How often do you play Gran Turismo? [with Poll]

• Thread starter JoaoSilva
  • 118 comments

How often do you play GT?

• Total voters
My vote was "every other day" but right now... it gotta be "not that often" because......blame PD for that...

And right now I'm playing mainly MGSV TPP and Infamous second son (just for trophy hunting since I finished it a long time ago).

So for the guys who leaved GT forever, what game series you are playing/want to play in the future? Other racing games? Leaved the whole racing game genre? Not playing at all...?...etc

Play this game every day. Even though the career mode isnt the greatest and theirs no course maker I am still addicted to Gt6.

When the seasonals click over, a lot more... now that Forza 6 is about to hit, I'm guessing a lot less.

I don't play GT6 anymore. Decided to quit. What a disappointment in the long run. I'll keep my PS3 to play PS1 games, but I think GT6 will be finding it's way to GameStop this week, along with GTA V on PS4. Trying to find a well-paying job so I can shell out for an XBOX One and FM6. I also have to renew my PS Plus soon for my PS4, and also have to pay for The Crew Wild Run and Need For Speed.
Decisions need to be made, with GT6 and GTAV being the unlucky sacrifices. I used to love GT like a woman loves her shoes and jewelry, but after the disappointment of GT6 and Kaz clearly being trapped in a early-2000ish mindset, it's time to throw in the towel. I may look at GT7 if it's properly good, but for now, my GT days are done...well, except for revisiting the old actually finished GT games.

Last edited:
GT6 is the only video game I play and I play it between 6 and 7 days a week, usually. It's rare that I will miss two days in one week, but it's happened a few times. Having said all of that, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new laptop (they were out of custom parts I requested so it's taking longer than I thought) and once it comes in I will be installing Assetto Corsa immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if PCars finds its way onto that laptop as well.

Once that happens, who knows what my GT6 frequency will be? I'm sure, at least in the beginning of my Assetto Corsa playing, that I will be focused on the new title(s) 100%. GT6 will eventually find its way back into my routine, I hope. I've made good friends via GTPlanet and those people play GT6 exclusively. Although, you never know...I'm sure many people have done what I'm planning on doing and they never find their way back to Gran Turismo. We shall see.

I start GT up only to do the seasonals and see the new updates. Besides, my time zone is different from yours and i can't play in the online events.

Sad to say at this point I no longer play GT. I sold my PS3 along with GT5 and GT6 November 2014. I still have my PS2 and GT4 along with all prior GT games. I have just been slowly growing away from this series. I am hoping something great comes with GT7 but since its already confirmed to have standards, I am still a bit put off. I really do wish Kaz and PD the best with GT and truly hope they can wow with GT7. I have always been a multi console gamer, so if PD can come up with something really amazing with GT7, I would consider a PS4 for sure. :)

Still plays when I got the time, just driving cars, collecting credits, many cars yet to be driven or build. For me, it's all about driving, not just career, seasonal, or online. Drove C63 AMG recently, used BC Racing and Yellow Speed suspension from real life, both are the opposite of the coin in setup, but both drive well with some skillful tuning :)

Then got my hands on RALT RT3 WSR F3 car, used real life setup, and it drives smooth with some lively rear infused to mimic Senna's car when he raced it at Macau :)

Got C8 waiting to be posted as well, buttery smooth at Eiger while still used handling traits from real life reviews. 440+HP, 1700+kg, CS, 1:15s like a boss.

Still plays when I got the time, just driving cars, collecting credits, many cars yet to be driven or build. For me, it's all about driving, not just career, seasonal, or online. Drove C63 AMG recently, used BC Racing and Yellow Speed suspension from real life, both are the opposite of the coin in setup, but both drive well with some skillful tuning :)

Then got my hands on RALT RT3 WSR F3 car, used real life setup, and it drives smooth with some lively rear infused to mimic Senna's car when he raced it at Macau :)

Got C8 waiting to be posted as well, buttery smooth at Eiger while still used handling traits from real life reviews. 440+HP, 1700+kg, CS, 1:15s like a boss.
Hey!! That C63 AMG isn't in your Garage, is it?? I would love to have that setup. So many of my Mercedes cars could use the Ridox treatment. ::hint:: ::hint:: :D

It really depends for me. I have like a bunch of games,but yet I don't know what to play at times. lol
I mostly play GT6,but sometimes I would go to Resident Evil 4 HD or Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD. So I play GT6 every other day.

I still log-in daily as I want to keep my bonus maxxed incase we get an update for VGT at short notice. The last I went to track was the day the SRT Tomahawk group arrived. Didn't like those so it wasn't for much of a drive.

I only play when a new seasonal comes and once I have achieved gold then I give it up until the next seasonal comes out.....but if I don't achieve gold on the first day then I keep trying each day until I do.....then its back on the PS4 for Project Cars......but I do check GTPlanet each day.....

I play here and there, but Gran Turismo used to be good. I still play Gran Turismo 1-4 I feel as if I'm not interested in GT anymore because the updates are coming so slowly. We do not know what they are up to on PD's behalf except that lawsuit. When I get a next gen console I'm going to consider less of GT than I did in the past.

Only when a new update is released, the game has become stale to me :/ Seriously tempted to buy a Xbox One just for Forza 6.

It's a bit sad that I have Gran Turismo 1 to 6, plus the PSP version and even Omega Boost, yet I haven't played GT6 since release date and have no intention of playing GT7 (when it's released in 2020).

I expected that PS4's lack of support for the G27 would ultimately be the reason for that, but in actuality what caused it was how awfully PD has handled the GT series in the recent 10+ years.

I think that if money and current console ownership is out of the question, then there's no reason to play the GT series anymore. Today there are many other games that out-Gran Turismo'd the GT series.

Last edited:
Still playing pretty much every day. It's a flawed game, but the bits it does right it does very right. Imagine if every aspect of GT7 was as good as the best bits...

Now that seasonals are every two weeks instead on every week I only need play about once a month to keep up. After spending the last few weeks on my F1 career I did the new seasonals this weekend. The only thing I could think of was how truly horrible the sounds are, I almost wish I didn't have surround hooked up. What's up with the new events and CS tires...who needs engine roar when you can have so much TIRE SQUEEL :yuck: I am not sure why I keep coming back...habit I suppose :boggled:

After playing GT5 nearly every day from Mar '11 I stopped playing just before GT6 came out. Somehow I never got around to buying GT6 until now, I pick it up tomorrow afternoon. :D

My vote is for "Not that often", though that might need to be given a more solid frequency, because as is, I've loaded up GT6 precisely three times in 2015, for no longer than an hour each time. Woops.

Still play it pretty much every day or whenever I can. Even at 1300+ driving hours and 63,000 miles I haven't even scratched the surface of all the tracks and cars in the game. And thanks to the semi recent time trial seasonal showcasing the Evo and Impreza, I'm currently test driving and comparing the two cars in chronological order. Interesting to see how the cars developed and changed over time.

Last edited:
Back