How much?

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 37 comments
misteruno1
I have not heard a price for the "One", what is your guess? Mine is no less than $500, this is just a guess.

I have not heard a price for the "One", what is your guess? Mine is no less than $500, this is just a guess.

The prices are 599 € published by Saturn and Amazon.de here in Germany. They are probably place holders.

I think it will be something between 350 - 450 €. It is really hard to say, because the One looks like pretty high quality to me.

I'm guessing $499 to purchase outright and $199 with a monthly subscription of $15, minimum 2-year contract (XBL subscription not included).

I don't know what to make of it but my brother said he saw somewhere that it may be offered as a special deal for $299 but you also had to agree to a 2 year deal for Xbox Live Gold service.

If true that would not be a bad price.

I would expect it to be a bit more than that though

RX-7_FD3S
Did you read the first post at all. Your guess

I think it's going to be between 500 to 600 dollars.

It's a useless topic. Blind guesses aren't worth anything. We might as well pass the time with a farting contest since we're all just sitting around talking out our butts here anyway.

It's a useless topic. Blind guesses aren't worth anything. We might as well pass the time with a farting contest since we're all just sitting around talking out our butts here anyway.

That could be said for anything that we, you speculate about, no?

Point being, this new "One" could have a high list price and a subscription to boot. Microsoft is already treading some pretty thin ice with what could be a pretty unfriendly used game policy as well. You may now resume farting.

499 would be my ceiling, what we don't know is if XBL prices will hike again, of if there will be a new tier.

Also there's a lot of missinformation about the subscription model. People are spreading around that XBL was gonna price hike to 15/mo because of the 15 dollar a month sub pricing, which for the informed, it's just the cost of the console plus the XBL... seems stupid to clarify, but there has been a lot of stupid around lately. There's also the rumor that this subsidized model was cut for some reason.

But at least for me, if the games/service/content justifies the price, I'll pay it gladly. I haven't drank the kool aid yet, but I wanna see what all that cloud computing ends up being... and if that whole dedicated server per game statements are true. But on first impression, even if it wasn't all that solid,seems I'll bite

I'm actually more curious on how much the games will be. $60 is already overpriced for a good chunk of the games out there and if they push it anymore than that I won't be too happy.

The system will probably be $499, anymore than that it's not really worth it.

I'm actually more curious on how much the games will be. $60 is already overpriced for a good chunk of the games out there and if they push it anymore than that I won't be too happy.

The system will probably be $499, anymore than that it's not really worth it.

If they're going to start regulating used game pricing, the least they can do is lower the cost of a new game. The reason Steam works is because the cost of a new game is drastically lower and they actually have decent sales.

The current digital download pricing model for Xbox is broken.

I'm in and it's not that bad considering the PS3 was $600 when it was new. I think $500 is the limit for most people.

Any word on the cheaper one with the 2 year XBL contract? I would totally be all over that its the case.

At $499, I'm going to wait for a price drop. Even if I wait a year, I will still have enough time to play Forza 5 before Forza 6 is released.

$500 isn't that insane, will still wait a little after launch to make sure there aren't any major issues though. Will be pre-ordering the inevitable LE version of FM5 though.:dopey:

Back