How many of you prefer the replay to run in 60fps?

• Thread starter reynold01
  • 16 comments

Your preference in replay mode 30fps or 60fps

• Total voters
How many of you actually prefer the replay to run in 60fps instead of 30fps?
It will be perfect if only the PS3 hardware is capable of it.

Of course I would prefer that, but it's just a simple matter of "Is it possible?"

Personally, if this was the biggest problem in the game, I wouldn't be stuck on GTA:IV right now... I really wish I had the drive to keep playing this game, since I love GT...

Personally, I don't care about the FPS in replays, I care more about stable and high FPS ingame. But given the choice, 60FPS ofcourse. ;)

I would be pretty satisfied with today 30 fps w/ motion blur replay if there weren't fps slowdowns with many cars and effects on the screen at the same time.

I thought PD did the replays at such speed purposely, not due to the fact that the hardware can't handle it. I read somewhere that replays ran at 24fps which is the natural frame rate for movies (film studios tend to do their shots at this rate). I noticed this when I played GT HD, it seems to run pretty slowly but when I stop the replay you can actually see the replay slightly speeding up back to 60fps before closing fully.

I think PD can choose to do 60fps if they wanted to, I personally would've preferred this but I think I got used to the 24fps frame rate now.

i dont know if its just me or my tv, but when the camera pans or the cars drive across the screen i can really see the individual frames and it really bothers me.

I want a replay at 30 because I love all the effects that are not in game play mode.

And I think it's my tv and I don't see any frame per second issues, just a drop here and there.

Given a choice of replay with effects at 30 FPS or no effects at 60 FPS, I'd much prefer 30 FPS.

The reason replays are not at 60fps were explained by PD quite a while ago: having a few extra visual effects (probably will be a lot more noticeable on the full GT5) during the replays means frame rate has to drop.

The reason replays are not at 60fps were explained by PD quite a while ago: having a few extra visual effects (probably will be a lot more noticeable on the full GT5) during the replays means frame rate has to drop.
Couldn't they provide the option of having 30fps with SFX or 60fps without?

From what I understand the reason they made replays 30fps was to make them seem more realistic!

When you watch anything on TV it will have been recorded at 25fps for UK/PAL and 29.67fps (or something like that) for US/NTSC!

The reason it makes it more realistic is little things like when the wheels are spinning 30 times a second they should appear to be standing still when you watch racing, etc on TV, but if the game did replays at 60fps, then it would only do that when the wheels were spinning 60 times per second.

So I think its just to make it seem like your watching the replay on TV, but the fast gameplay obviously makes use of the 60fps.

When you watch anything on TV it will have been recorded at 25fps for UK/PAL and 29.67fps (or something like that) for US/NTSC!

Japanese Super GT races are recorded in full 60fps.

That's all I have to say LOL

EDIT: I'm not really that bothered, as long as it looks good! 👍

Back