How Forza Could Come to PlayStation: Microsoft Reportedly Considering Third-Party Platforms

• Thread starter Famine
  • 66 comments
If anything, the way they described the games in question (and alongside previous news stories), I'm fairly confident that one of the games is Hi-Fi Rush. At least, that's the main one that I would care about.
Hi-Fi Rush is basically all but confirmed; there are files in it’s latest update which contains new clothing items that appear to be Switch and PS5 themed, and Nintendo’s rumoured Partner Direct Mini was apparently postponed due to the Xbox podcast. Phil said the individual teams behind the games want to reveal on them on their terms, so you can put two and two together there.

The other titles will probably be Sea of Thieves, Pentiment and Grounded, all of which make sense along with Hi-Fi Rush. All older titles that seem like they’d find their footing a bit better on other platforms.

It was nothing. They let rumors run wild and doom spread about Xbox going away and could have said no the whole time.

It’ll be four games being ported, but once they put any games on PlayStation and Switch, why would they stop? I fully expect more and even bigger titles eventually.

Play anywhere just means why even buy an Xbox. This isn’t going to help the struggling Xbox and Gamepass.

Spencer said he would of course welcome other consoles' games on Xbox, and noted that it would be beneficial for multiplayer games in particular, where building a large online community is important for a game's lifespan.

"I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2 – and it's a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation – I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox," he said. "If you try to twist yourself to say, like, somehow that benefited somebody somewhere.
Ok Phil, I guess that means you're absolutely in favor of Forza on Playstation. Good news.

It’s pretty simple. If this handful of games brings in a lot of extra revenue with relatively small investment they will do it more often. After all the spending and layoffs they need positive news for shareholders.

I really like the Sony model. PS exclusive for a year or two. PC gets fancy version with all updates later. Everybody wins. Some PS fanboys complain but they don’t understand PC sales help fund new (timed) exclusives on PS. And some games didn’t resonate well at PS at first, but were instant hits on PC, eg Death Stranding.

Hi-Fi Rush is basically all but confirmed; there are files in it’s latest update which contains new clothing items that appear to be Switch and PS5 themed, and Nintendo’s rumoured Partner Direct Mini was apparently postponed due to the Xbox podcast. Phil said the individual teams behind the games want to reveal on them on their terms, so you can put two and two together there.

The other titles will probably be Sea of Thieves, Pentiment and Grounded, all of which make sense along with Hi-Fi Rush. All older titles that seem like they’d find their footing a bit better on other platforms.
Yh those games all confirmed now.

Back