How is this even possible!? DR reset for the 4th time!

• Thread starter nuu1212
  • 44 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuu1212

(Banned)
Germany
Germany
Lost about 30 SR points in one Race C with a guy targeting me after he braked way early and got hit.
How can other drivers still have DR/SR points, while I am the victim and an above average cautious driver!?

At least this gives me another huge EGO boost.
Winning by 25 sec now in DR:D. Must be one of the greatest drivers in the world.

Beeing involved in too many incidents can cause these DR resets, the game still has difficulties judging whos wrong and can slam you with a DR Drop try starting from the back and get a couple no contact races and you should be ok

Only 4 times? I'm in double digits. :ouch:
Learned anything in the process???
If you find yourself constantly asking why me when seemingly others aren't, you have to step back and take a look at yourself.
I watched the whole replay. Would upload video if anyone cared. Cannot judge SR rating changes from replay, though!
I made contact 3 times being behind, and was contacted from behind 7 times. All very minor bumps. Got no penalties for them. Still SR down about 30 points. The two guys in front battle it out like crazy, obviously trying to run the other off track. One has 8.0 sec penalty, but still in the end both are in the blue. How is it possible?

How is it possible?
Penalties do not equal SR down. SR down is SR down, penalties are penalties.

Simply put, they're getting penalties but way more sectors with SR up than SR down. You're not getting penalties, but way too many sectors with SR down than you can balance off with SR up sectors.

Penalties are neither here nor there. It's the orange down arrows you need to avoid.

Lost about 30 SR points in one Race C with a guy targeting me after he braked way early and got hit.
I made contact 3 times being behind, and was contacted from behind 7 times. All very minor bumps.
That would certainly do it, yes.

If someone is repeatedly trying to hit you from behind, ghost your car so they drive through you. Letting fully off the throttle will do it, as will banging the clutch pedal in.

I realise some idiots brake check but penalties for being hit up the rear are insane.

The other crappy one, and I find it a lit of ngp, is folks are super aggressive when passing, hit you, run off track and I get the penalty cos they nerfed themselves off track.

Like what?

Could just quit sport mode and move into league racing. Or racing in lobbies with cleaner guys.

Penalties do not equal SR down. SR down is SR down, penalties are penalties.
Sure, but how is is possible that a penalized move does much less SR- than 10 slight contacts?
What behaviour exactly may lead to a SR+ or SR- for a given sector ??? This has always been a mystery to me.

Sure, but how is is possible that a penalized move does much less SR- than 10 slight contacts?
What behaviour exactly may lead to a SR+ or SR- for a given sector ??? This has always been a mystery to me.

A clean sector is one with zero contact and staying inside the lines, it’s pretty simple. The game expects you to avoid ALL contact even at the detriment of your own race. It says right there in the etiquette videos you have to watch to play sport mode, you’re supposed to put your own car off track to avoid making contact with someone else.

Last edited:
A clean sector is one with zero contact and staying inside the lines, it’s pretty simple. The game expects you to avoid ALL contact even at the detriment of your own race. It says right there in the etiquette videos you have to watch to play sport mode, you’re supposed to put your own car off track to avoid making contact with someone else.
Sorry, it is NOT. (and thanks for the schooling)

I was paying extra attention now and realized the following:
I can get small penalties for slight cutting or running wide (Nurb GP) and still get green SR+ for the sector
On the other hand I sometimes stay inside the limits and have no contact and still get NO SR at all
On one occasion I made contact by bad driving and still the sector was green SR+
It is a myth that a pending penalty keeps you from getting SR+, I still got them.
I realize that in my worst races I just failed to get SR+ to compensate the contacts, but I have no clue why.

Maybe this is worth another thread...

I can get small penalties for slight cutting or running wide (Nurb GP) and still get green SR+ for the sector
The SR system is designed to work independently from the penalty system. Track limit penalties are supposed to punish intentional corner cutting/extending, whereas SR down is supposed to punish leaving the track unintentionally. Track limits are different for each. Usually all four wheels have to leave the track to get SR down. For the purposes of calculating SR the track usually includes any curbing and often includes some tarmac beyond the curb. It's entirely possible, and intended, that someone can rack up lots of penalties without affecting their SR. SR is a judgement on how safe the game thinks a driver is.
On the other hand I sometimes stay inside the limits and have no contact and still get NO SR at all
On one occasion I made contact by bad driving and still the sector was green SR+
I haven't noticed either of these happening to me but I haven't been checking. Can you post a video?
It is a myth that a pending penalty keeps you from getting SR+, I still got them.
I haven't heard this myth. Sometimes the game judges you should get a penalty and SR down, sometimes you get one or the other.

