How has your next gen experience been so far?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 7 comments
Pretty average so far.

Moved from playstation to xbox so cant bring any of my back catalogue.

No system seller means no need to get one just now but the old games do run at 60 fps which makes them better.

Main reason for switching was ability to run emulators on xbox legally but the ps2 one is still very buggy but gamecube and wii runs well.

Got gamepass for 1 quid which is good but the xbox store is vastly inferior to ps store and massively overpriced.

Until we some system sellers this new generation is just liike buying a ps pro or something.

Slight improvements in current games but not really worth the price.

Loving my PS5 so far. Feels like playing with my PC on TV, just with reduced lag due to direct connection instead of using Steam Link or Shield TV.

The new controller is pretty good, definitely an improvement over previous versions. Most games are 60 FPS now, which is a must for me. There are still plenty of PS+ games I haven’t played yet, so I won’t be running out of quality games any time soon.

Plenty of interesting PSN exclusive coming this year I’m interested in - Deathloop, Ratchet and Clank, GT 7 and I’m sure some good 3rd party games too.

Went from a base ps4 to ps5 and I’m loving it.

Cyberpunk 2077 is now playable and there was also a massive improvement with ACC. There isn’t as big of a difference in GTS or Warzone but it’s still noticeable.

There are many other games I want to try out like Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima because those have big improvements as well. The DualSense is also my favorite controller of all time.

I’m very happy with my purchase, just waiting for GT7 now.

Last edited:
No real problems with the PS5 switch for me to report.

Controller is vastly better and much more responsive than it's PS4 counterpart, games load much quicker and the overall graphics on PS4 receive noticeable improvements to me and the software functions well with very few errors compared to the PS4 when running games.

No compatibility issues or errors when playing any PS4 game on my PS5 so all in all a very satisfactory purchase, just waiting for the start of the mainstream PS5 titles to start being released and in particular GT7 and the new version of GTA V when it comes.

Machine is amazingly quiet and although it's in an enclosed area has remained surprisingly dust free.

Mine has been pretty much as expected. I moved from a base PS4 to a PS5 primarily to play PS4 games in 4K/Pro mode and I haven't been disappointed by that at all. The Plus Collection is a great addition for this and has mad the upgrade well worth it for me as I didn't play many of the games in the catalog. The new controller is also excellent, especially the adaptive triggers.

On the downside I don't feel like the PS5 has any real special games available yet. Spider-man Miles Morales doesn't interest me that much and besides that most other titles are multi-platform. My console also has some very loud coil whine that I can hear constantly unless I turn my volume up to neighbour bothering levels.

Jumped from a PS3 to a launch day PS5. Couldn't be happier - got an entire back catalogue of PS4 games to play until I see a must-have PS5 exclusive.

It’s been a great upgrade so far. No real systemsellers yet. Demon Souls is nice but it is a remake.

But coming from a base ps4, God of War 4k 60fps feels like a next gen game. It looks so good.

Gt Sport looks great too, but why are the replays still 30fps? It looks worse than a base ps4....

Last edited:
Back