How much will GT5 improve your quality of life?

Messages
255
Yes, this thread has nothing to do with release dates or leaked videos or facts and speculation. I see a lot of people on here making a huge deal over a simply little video game. I'm convinced it's so serious if they announced an early January release or even mid-December some of us might just spontaneously explode... I'm not talking down on any of you. I am the same way. The point of this thread is to take a step away from stressing over the game and look at the situation in a different light. I'm sick of reading through threads with nothing but disappointment when I don't find the first link to an official release date announcement.

Maybe this thread doesn't deserve to exist here, if so then get rid of it but with all this passion and emotion being thrown around over a game I'd like to know why you all care so much about a simple game. We're all just names to each other but we all share a similar interest in GT5. I bet for very different reasons and since I waste most of my time on this board speculating release dates and talking about game features that may or may not be in the game I figured I'd post something for once I at least know about.

I'm sure most of you will find no interest in this but I'm interested to know how a game can be such a big deal to you all.

For me a lot of it is living a lifestyle I dream about but could never afford in real life. I'm a huge car nut and would love to be able to buy whatever car I want and tune it up how I so choose. The number of cars available in the new GT5 is mind blowing and I can't wait to spend God knows how much time drooling over the manufacturers list trying to decide how to spend my winnings.

I'd just go out and do stuff to pass time till the game comes out but for me that isn't really an option. I had the bright idea to enlist in the USMC and got home not too long ago medically discharged due to an incident I don't much care to share. Thus, I'm stuck mostly at home or at the VA doing therapy and collecting a disability check(not all bad, it was enough to get me the CE). I'm still put together enough to work the clutch, gas, brake, wheel, and shifter, thank God, but I've gotta keep the FFB set lower than I would like. That and I don't much like going in public since I got back. That's why it would be nice to have something new to fill my time. Especially something as epic as GT5.

So there, if you made it this far then you probably have more free time than me. Pointless thread? Yes, as are most of the others on the forum till we actually hear something from Sony but how a game can mean so much to people is something I'd like to hear about. Either this game is more than just a game to many of us or God 🤬 we all must like to 🤬 for the sake of :censored:ing. :)
 
Probably diminish it. My wife is going to hate me.
 
Dude, I hate to say it, but probably a lot. I've had a ton of disappointments lately and have just been dragging myself through work hand over hand everyday, GT5 missing the November 2nd date really actually took a toll on my mood...

I have no way of relaxing at the end of the day. All my buds are about 500 miles away, and I work non-stop. With some GT5 at night, I think my QOL would improve quite a bit.

Oh and P.S.: Screw these guys that stole the game, seriously. I don't care if they are giving us information. I would gladly go without info until release (whenever that is) if it meant there was less crime in the world. I know I'll buy the game regardless. We have enough crime already. Besides, the fact that a few criminals get to play the game before tons of fans, is just, really, really, really sad to me.
 
Gran Turismo is a big deal to me.
I work hard and I will never be rich, but I am a very content and happy individual.
I love cars. My teenage fascination with cars has not waned one bit.
I will never be able to drive or own my favorite cars, but in Gran Turismo, I get to realistically get behind the wheels of some of my favorite machines and do things I only dream about. I read magazine articles, watch the television shows, follow the racing, but Gran Turismo provides me an opportunity to experience and experiment with cars.
Gran Turismo is my track day.

That's why the emotions run so high for so many of us. Many of us don't even have working PS2's anymore to replay GT3 or 4, and at the end of the day, Prologue really is just a glorified demo.
We've been promised things by people we love (I dont' use this word lightly), and they've disappointed us. Imagine if your father promised you something every Christmas, then made a lame excuse as to why he couldn't provide it, then did that every Christmas for years.
Well Christmas is coming again, who knows if we'll actually get what we want this time.
 
