How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
Wow so many people and so many mixed ages, I might be one of the youngest I'm 16 and been playing since I was 8 starting with gt3

23 years old, Been playing seriously since GT3 when me and a friend went "virtual half-sies" on a dark-teal Miata we made an all-rounder drift/track car. I can still remember drifting that thing around Seattle bored out of my skull after school. 👍

Started with his copy of GT3 and his memory-card, my PS2 & DS3 and a crappy 18" TV in my basement, now using my own PS3 & Game(s), a 32" 1080p HDTV hooked up with Logitech speakers with additional 10-inch sub-woofer (dem V8's), operating with a DFGT & controller, card-table and 'spinny' computer-desk chair.

It works, would love to upgrade the whole 'rig' but waiting until I'm a home-owner to do that.

This was my first post I made in this thread some time last year, thought I'd update it.

Now I'm deep-in age 24 and closing-in on 25, running the same equipment as before, but now doing it in my own home :D

Still waiting to make that 'upgrade' though, houses aren't cheap and I don't get to play as often as I used to :indiff:

Well, hit 56 this September, & started with the original PS & GT1. I think there are still 2 copies of most in the series. I did loan the 2nd copy of GT6 to the kid next door. My old 80 gig fat died so I really didn't need 2 copies.
Have managed to corrupt lots of nieces & nephews, both my kids, & now my grandsons with the game. I drag a console to family holiday gatherings, & turn the kids loose. Some of those "kids" are in their 30's now:)

29 and since I was 15 or so. GT3 was my first. I don't play a lot though, compared to most people here.

I'm 38 and i'm playing since gt1 and still...
All because of this.

And the music of this game is better than many of todays games with super wow intro music.

Holy **** I played this on my dad's 386. The amiga version was way better though...

Probably posted in the past but just turned 43 and been playing since GT3. Getting faster with age, so far so good anyway. Got into the top 1000 for the first time recently and was stoked.

I'm 39 and have played Gran Turismo since 98. I remember when GT3 was released, I actually dumped my girlfriend at the time due to her nagging and constant 'its just a stupid game' type comments. She was hot too!

Well, I`m 15 years old. I have been playing Gran Turismo since I`m 5 years old. In 2005, my dad bought a PS2 with GT4. After the first 5 hours of GT4 gaming, I was flashed. For me as a car lover (yup, got obsessed in cars at a very early point of age), it was the most awesome game I could imagine. I was flashed. So, after several years of GT4 gaming, I got better and better. Then, my dad bought GT3. Baws game. I played it with my dad for quite some time, I remember the time when we finally got the Escudo. Those were the best times I had in GT3. Then in 2007, my dad quitted PS2 gaming and started PC gaming, which meant that he handed the PS2 over to me. I kept on playing GT, had some great memories. In 2009, I got myself a PSP along with GTPSP. A few months later, I bought me GT 2002 Concept. I loved the Pod Race there. ;) When I heard that GT5 comes out in 2010, I begged my parents over and over again to finally buy me PS3 with GT5. And on my birthday in 2012, I FINALLY got the PS3. With GT5. ;) I was so happy (haha). Some of my freinds who also had a PS3, bought GT5 too. We all had a blast while playing online. I also got cool new friends on GT5. But I still tried to tune my driving skills with turning off all the driving aid`s (except for ABS). At Christmas 2013, I got GT6. I started making tunes for my cars in GT6, which kind of made me a better driver. Since I make setups for my cars, I`m constantly under the best 100s in the GT6 seasonal events. My best result in a GT6 seasonal event was a 75th place in the SSR5 Mazda RX-7 time trail. Also had some great online experiences there, I remember when I won my first race against pro`S with wheels. I was like "Yeah yeah yeah!" haha.

So, that`s how I got into playing GT. 👍

Cheers! :gtpflag::gtplanet:

31 and playing gt series since the first one.
I remember first car I picked was the Supra.

my first racing game ever was the F1 Spirit by Konami for the MSX computer.
one of the best racing games I ever played.

no sure if the MSX computer was popular here in the US.

Last edited:
Only 13, but I've been playing GT since 2004 at 3 years old. GT3 was my first game. I remember sitting next to my dad and choosing the PT Cruiser as our first car (not a great choice :lol:). Since then I've grown enough to be able to play these myself, and I'll keep playing for as long as PD keeps churning out new GTs.

I am 25 years old. Playing GT since 1998.

GT series played: GT, GT2, GT3 A-spec, GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva, GT4, GT5 (but not the prologue) and the current, GT6.

I am 19 years old.
First GT I played was GT2 when I was around 4-5. I can't remember if I ever played GT1 when I was younger though (Have played and completed it now).
GT's I own:
GT1, GT2 (PAL and NTSC), GT Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, GT3: A-Spec, GT4, GTHD, GT5 Prologue, GT5 and GT6.

26 now.. I've been playing Gran Turismo since 2001
I've played GT1, GT2, GT5P, GT5, GT6.
Didn't get to play too much of GT3/GT4.

I am 16, my first Gran Turismos was both 1 and 2 on the PS1 (I was around 3 at the time). I later got 3 and 4 for my birthday, the same year of their releases. I then got GT5 Signature Edition in 2010, and got the 15th Anniversary GT6 when it came out :P
The only other Gran Turismo title I have is Tokyo-Geneva 2001...gotta love the 10,000,000cr free for GT3 :cheers:

My favourite all-time would probably be 4, it was a large game, which actually took time to complete (as in I finished it earlier this year, almost 10 years :eek:), unlike GT6 which took me a month to finish all the licenses and stars -_-

Only 13, but I've been playing GT since 2004 at 3 years old. GT3 was my first game. I remember sitting next to my dad and choosing the PT Cruiser as our first car (not a great choice :lol:). Since then I've grown enough to be able to play these myself, and I'll keep playing for as long as PD keeps churning out new GTs.
AHA I DID THE SAME THING!! Got mine in silver, and immediately regretted it because it was a 🤬 car! Good thing I got Tokyo-Geneva and 10,000,000cr so I got an Esperante and Escudo as my newer cars :sly:

14 and ever since I was 3 back in December 2003. Started with GT1, then GT2. Then got a PS2 in late 2005 and got GT4. I played GT3 like 2 years later haha. Don't ask. Then got GT5 when I got the PS3 in December 2011. (Had Xbox since 2008) Then I got GT6 on December 6th the day it was released and I`m ending it on Decemeber 25th this year because I`m moving onto Xbox this Christmas. 2003 - 2014

I'm 18, been playing GT since GT3 when I was 4 years old. Played GT3, GT4, GT5P, GT5, and now GT6. My favorite is a tie between GT4 and GT5. I played GT4 right up until 2010, it was great. Though GT3 is where I got my love for racing games and cars. It was one of the first games I ever had (along with Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy). I played through each one of them recently before I had to stow away the PS2 to make room for the PS3 after getting the PS4, and what a nostalgia trip that was.

Back