufacturers but what they do produce is really high quality. The range of sound produced is great and the sub is damn powerful even though its not a high wattage.

They dont rattle, sweak or crackle even after like 7 years use at really high volumes and I would def consider this company for my audio in future... They have this family business feel and I was suprised at the quality.

Robin.

All I want from a music player is for it to load files and play them. Period. That's why I can't stand iTunes. It's seriously bloated and hungry for control over everything. Luckily I was able to set it up so that I have full manual control over music management on my iPod. I didn't expect to be able to plug in my iPod without anything happening automatically. :) I also can't stand any Windows Media Player after version 6 (I use Media Player Classic for videos). So many frivolous features.

On my Mactop, I use VLC. So much cleaner and nicer than iTunes, and rather than manhandling my music library like iTunes wants to do, in VLC I can load a folder and have a tiered playlist organized the way my folders are. đź‘Ť

For the PC, I use a barebones installation of Winamp Lite with video support disabled and a classic skin. Since I tend to work with MIDI, I also often use a program called FMMidi to play FM Synthesis (because XP pretends the hardware synthesizer on my sound card doesn't exist), and another called GXSCC to play NES music or basic waveforms.

To play my music I use Media Monkey http://www.mediamonkey.com/ most of the time but sometimes use Windows Media Player. Don't own an iPod so I don't have iTunes.

Right now I just use the laptop speakrs or my basic headphones. Should hopefully get a nice Logitech speaker setup next year though. :sly:

To play my music I use Media Monkey http://www.mediamonkey.com/ most of the time but sometimes use Windows Media Player. Don't own an iPod so I don't have iTunes.

Right now I just use the laptop speakrs or my basic headphones. Should hopefully get a nice Logitech speaker setup next year though. :sly:

Sorry to go off topic, but your username is slims and you're apparently from Barbados. That is awesome.

71TJPXKE6KL._SL500_AA280_.gif

I use the retro beige Cambridge Soundworks PCWorks Four Point Surround speakers and sub system. I can even begin to discribe the awesomeness of these speakers.

Cambridge Soundworks may not be the biggest name in audio and they sure don't reach mass production levels seen buy some other manufacturers but what they do produce is really high quality. The range of sound produced is great and the sub is damn powerful even though its not a high wattage.

They dont rattle, sweak or crackle even after like 7 years use at really high volumes and I would def consider this company for my audio in future... They have this family business feel and I was suprised at the quality.

Robin.

Well , the Cambridge Soundworks speakers are great !
(I use the same on the PC)

The Pc is positioned in the vestibule
and is connected via digitalcable with the hi-fi system in living room.
There standing a pair of Usher Dancer (made in Taiwan :) )
Sounds good

Back