Last edited:
I think its safe to say that it'll have one of two effects on most people on here...a drop in grades and an increase in sick days at work :O
 
As paradoxical as the statement seems, PD please don't release it before November 25 (highly unlikely as 2 weeks is not enough time to ship it to every major retail outlet around the world) as I'll surely fail my accounting final. Anytime after that is cool with me. :cool:
 
As paradoxical as the statement seems, PD please don't release it before November 25 (highly unlikely as 2 weeks is not enough time to ship it to every major retail outlet around the world) as I'll surely fail my accounting final. Anytime after that is cool with me. :cool:

It's funny because my sister, brother-in-law, and girlfriend finally convinced me to plan an outing and adjust to re-integrating with society, if you will. The event? An all day trip to the Shed Aquarium on.... NOVEMBER 23rd. It HAS to be NOVEMBER 23rd as it's the only day my brother-in-law could get off work and he has a voucher from his company to go for free with three other friends. For that reason alone I know it is going to release on the 23rd just so God can get one more good kick in on me to ice the cake. :banghead:

Of course I say that last bit in jest *says a ten hail Mary's* but as much as I'm going to force myself to enjoy the day with my girlfriend and family I know what's going to be on my mind all day. Maybe that's not so bad though, it helps to have somewhere to put my mind when I'm out in public. :indiff:
 
I think its safe to say that it'll have one of two effects on most people on here...a drop in grades and an increase in sick days at work :O

I feel you on this one.

However, school is a priority for me.

I think it's just going to be a stress reliever for me.

It's getting cold out here, so it's a nice game to keep myself warm :)
 
Nothing i would say, I will sleep less, my girl will be angry with me playing all nigths long, my boss will be angry for me being tiered at work.. I'l probably get fatter due to bad eating during long nights of playing !!!

But got dam om looking forward to it !!!:):)
 
Personally I think that the release would put me in a lot better mood. Just to have GT5 finally in my hands and working towards a goal to take my mind off of other nonsense that doesn't matter would take a lot of pressure off my shoulders. I know that when I first get it I will play it non stop, but then after a while I'll slowly slip back into reality.
For right now it is supplementing my need to take a project car and do what I want to it. Considering that I have another year left to get my degree, it is hard for me to come up with the money to buy a project vehicle since I don't want to tear apart my current car, but GT5 is that world I know where almost anything is possible and will keep my gear-head urges at bay haha. I just can't wait, and I probably will explode when I hear an official release date.
 
If actually won't as it huge part of the hours I spend will be reduced from my sleeping time :-)
 
GT5 will hugely improve my quality of life. Infact I would go as far to say that I would of been seriously depressed if GT5 had been delayed until 2011.

The main reason is because im housebound due to my disabilities. I've already had 4 operations on my spine and recently found out I need another. If this wasn't enough I also have a problem with my right hip which also needs an operation.

You may ask what this has to do with GT5 and my reply is simple. Due to being housebound boredom quickly sets in. I find when I have a decent game to play my mood is lifted. However recently the only games i've been playing is FM3 and GT5P but to be honest im bored with these but its the only games I have left to play. When GT5 is released the quality of my life will improve because this will keep me occupied for ages.
 
Good question......

i will probably drop from college. :ouch:
 
yes true true GT5 will be like a drug, you will need some of it to get by with every day lol
 
GT5 will hugely improve my quality of life. Infact I would go as far to say that I would of been seriously depressed if GT5 had been delayed until 2011.

The main reason is because im housebound due to my disabilities. I've already had 4 operations on my spine and recently found out I need another. If this wasn't enough I also have a problem with my right hip which also needs an operation.

You may ask what this has to do with GT5 and my reply is simple. Due to being housebound boredom quickly sets in. I find when I have a decent game to play my mood is lifted. However recently the only games i've been playing is FM3 and GT5P but to be honest im bored with these but its the only games I have left to play. When GT5 is released the quality of my life will improve because this will keep me occupied for ages.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you get better. Positive thoughts :]
 
I'm not a big gamer anymore and I work a lot nowadays, so I'm looking to lose myself in this game. Like others, GT5 will let me simulate a lot of my car fantasies. I even bought a new tv for this game alone, and I'm considering buying a wheel, the G27, of course. I've never played a GT game with a wheel, but that's because GT5P was the first time I got into a GT game. It's going to be grand to sit in front of my new tv and wheel and start up GT5.
 
Stress release i guess, can't imagine a better way to cool down, than to heat up the engines in Gran Turismo :)
 
GT5 will hugely improve my quality of life. Infact I would go as far to say that I would of been seriously depressed if GT5 had been delayed until 2011.

The main reason is because im housebound due to my disabilities. I've already had 4 operations on my spine and recently found out I need another. If this wasn't enough I also have a problem with my right hip which also needs an operation.

