How do you set looking left and right?PS4 

• Thread starter slthree
  • 11 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
I'm using a Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and I can't find an easy way to look left and right.

What buttons have you mapped to do this?

Screenshot_20190220-124331_Gallery.jpg

Pushing left and right on my stick makes changes to the car menu that pulls up when you push up

If that's how you look side to side @Sentry87, how do you adjust strategies?

I would possibly change those to look left/right. Then use a USB keyboard and assign other features to it ICM, wipers, lights, seat position etc. Keyboard works on PS4 as well.

What buttons have you mapped to do this?
For quickness on my G29 I have look L & R mapped to the buttons nearest my thumbs. D pad left and O. On your wheel I'd use L3 and O. And probably L2 to look behind.

I use a separate button to activate the car menu and then the d pad to move around.

With the G29 plus an attached keypad I'm not short of buttons!

View attachment 801029

Pushing left and right on my stick makes changes to the car menu that pulls up when you push up

If that's how you look side to side @Sentry87, how do you adjust strategies?
The Dpad can be used outside of the ICM aswell as in it, sort of dual controls.
So you can assign the Dpad to whatever you want & it'll still work in the ICM, just remember to make sure that you have a button / or direction assigned to get into the ICM :)

@Sentry87 For whatever reason, I thought using a keyboard was for PC users

@Mr Grumpy Also, I didn't know you could double map buttons. I may try that first

@IfAndOr That would be the easiest for be too. But, would it mean the o button no longer operates as the back button?

No, a keyboard or keypad can be plugged into the PS4 and is recognised. You can then map the keys to most functions. It's highly recommended.

You can't double map buttons as such. It's only that the ICM once opened will continue to work with the Dpad. When the ICM is closed the buttons can be used for something else. It can get a little confusing though. That keypad helps.

Yes, since you can't double map, you'd have to use another button to look back. Again with a keypad you can free up buttons on the wheel.

Remember if you don't assign any buttons to headlights or wipers they come on automatically when required, that'll save you 2 buttons :)

But the wiper one can be annoying without manual control. Sometimes when needed they don't come on, sometimes they stay on when you don't want them. Just like the auto wipers on my real car!

But the wiper one can be annoying without manual control. Sometimes when needed they don't come on, sometimes they stay on when you don't want them. Just like the auto wipers on my real car!
Seems ok to me, works good on my real car aswell.

Anyways I only use the auto set up on controller when I'm having a quick go, I've got a wireless numeric keypad as a button box when I use my wheel for long sessions.

Back