How good are the Asians?

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 65 comments
Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MastrGT
I am not much aware of the Asian GT3 players. I am mostly aware of the North Americans, Europeans and some Australians through the typical, well known GT sites.

Does anyone have an idea of how good the Asians are? We are probably going to meet them on-line, so I am curious what we will be up against.

MasterGT

I've always wondered this too. Wait until we go up against some people who worked to develp the game, now I bet those people are good.

I'm Asian but I live in Australia.

I'm crap cause my friend did the majority of my licences for me. XD I'm hoping to start again after completing the game though. (Not 100% though)

From my expieriance, asians are the best at wht they want to be, its rather annoying. And they dont seem to smile after they win @_@; they only seem to play to show they are best :scared:

I don't know that we'll be able to compete with them online. I assume there will be a version missmatch issue. NTSC / NTSC-J / PAL ... etc.

crazy asians.....it all started with reverse engineering, then they made it better, now they rock at everything...*sigh/ canada still has a pretty amazing mining system though,....

:lol: us? crazy? Well not all of us are good. I'm above average, I mean I might be able to give some people a run for their money but no way am I near the best. Drifting's more my bag. But I'll bet anything sum of the asian delevopers will come online daily and hand out ass-kickings. :)

hey, you don;y count Turbolevin, you live in Illinois, you probably drive a pick up truck, work at the hardware store and eat more steak and potatoes that rice......( by the way, i am just joking around, so that no one gets offended ) I am from Canada, make fun of me....hahahaha we rule !

The Asians arent any better than us at this game other than creating it, We made it ROCK and they ask us for special codes which we Hacked!!! Asians are very creative and are just as good, But I don't think any better, Judging from several Online Races and Stats of the Outcome they were not there, Or they hardly participated!

I don't know what on-line events you are talking about, HybirdDlvr, but I think your last point is most relevant: they haven't participated in anything much, for us to really know about how good they really are/aren't.

Cheers,

MasterGT

MasterGT
What have you seen and where?

Cheers,

MasterGT

video clips of them playing games, eg dance dance revolution, some wierd game like DDR but you use your hands (the one i saw was CRAZY! was so fast) some of my mates are asian, and they absolutely kill me at most games, especially fighting games. and i am quite good at most games.

JW31
i'm an asian, living in U.S. - _-;
i don't think any of koreans are so interested in GT :P

Unyong! Hey what's up?! I'm Korean too! but I live in Canada
I don't think I'm the best but I'm pretty obsessed with GT. So far no one I've played VS has beat me consistantly. I also taught my friend how to play and he schools his friends. but yeah enough tooting the horn, I'd say I'm pretty good but not the best.

Cosmic
The only reason to this is , they haven't got a life yet!
I don't have to be best to enjoy GT.

hahaha no life? good one...
it's cuz almost ALL Asians grow up with above average hand-eye coordination aswell as rhythm. The latter being the reason why it's common to see us playing DDR on maniac (I personally dont, but I do play mid-high).

oh, and no one said you had to be the best to enjoy anything; but when there's competition SOMEONE or some group has to be the best right?

TwinTurboJay
dammit, the canadians are the best HAHAHAHA mostly becasue winter is so long here, it keeps us inside longer

It's a longer winter where I live (Winnipeg)!!!! and Its colder here too than Toronto!

Thats pretty baised or prejudice.... I'm asian and I live in Canada, I play games only when I'm bored or when I want to have some fun playing games thats all. NOT ALL asians are gaming nerds.... hopefully not anyways.

I raced some japanese people on V8 supercars 2 and they were very good, some of the best racers i have ever seen.

im asian...WAIT..... no im not (honestly im not), just because someones asian doesnt mean their good at GT3,(unless they can conect their dance dance revolutions dance board to the psx2), but it not a 100% garantee that all asians are super good at video games, im super good.... to a certain extent....

Umm Mr. Snowman have you noticed that in places where there are fighting games they are generally really good at them.

I am sure there will be alot of good players out there when GT4 Online begins...

Dan

radicool02
I raced some japanese people on V8 supercars 2 and they were very good, some of the best racers i have ever seen.
Thanks for not using rhetoric that the others seem to need, radicool02.

That's what I think we'll be up against (good players), if we are allowed to integrate with other groups of people from around the world.

Cheers,

Back