How much will GT5 improve your quality of life?

I so I'm looking to lose myself in this game. Like others, GT5 will let me simulate a lot of my car fantasies.
You make an excellent point.

This is what I love about gaming because for me its a form of escapism from my daily problems. The moment I switch on my PS3/GT5 I will feel like I have a shield around me and nothing else matters.

For me racing online will be the equivalent to popping to the pub with my mates. Love the socialising aspect of online gaming. Plus you actually lose yourself into thinking you really are a racing driver.:)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.:)
 
Hopefully, the release of the game will spare me from seeing so many random threads about what to do when the game comes out.

That will improve my quality of life greatly.

However, it might be lost to the number of "how do I get car such and such?" type threads...
 
Honestly playing a game will do the opposite to improving your quality of life because your not going out and getting excercise. On the other hand if you can not get out for health reasons or you are disabled then it will improve your life a little because you have something to do to pass away the time.

It will improve my eyesight! I've been staring at a little PSP screen for the past year!

Actually it wont help your eyesight in any way what so ever. It will actually make your eyesight get worse with eyestrain and perminant damage to your eyesight which has been scientifically proven.
 
Last edited:
It probably won't improve my life quality. It'll just make boring times less boring until I get fed up with it. It may take long though.
 
for me...it will affect my life negatively. because everything will turn arround gran turismo only and the rest will be minor matter! :D
 
I'm not sure if the game will improve the quality of my life, but this thread has. Really quite moving ,mumbleneedtogomumblegotsomethinginmyeyemumble; (shuffles off).
 
I've been stuck in my house for what seems like forever and as far as I can tell unless the VA can figure out something new to fix me all my life had to offer me was 22 good years and the rest will be spent trying to find what little my life has to offer to escape the reality of being permanently disabled for the rest of my life and what that has turned my reality into thanks to a split second that went horribly wrong.

I swear to God, if some of you were gifted a pile of gold you would find a way to climb to the top of it and 🤬 all over it.

But seriously, I'm sorry this thread has inconvenienced you so much. I'm sure you're life is very difficult and I deeply regret adding this momentous hurdle for you to climb over. Your ability to move on after this horrifying curve was thrown your was is an inspiration to us all.

edit: To answer your question, I didn't expect much but I was hoping for answers like the ones II IVORBIGUN II and phhsdiego gave.

Disregard remarks of some people. At the end of the day, it's your life and whatever it takes to make it feel better even if it happens to be a game, so be it. And I can't think of a better game than GT. It encompasses so much- my interest in cars and racing is partly fulfill by a game that costs as much as filling up a gas tank.

To me it's a sunday morning vice which has been going on since I was a teenager. I love waking up early Sunday morning, going online and race against people from other parts of the world. But most of the time, it's just me, the track and the stopwatch. There was even time when it (sim-racing) had a tangible effect on my life. It definitely helped me when I was racing mountain bike.

I don't know if GT5 will help or hinder my progression as human being. I do know it will not turn me into a murderer :) On a more serious note, being out of work at the moment, my chances (at the moment) of being able to get a copy of GT5 and PS3 is rather slim . But along with the desire to find work, to be able to pay my bills and to be happy, is the drive to get the game. It's not paramount but enough to fuel the fire.
 
its gonna be good to have something to do when i dont work.. since currently i only work 2 days a week coz im starting school very soon
 
My girlfriend is already pissed because I warned her that this game is a very big deal to me. Also my hands are going to be hurting very badly 24 hours after the release. Maybe even a headache! Oh I can't wait!

same here ...this is my only Drug I am an Addict.
 
same here ...this is my only Drug I am an Addict.
LOL Put it this way... I'm a HUGE Call of Duty fan. I play on a higher end PC like any REAL hardcore fps does. My internet explorer even has a COD theme. Since COD I have purchase a ton of real guns including a very nice assault rifle. So when COD black ops came out I was very excited! At the midnight release I drive up to gamestop and no joke there are at least 300 people in line. I thought about it for a second and go screw this I'm just coming back when the store opens. So when I see the manager the next mourning he says he was really suprised that he didn't see me, and he asked about if I would be there for gt5? I looked at him and said, "I WILL be the first in line. I don't care if I have to wait for hours in the freezing cold. I already have a lawn chair in mind and a pint of patron in mind!"
 
well, i'll never be bored at home again!
 
mine will improve....though ill be upset because ill be working full time again since my motorcycle accident...:lol:
 
At the end of the day you're sitting in front a flat panel box moving a fake steering wheel (or plastic controller)....so really were all just waiting to do absolutely nothing.
 
At the end of the day you're sitting in front a flat panel box moving a fake steering wheel (or plastic controller)....so really were all just waiting to do absolutely nothing.

Better then tv....
 
At the end of the day you're sitting in front a flat panel box moving a fake steering wheel (or plastic controller)....so really were all just waiting to do absolutely nothing.
You don't deserve GT5! no but really... you don't
 
Will GT5 improve my quality of life? No, except for ending the part about obsessing about it on GTP and Google News...
 
