How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
Italy
Treviglio
PAPPACLART
PAPPALCART
Just wondering how old everyone is here and how long you have been playing GT. I am 27 and have been playing the GT series since 1998, and have owned all the GT games.

I was allot better back then, through GT1 -2 and 3, and probably could show a few of the best on this board a thing or too. I am not as good now, just getting back into my stride. I remeMber with my friends, beers and wacky backy, thumping music, and countless racers and endless lap time sessions lasting all night and till the next morning.

Do not get as much time now, maybe a few hours here and there.

Anyway, I hope there are some other old fogies like me?

I'm 19 (20 in a couple of months). I have played GT since 1998 as well and I own every game in the series, including 'GT4 BMW 1 Series Virtual Drive Dealership'.

I played GT1 earlier today btw! 👍

20 here, almost 21 (woo!) haha. Didn't get into the GT series until GT3 when I got a PS2 when it was released and rented it. I realized how amazing the series was, and have been stuck with Sony ever since. I own GT3, GT4, and GT5p in Japanese and U.S. versions. GT5 will be an obvious preorder when it's available to do so.

I'm 27 and I've been playing Gran Turismo since its inception in 1998. I missed GT3 and GT4 due to not owning a PS2, but I'm back in with a wheel for GT5p and GT5, whenever it decides to launch.

I am 21 and i started playing when GT3 was released. But i was playing GT2 demo on my PS1 a lot!!

I'm 21 (22 in a month) and I've been playing since GT1, but that's the only one I haven't owned... Oh and GT4 Prologue. I think the only game I've been anticipating as much as GT5 was MGS4, I hope GT5 lasts a bit longer though!

Also having owned most of the games, I have to say its annoying that they don't continually build on their roster of cars, I'd absolutely love to have the Espace F1 in GT5.

I am 17 and only started playing gt from when gt4 came out but I loved gt from the beggining because my brother had it and I always wanted to play it but never did and I am a very big fan of gt now and it's by far one of my favourite games that's why I called myself marcogt5 on psn and all the time now on any other thing on the interenet where you make a name.

Not like you, I am just 44 :sly:

EDIT: Started playing GT just in 2003, when I bought my first PS2 "for my kids" :lol:

Jeez, ok, well maybe you take the record. I guess men never actually grow up, our toys just get bigger. hehe

Was checking some of your bikes, nice, so you currently have an XJR? I ride a 97 TL1000S.

I'm 16, and i started on GT1 in 1999/2000(maybe), but i only start playing "for real" in GT4.
I've all GT except the GT4 prologue, because it was just a demo. Now i am addicted on GT5p.(:lol:)

I'm 25, been playing since the day of U.S. release in '98.

I'm not sure how I'll approach GT5 since I'm too busy to put even 20% of the time into it that I put into the past games - saving money, getting 100% completion etc. But based on how fun GT5P is with the DFGT wheel (first time using a wheel in all my GT history), I think I'll make some time. There's always downloaded game saves for $$$ ;-)

I've played GT since the very first day it came out. I traded in my N64 JUST to play GT1. All my friends thought I was nuts for doing so, but then they saw the power of GT :D. I'm 29 going on 50 it feels like sometimes and I own atleast one full version of every release (meaning the only one I don't have is the GT2 demo but o wells). I started with an auto tranny and completed GT1 and thought for a challenge I should do it all again and force myself to use manual (with analog stick too btw!) and up until a few months ago I used the controller. I recall the GTTimes days and still have a #1 time there for like 8 years now or something :sly:

But now that I have a G25 and GT5P, its wheelin' and dealin' time 👍 And I'm offically on sabbatical until GT5 comes out cause tbh, GT5P is boring now.

Jerome

Hi I'm 42, and have been driving this game since it's conception in 1998, And have had every game that has carried the
granturismo.gif
Logo. And with thousands of hours over the past 10 years spent playing i have also gone through many steering wheels.:lol:

Last edited:
Jeez, ok, well maybe you take the record. I guess men never actually grow up, our toys just get bigger. hehe

Was checking some of your bikes, nice, so you currently have an XJR? I ride a 97 TL1000S.

As you may have noticed I don't hold the record here, and to my knowledge neither do the kids one year older than me :D

Currently I have the XJR and I also kept the FJ1200 to this day, I have very good memories from travelling in Europe with that one.

The TL1000S is an awesome bike, keep yourself safe on it 👍

Just wondering how old everyone is here and how long you have been playing GT. I am 27 and have been playing the GT series since 1998, and have owned all the GT games.

I'm 27 and I've been playing Gran Turismo since its inception in 1998. I missed GT3 and GT4 due to not owning a PS2, but I'm back in with a wheel for GT5p and GT5, whenever it decides to launch.

Wow I am also 27, I have been playing GT properly since GT2, I was a Sega GT player that but gave in to Playstation just for GT and never looked back.

I did play alittle GT1 but never owned it.

Yep you are not alone.

im 14, i played, gt1 (very badly) with my very good bro, and then it went to gt2, gt3, but then finaly at gt4 im as good him, and at the mo im the youngest at my skl who really likes and can play gt5p, really looking forward to the full game, i just hope it tops gt4, because tbh, at the mo gt4 is still the best gt out, gt5p is a delicious taste of the game thats gonna take up so much of my life

[Moderator's Note:

"Txt Speek" such as "skl" instead of "school" isn't welcome at :gtplanet:
Please leave it at the door as you come in. ;)
"I", "GT" and each sentence should have capital letters, and "I'm" has both a capital letter & an apostrophe. Please consult our Acceptable Use Policy for further details.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oldest fogie so far. 47 until July. Played and still have each one except the GT4 dealership. Online I'm .....tjger. Usually seen at Suzuka Inter with my blue Viper Tuned. Oh yeah, sorry to all if my snake bumped you.

Back