You may ask what this has to do with GT5 and my reply is simple. Due to being housebound boredom quickly sets in. I find when I have a decent game to play my mood is lifted. However recently the only games i've been playing is FM3 and GT5P but to be honest im bored with these but its the only games I have left to play. When GT5 is released the quality of my life will improve because this will keep me occupied for ages.
I understand man....racing is your medicin!
 
It will improve my eyesight! I've been staring at a little PSP screen for the past year!
 
It's a game just like any other, which means it'll make us hide in houses forever. Of course, that's terrible for quality of life, so there's your answer. What else did you expect?

Next useless thread please!
 
GT5 will hugely improve my quality of life. Infact I would go as far to say that I would of been seriously depressed if GT5 had been delayed until 2011.

The main reason is because im housebound due to my disabilities. I've already had 4 operations on my spine and recently found out I need another. If this wasn't enough I also have a problem with my right hip which also needs an operation.

You may ask what this has to do with GT5 and my reply is simple. Due to being housebound boredom quickly sets in. I find when I have a decent game to play my mood is lifted. However recently the only games i've been playing is FM3 and GT5P but to be honest im bored with these but its the only games I have left to play. When GT5 is released the quality of my life will improve because this will keep me occupied for ages.

Very Genuine. 👍 Thank you for your post, seriously.

And I hope you get your medicine on the week of the 24th. :)

p.s. if you are sharing expenses with anyone else, maybe you can associate future dlc costs with "filling your prescription". :dopey:
 
1. Its perfect for the bad winter here in the UK

2. I will stop worrying about a dam release date!

3. I will be at peace with my chi
 
I dont know what GT5 is going to do to me. Probably destroy most of my 'free time' and get me super hyped up for the next GT Academy.

To be honest, GT5 means A LOT to me. It is my track day, my 'race driving career' and my creative outlet. It is somehow, my way of life.
 
My girlfriend is already pissed because I warned her that this game is a very big deal to me. Also my hands are going to be hurting very badly 24 hours after the release. Maybe even a headache! Oh I can't wait!
 
I wasn't too upset actually when they delayed it, like many others, I had exams and assignments and still do for the next couple of weeks. So the delay has probably saved my future.
 
It's a game just like any other, which means it'll make us hide in houses forever. Of course, that's terrible for quality of life, so there's your answer. What else did you expect?

Next useless thread please!

I've been stuck in my house for what seems like forever and as far as I can tell unless the VA can figure out something new to fix me all my life had to offer me was 22 good years and the rest will be spent trying to find what little my life has to offer to escape the reality of being permanently disabled for the rest of my life and what that has turned my reality into thanks to a split second that went horribly wrong.

I swear to God, if some of you were gifted a pile of gold you would find a way to climb to the top of it and 🤬 all over it.

But seriously, I'm sorry this thread has inconvenienced you so much. I'm sure you're life is very difficult and I deeply regret adding this momentous hurdle for you to climb over. Your ability to move on after this horrifying curve was thrown your was is an inspiration to us all.

edit: To answer your question, I didn't expect much but I was hoping for answers like the ones II IVORBIGUN II and phhsdiego gave.
 
Its not a Game its a Drug.....and very very Addictive 👍

It will comsume all of my free time and probably keep me up to very silly hours in the early morning , so I can see work being effected aswell.:dunce:

I usually play the Arcade Section for the first few days just to get a feel for the Game and the Handling physics and to take in the New Eye Candy.👍

Then theres the Licence Tests :guilty:........arghhhhhhh :grumpy:......that will cause many hours of Screaming and Yelling at the Televison :sly:.

So Sleepless Nights will be the biggest thing , the second biggest maybe my Neighbours banging on the walls asking me to stop cursing and swearing :sick:
 
No effect whatsoever, apart from maybe a bit of relief when it does launch after waiting all this time. Sure I'll spend time playing it and enjoying it, but to say that it will improve my quality of life...not in my circumstances. Yes I've been disappointed at the delays, but that's all. I would never let such a thing make me depressed or moody, and if I did, I'd probably go and seek some therapy!

However, II IVORBIGUN II, you have my utmost respect man. It must be tough being housebound like that, and in such a case I can absolutely see how the game will have a profound impact. Good on ya' fella' 👍
 
Back