How many replies can we get??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
No postwhoring from me. I dare you to find one post that doesn't have a powerful and meaningful message in it.

you said yourself you were not a leprechaun. proof enough?

Originally posted by MistaX

You ain't a post whore, you just post alot, same as Me and Josh..

Does that make us postitutes instead of postwhores?:reallyodd Nevermind.

I feel better now that i got that off my chest. I believe EVERY SINGLE member here can do more to helpout. If you love your GTP, please,PLEASE dont ignore the problems going on. Dont let people get away with spaming and garbage posting.
thanx guys

Originally posted by Josh

Does that make us postitutes instead of postwhores?:reallyodd Nevermind.

that was weak. very weak. :P

we can't always be serious, but at least we should try to get some content in our posts...

Lancer Turbo!
Lancer_turbo_m.jpg

Originally posted by Endocytosis
I feel better now that i got that off my chest. I believe EVERY SINGLE member here can do more to helpout. If you love your GTP, please,PLEASE dont ignore the problems going on. Dont let people get away with spaming and garbage posting.
thanx guys

we have been doing that for a few weeks. not exactly 24/7, but i think everyone is getting tired of reading crap half filled with smiles, except of course a very "select" few.

maybe we should ask Jordan to get rid of some smilies... :confused:

Originally posted by dchamham
god stop flaming me endo

What he is doing is far from flaming. He is trying to get you to understand that posting stupid crap is looked down upon greatly. Nobody likes opening a thread, even if it is HMRCWG, and seeing " hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello" 4,000 times in one post, and other crap like that.

and the point was, birthday boy?

yes, an early 1980s Mitsubishi Lancer Turbo... nothing stellar in that...

Originally posted by PunkRock

maybe we should ask Jordan to get rid of some smilies... :confused:

I dont think the selection of smilies is the prob. its the irresponsible use of the smilies. Spamming, flaming, incorrect useage of smilies should all be repremanded by moderators and very stricted guidlines should be imposed until GTP settles down. (No offense to mods AT ALL) but I think they really need to crack down for the next couple weeks and start kicking ass. Get these morons off our boards and make everything right again.

I dont think the selection of smilies is the prob. its the irresponsible use of the smilies. Spamming, flaming, incorrect useage of smilies should all be repremanded by moderators and very stricted guidlines should be imposed until GTP settles down. (No offense to mods AT ALL) but I think they really need to crack down for the next couple weeks and start kicking ass. Get these morons off our boards and make everything right again.

what could be done with the smiles, however, is a limit-by-post of a certain number.

i've seen this being done at various forums i'm registered to, and no one has had complaints about this system. might be an interesting suggestion...

Originally posted by PunkRock

what could be done with the smiles, however, is a limit-by-post of a certain number.

i've seen this being done at various forums i'm registered to, and no one has had complaints about this system. might be an interesting suggestion...

I agree that there should be a limit imposed of 3 smilies or so within each post. I have seen boards that use a minimum character length before too. For example all your posts would have to be over 15 characters before it will allow you to post yourt message. What do you guys think of that?

For example all your posts would have to be over 15 characters before it will allow you to post yourt message. What do you guys think of that?

Sounds great, but that minimum limit of 15 would have to be greatly increased if put into use here.

A limit to smilies? :eek: If it comes to that I suppose it could be a good idea, but most of the crap you see posted is just sencless dribble. :Puke: I mean, to honestly sit at a computer screen hours on end to make absolutely no positive contribution is just a waste of space regardless of how many smiles are used.

Oh yeah, so wassup in the HMRCWG? :D

I agree that there should be a limit imposed of 3 smilies or so within each post. I have seen boards that use a minimum character length before too. For example all your posts would have to be over 15 characters before it will allow you to post yourt message. What do you guys think of that?

i agree. maybe not as low as 3 smilies (you know, sometimes they help in a very long post) but a limited amount of them, under 10, at least.

Do you think its worth me making a "Suggestions and Feedback" thread about the matter?

yes, and you can make sure we will back you up. :)

Setting a minimum limit to posts sounds like a great idea. It might persuade some members to not post at all, which would necessarally be a bad thing.

How about setting the minimum after you reach a certain number of posts, like once you reach 100 total posts, your expected to be a much better contributer to the forum. Besides, you'd hate to confuse new members just because they didn't type enough words.

Originally posted by Pako

Oh yeah, so wassup in the HMRCWG? :D

What the heck are you doin' in here?:D It's been a long time since I've seen you here. I remember when you, me, ghost, noc, magic, tatinee, and a ton of others used to talk in here. But I guess those days are over.:nervous:

You missed me lecturing DCSpamSpam pako...
it was great.
I hope I made some sense to him.
im just trying to help out here.

:embarrassed:, Oh really? I missed it, but I did see some rebuttle in the "Test Forum". Are you guys cool?

Originally posted by Josh

What the heck are you doin' in here?:D It's been a long time since I've seen you here. I remember when you, me, ghost, noc, magic, tatinee, and a ton of others used to talk in here. But I guess those days are over.:nervous:

:lol:, I'm here now arn't I? :Poke:

It's all good, it was good to see some other's in here hangin'...:)

It just seems that when ever I came in here, people were all *Shhh, here come's Pako* :D It must be my magnetic personallity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back