How much Hz does my tv needs for an optimal gt4 experience

• Thread starter RRRRRUL
  • 32 comments
Originally posted by Darwock
I'm sort of getting the impression nobody here really knows what they're talking about! It's very confusing.

The PAL copy of GT3 has exactly the same frame rate as the NTSC copy, and that is 60 fps. The TV has got nothing to do with this.

PAL and NTSC are different refresh rates, so games need adjusted to display in both. If a game has been optimised for PAL (as GT3 was) then there is no speed difference. If it hasn't been optimised, the PAL image will have borders and run slower (like Final Fantasy X). In a lot of cases these days you get an option with PAL games to choose the refresh rate, but to display 60hz your TV must be NTSC compatible, and most of them are. Otherwise the picture just flickers.

Gran Turismo does not have this problem, buy the PAL version and it will work on your TV at full speed.

I don't think it matters what the framerate is on a 50hz TV I think its only capable of displaying a max of 50fps, whereas 60hz is 60fps (which is actually a noticable difference).

Especially in games like Burnout 2, the difference between 50hz & 60hz modes are very obvious.

Yes, it is noticable in games which haven't been optimised. I have both NTSC and PAL copies of GT3 and they both run at identical speed and refresh rate.

Back