How fast can you do the 100m sprint?

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 94 comments
Originally posted by millencolin
i cant run......i was put in a division for the school athletics carnival......i ran and kept up with the others....until about 40m into the race. the others took off when i just stopped and walked the rest of the way. no point trying if you have no chance

:odd: That's not a good attitude. I'll sound like a hipocrite because that's how I view somethings now but never when I ran or did any physical sports even if I didn't have a chance.

Originally posted by Party for GT4
You smoke? Dumbass. Stick to booze, its better for you.:D

It's actually better not to do anything "bad" when in competition.

Hmmm... looked like everyone here is doing 13's until I got to the end of the posts which sounded more normal. I say that because I used to do 12's easy in practice with the sprinters. The "long distance" runners would do that every once in a while and I enjoyed it because I love to sprint even though I'm probably better at long distance. I'd like to see how fast I could do it now though.

Nick

Hahh. Did a 12.93 secs on Saturday. I don't run much but I love cycling. I think that helps me. However I'm far better at longer-distance because I have good stamina from my cycling.

And also, small amounts of red wine are actually good for your heart.

I was able to get around 13 seconds but that was back in 6-7th grade. So I'm sure I'm faster now. What is the world record? Isn't it 9 seconds or something?

As of right now, Tim Montgomery holds the record at 9.78 seconds. Of course, that could all change with Montgomery being suspected of using steroids. If his record is stripped, Maurice Green will hold the record at 9.79 seconds.

I ran a 11.25 about 2 months ago.I used to run all the time but i kind off lost interest.

My last timed 100m was close to 11sec flat, with no track shoes and I was in the 9th grade. If I had stayed on the track team, I'm sure it would been closer to 10sec flat by the time I was out of high school.

My 100m times range anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes and 20 seconds. :dunce:

about 11.45... that was a couple of years ago.... im in year 10 now and i havnt tried for a while... but in a couple of days the athletics day is on and im in the 100m event so i will see if ive still got it...

11.13, im a right winger/goalie in football so i guess speed is nesceserry.

i done the 1500 in a shade over 3 minutes i think, 3:12 or something.

The best ive done is 11.93. But my speciality is the 200m because im not too good on the starts.

I havent run for about a year so im not as fast now(i think)but then again i can still easily outrun anyone playing any sport with me. :)

6.5, oh hang on that was a drag race in GT4 :D. I haven't timed myself running for about 5 years, last time I can remember fotr the 100m sprint was 12.67 but I've been playing full lenth games of football once or twice almost every week for about 3 years now and I think I'm faster than I was.

live4speed
6.5, oh hang on that was a drag race in GT4 :D. I haven't timed myself running for about 5 years, last time I can remember fotr the 100m sprint was 12.67 but I've been playing full lenth games of football once or twice almost every week for about 3 years now and I think I'm faster than I was.

sounds a lot like me last time I timed myself it was 11-12 can't remember that was in 7th grade now I am in 10th grade and play football pretty often(everyday):lol: about 2-3 hours nonstop. I noticed my speed had increased as well as my endurance.
Real Madrid!!

Man U is good too I guess....

IA

I can proudly say that I can do it less than 28 seconds.. Being a gamer and all helps 👍

I'll swim 2 kilometers in less than an hour though :odd:

This is OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDD thred but, Ive never done a 100m sprint, the only thing ive done is the 400m, and my time was 59.6 sec, that would bring time to about 15 seconds:D

Back