I'm very happy right now, just recently married and I love the fact that my wife doesn't have a problem with me playing video games, and I will still be able to put a lot of time into GT5. My game purchases will slowdown a lot now, GT5 is all I need. If GT4 were online I'd probably still be playing it, no joke. I get such enjoyment out of tuning, modding, and tinkering with the cars in the GT games, I can spend hours, sometimes days on a single car. I love that, and when we talk about certain cars in the game, I get such a rush and filled with excitement because there's so many cars I just cannot wait to get my hands on. I cant even bring myself to play ANY other games at the moment, and I have some very good games. All I can think about is GT5.
 
Gran Turismo is a big deal to me.
I work hard and I will never be rich, but I am a very content and happy individual.
I love cars. My teenage fascination with cars has not waned one bit.
I will never be able to drive or own my favorite cars, but in Gran Turismo, I get to realistically get behind the wheels of some of my favorite machines and do things I only dream about. I read magazine articles, watch the television shows, follow the racing, but Gran Turismo provides me an opportunity to experience and experiment with cars.
Gran Turismo is my track day.

It is amazing to think how far things have come in the GT series. 10 years ago... to think what GT would become. It is amazing. I also find it fascinating to think about where GT will be in the next 10 years.

The future is coming, and you are exactly right... for those of us unable to afford exotic vehicles, Gran Trusimo gives us a chance to fulfill our fantasies. I'm sure owning a McLaren F1 is a hell of a thing... but we will all almost own one, all we have to do is coming home from a long day of work, boot up the PS3 and take a seat. No need to pay insurance or mechanical bills.

I am very much looking forward to the game. I cant wait to drive the Ring, neck and neck with my friends online.

Delays aside, Kaz has done a great thing with this series.
This game has been his dream, his passion... and we all prescribe to his efforts. All the PD & Sony bashing that is being thrown around the forum is simply a product of anticipation. The delay, the waiting... it pains us each day.

Soon enough, the game will be in our hands.
 
Gran Turismo is a big deal to me. It better come out soon because I'm taking off the entire month of December just to play GT5!

stressed%20smiley.jpg


...I have no life...
 
GT use to be a big deal but now i can't play any version without falling asleep, so if anything i'll be getting a lot of sleep.
 
GT use to be a big deal but now i can't play any version without falling asleep, so if anything i'll be getting a lot of sleep.

Racing games are like sleeping pills to me, they knock me out after a while.
 
It won't improve or hurt my life. Actually I can't see my life being any different with GT5 then without it, the only thing that will change is that instead of playing game X I will be playing GT5 in my free time. To me there is so much more to life then a video game and I would hate to waste it away now driving pretend cars all day and night.

If that's your thing though then who am I to judge that? Have at it!
 
It won't improve or hurt my life. Actually I can't see my life being any different with GT5 then without it, the only thing that will change is that instead of playing game X I will be playing GT5 in my free time. To me there is so much more to life then a video game and I would hate to waste it away now driving pretend cars all day and night.

If that's your thing though then who am I to judge that? Have at it!

Quoted for the truth!
 
I have held off from playing other games and as it turns out at the moment, I don't have much work and most of my projects are complete.

It will however compete with time from watching football, but somehow both will co-exist in my life...
 
It won't improve or hurt my life. Actually I can't see my life being any different with GT5 then without it, the only thing that will change is that instead of playing game X I will be playing GT5 in my free time. To me there is so much more to life then a video game and I would hate to waste it away now driving pretend cars all day and night.

If that's your thing though then who am I to judge that? Have at it!

LOL! Yes, its just another game to you, that's why you have 750 posts in the GT forums! :dopey:
edit: more like 30000 posts (!!!) :D good job!

Well, I've been patiently waiting myself for the time the game is released, managed to keep myself busy with other cool games (black ops, castlevania, vanquish-AWESOME btw) but I expect myself to be nuts when GT is out. I have already prepared my gf for countless days of continuous play.

Doesn't it feel strange that all of our gfs, wives know who Yamauchi is? LOL Mine saw some Japanese guy on the tv and my gf is like: "Yamauchi"! :D
 
LOL! Yes, its just another game to you, that's why you have 750 posts in the GT forums! :dopey:

750 threads, 29,100-ish posts.

GT used to be a big part of my gaming life when I was younger, but as I grew up I lost time to spend on video games. Trust me if I was 15 again I'd be all about GT5, 24/7.
 
More like "How much will GT5 extenuate your quality of life?".
 
no more frustrations of seeing delays...
the peace of mind knowing that the game sitting at home, warm and ready for me to play it...

That's the quality of life it will bring me...


... but of course, it will destroy all remaining social relationships i have thus far,
i will eat drink sleep and piss GT5!

that's quality of life right there
 
Back