I find if I make a mistake at the end of a sector I will still get a green SR for that sector but I will get no SR for the next (clean) sector.

I guess the algorithm lags a bit so it can be confusing.

Do we really need a video for things people experience day in and day out?
If you need to see a race with 10 contacts (which seems to be record breaking) - how would I do that given a saved replay?

After I got a clean race bonus (and blue S) for this race I lost any remaining faith in the penalty system

That's half a year ago though, yet things haven't improved much.

The track limits for shortcut / wide penalties are different than those for clean race bonus / SR up arrows.
For example you can go wide in Tetre Rouge and not get a shortcut penalty, but you do lose the SR up arrow.
You can get minor short cut penalties in other occasions but keep the SR up arrow. (see my video)

Any bump that gets you the SR Down arrow will negate the clean race bonus and SR up for that sector, as well as costing 2 or 3 SR for each bump.
Getting bumped off track without getting the SR Down arrow will let you keep the SR up arrow for that sector, yet it still costs a few SR points.
(A clean race bonus with red SR is still possible, although a lot more rare now the SR Down arrows are back)

A bump that gives you a time penalty costs a lot of SR and is easily gotten when the other car can't keep it on the road. It doesn't matter who hits who or where, the only thing that matters is who goes off road or contacts a wall.

Shortcut penalties don't cost SR, 2 battling cars can easily rack up 8 sec in shortcut penalties simply going outside the lines trying to avoid each other. It's nice the etiquette video says to put yourself off road to avoid cars, just to give you a nice penalty as reward :lol:

There is also some prejudice against higher DR/SR drivers. In mixed rooms, lower DR/SR can get away with a lot more than higher DR/SR. The higher DR/SR driver is supposed to get out of the way. I've been punted off the track by DR.D drivers and got SR Down for it. Starting from the back is not always a good strategy to regain SR as you'll be starting behind and in front of lower DR drivers! Got to avoid them all.

Interesting.
You somehow managed to get enough SR+ to compensate.
I completely failed at that as it seems. Wonder if driving in a group without contacts also prevents some SR+.
Every time I get pole and get away my SR obviously skyrockets.
Starting 8-10 is clearly worst case among ambitious B Drivers.
SR Volatility is way too high in my view.

Do we really need a video for things people experience day in and day out?
No, but we do need a video for something someone is claiming that goes against everything we know about GT Sport's SR system, such as:
If you need to see a race with 10 contacts (which seems to be record breaking) - how would I do that given a saved replay?
A replay will not show either penalties or SR up/down. Only the live race will do that.

Double-tap the Share button to start recording what's on your screen, double-tap it again to stop recording. This video is automatically saved in your Capture Gallery on the PS4. Upload it to Youtube, post the Youtube link here.

Sven's video clearly shows
A) contact at 0:07 => still SR+ for sector
B) penalty (on grass) at 1:34 => still SR+ sector

remains to show
C) clean driving => no SR+ sometimes

Sven's video clearly shows
A) contact at 0:07 => still SR+ for sector
B) penalty (on grass) at 1:34 => still SR+ sector

remains to show
C) clean driving => no SR+ sometimes

I get that all the time :lol: Some tracks are just a mystery where the 'clean' track limits are. Sarthe especially. I've had many races where I expected the clean race bonus, zero penalties, no contact and inside the visible lines, yet no clean race bonus.

I forgot to compare a race where I did get the clean bonus vs one that seemed just as clean. Next time.

Do we finally fire the mods now?

They have a point though. You have your own fate in your hands. I've had a couple DR resets in the past, but they were mostly self inflicted. 30 SR point drops are totally avoidable, although it does sometimes mean backing out and running yourself off road to avoid missiles. Never trust the penalty system to get it right. It's better to drive yourself into a wall and lose maybe 1000 DR for totally screwing your race than losing 30K DR from a reset and have to work yourself back up from SR.C. Sometimes you get dealt a race that's not a race at all and merely an exercise in avoidance. However with enough practice you can turn almost anything to your advantage, well most of the time.

There is only one certainty with the penalty system, it will screw you over, as it will anyone else. Avoid contact at all costs.

You obviously have a point there.
Now, like 15 races in, I got better, less concentration on the car/line, more eyes on the traffic.
But then again, I am consistently starting in the top 3 now, so much less clinching there ...
Tomorrow will show if I have learned anything. When my DR is up again where it belongs - and I have to start mid-pack again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back