How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
27 and played gt right 2 gt5 prologue gt4 was the ultimate for me loads of cars and graphics
cant w8 for gt5

[Moderator's Note:

"Txt Speek" such as "w8" instead of "wait" isn't welcome at :gtplanet:
Please leave it at the door as you come in. ;)
"GT" and each sentence should have capital letters, and "can't" has an apostrophe. Please consult our Acceptable Use Policy for further details.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 19 years old, and I remember first renting the original when I was 8 - then later recieving it as a christmas gift for 1998. Back then, the GT games were how I learned about a lot of cars I never knew existed at the time.

I'm 17 and been playing since GT1 but got my first personal when i got ps2 and GT3 :)
Getting a little bored of GT5p now atm so was thinking of doing 100% on GT4 again. Quited after my save was lost, coz i turned of the ps2 when it was saving :/

I'm 9 and nearly 10 and I've played nearly every GT game, I haven't played the prologues except GT5P (I played it at my cousins) and I am still asking dad to get the PS1 and GT1 and GT2 out of the loft.

Last edited:
35 here, didn't catch on to the GT series until the debut of GT3! From there I was hooked for life!

I'm only 12 and have been playing GT since the first one. I got it with my psone and i was obsessed to the bone with it. GT4 was my favourite of them all(as for all GTP'ers). I really dont know from when ive been playing GT but it would be about since 2002 or 2001.

Im 19, been playing since day one.
Ive had every single GT except the BMW Virtual Drive & HD (Although i have looked for them.)

i'm 15. only tried, GT1 and GT2 back in 2000(i think!). when i bye'd my first PS2, i bye'd cus i wanted GT3. i remember that i stayd up all night just because this game. then i got GT4p. i LOVE'd the BMW FINA F1 car. after that.. i got GT4. the game was the best game i had(of 15 games or so..) thanx to mom and dad, i got a Logitec GT pro wheel. 1 year ago i got the Logitec G25 Wheel, and started to Drift. Now today i playing GT5p and it was the first game for my PS3. its so mutch history behind these games that i don't know anymore. GOD im gonna play GT until i die!!...

32, first played GT1 in uni on flatmates PS, probably about the time when it first came out. I eventually got a PS2 of my own (big silver one) with GT1, 2, 3, and 4, then traded that for a 360, now I have a PS3 too and playing GT5P, waiting for the full fat GT5.

19 and been playing since the release of GT3.

Last edited:
I'm 23, and I've been playing since 97 December 26. My dad originally got that game for himself which was Japanese or Chinese version? ( Not sure cause it was in hieroglyphs) illegal version in Europe. At that time I didn't care much about cars themselves, but slowly the game grew on me and now I'm cannot get enough of it. Btw playing it right now. Gt5 that is.

Hi.
I'm 44 and i am getting better the older i get !
Have had all of the GT series but only started using a wheel when GT4 came out....thats when the obsessive compulsive behaviour begun...GT5P has pushed me over the edge

I'm 25 and I have been playing GT since the release of GT3. I'd played the first two as well but really got in Gran Turismo after getting my own PS2 and then it started...............
I've played GT5P which has spurred me on to get a PS3 when I have the money to. The plan is to buy a PS3 near to the GT5 official release. :)

I'am 50, been playing Gran Turismo from the start, Like fine wine we both get better with age. :)

lol 17 and bought GT2 probably about 6 months after it first came out I just remember playing that on my original PlayStation. Lol I was playing it a wee while ago and realized how bad the game is compared to the latest installment.

Edit:
SVX
I'm 9 and nearly 10 and I've played nearly every GT game,I haven't played the prologues except GT5P (I played it at my cousins)and I am still asking dad to get the PS1 and GT1 and GT2 out of the loft.

Lol Que? you aren't even old enough to have played the first one...

I'm 20 (geez!) and I've been playing Gran Turismo since 1998. My dad bought it for himself so he could secretly play it each night... but I soon discovered it. He began teaching me how to brake before corners and sticking to the racing line. A year later, with much practice… I was teaching him how to drive :lol:.

I'm 15, and I have been playing GT1 since it first came out. I was around 6 when I first played GT1 and I absolutely loved it! Since then, I have went out and got every GT game the day they've come out. Absolutely loving the Gran Turismo series and I always will. :)

There are seven people so far in this thread who are older than I am and a1PAPAOSA is not one of them. ;)

I got GT5P as a bundle when I bough a PS3 in October and it was the first time I ran into one of the GT games.

I'm 22 and playing GT since 1998 with my family (Mostly arcade en multiplayer with the standard unlocked circuits and cars).
Later (2001) I got myself a PS one with GT2, and later GT1.
I bought a PS2, PS3 and PSP just for the GT series :) (I do play other games, but GT is the main raison)

I didn't finish a 'main' series game for 100% though.
GT1 about 80%, GT2 about 87%, GT3 99.8 % (Time trial on Complex String, aaaaargh) and GT4 about 64% (after that I got back at playing GT3).
GT concept, GT4P and GT5P however are all at 100%

Just because I don't have GT5 OR a PS3 doesn't mean I can't comment here :sly:
I'm 16, and I've been playing Gran Turismo since I got my PS1. I have played GT2 and currently GT4 in my PS2 :D

My first GT car was this:

images
Nissan Skyline GTS

It was actually in GT1 but this was all i could find. Got me a long way though. Bought it in nissan used car showroom and it led the road to getting over 100 not for sale race cars in GT1.

I'm 16, and I think I'm an oddity in this thread in that my first GT game was GT4, and I didn't start playing until under two years ago.

I did play racing games for quite some time when I was a lot younger, mostly NFS on the PC (II SE, III HP, Porsche Unleashed, etc.). Those weren't the most realistic games, of course, but it did introduce me to the more realistic aspect of racing games. I was introduced to GT4 in a very strange way: my sister decided she wanted to play Dance Dance Revolution at home, which required having a PS2, and after I briefly joined a couple of my (more distant) friends in playing GT4 (very poorly!) at their house, my dad surprised me by buying GT4 for me at the same time as DDR, even though I didn't request it.

I only played in Arcade Mode for quite some time until I figured out what was going on in GT Mode. I blitzed my way through in typical noob fashion, stopping at some high completion percentage after getting stuck on the Speedster and 206 races and Missions 23 and 34, at which point I played Burnout for a while. I reached 100% when I got back to GT4 and joined GTP to figure out how to beat those races. Then I got into OLR competitions, 200 A-Spec point racing, etc., and am still playing a lot. It helps that I don't have a PS3 for GT5P, I guess, although I would sure like to! But for now, I love GT4; despite its flaws, it's still an amazingly fun game.

Hey, all. Checking in at the still wet behind the ears age of 44. I began the GT journey waiting for GT2000 to come out. It became GT3 and I became adicted.

b

i am 35, played gt from the begining. All other games have been car related including EPR,RBR,Colin Mcrae,toca,driver,f1 and dabbled in stuff like Fight Nite and Time Crisis in the early days. Now only have time for GT5p as nothin better out there at the moment!

I just turned 33 and I've been playing since 1998.

Funnily enough, I used to be a Nintendo fan, until in 1998 my roommate flunked out of college, though his parents were filthy rich and he was a drug addict... the moment he flunked out, his parents cut all his income and I ended up offering him $200 for his PSX with about 150 games, 6 controllers, steering wheel and pedals and a bunch of other stuff... best 200 bucks ever spent on so much.

I've played/owned GT1, GT2, GT3, GTConcept 2002 Tokyo/Geneva, GT4:Prologue, GT4, GT5:Prologue and Tourist Trophy. Oh, and I've owned both NTSC and PAL versions of all games... not a lot of people can say that :sly:

Latest Posts

Back