**How Old R GT racers??**

• Thread starter alex_gt
  • 114 comments
See if the Older ones are slower.....
Course us younger Boy Racers will woop their asses

As a member of the upper 1/3 of the age bracket here, I resent that :lol:

I s'pose the biggest difference is, we get to drive fast in our *own* cars.

if only our "wives" would let us...

Alright - I guess nothing changes. You are young and sponging off your parents, you aren't allowed to do any of the fun stuff.... you get older, get married (or atleast she considers you married) and you still aren't allowed to do the fun stuff.

<sigh> I wanna go back to being 18 again, spongin' off my folks and not having to spend my own money.

:lol:

42 and second oldest. :eek:
Been playing since GT2 and m 44 percent done in the GT3 game.
Your never too old to play video games. :D
Misnblu

Yes yes im 19 and I have all the games in the GT series been playing the Japanese one in 1997.

Oh hold on Im knackered im going to bed

D@mn, some of u are old people that play GT3, I wish u would live near me, to have someone to race with, cuz honeslty, either nobody plays or the suck terribly... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
D@mn, some of u are old people that play GT3, I wish u would live near me, to have someone to race with, cuz honeslty, either nobody plays or the suck terribly... :rolleyes:

Gotta remember though, just cause a guy's old, he still may suck terribly. :-)

Check out the Japanese SS race series in the Short Races forum.

Rick

Originally posted by alexy2k
Wow what a wIcKeD response....:splat:

I never new that so many age groups could be :gt: Racers....

We'll have to compare lap times for each age group....:lol:

See if the Older ones are slower.....
Course us younger Boy Racers will woop their asses :car::gcar:

Nice one guys, no matter what age you are you can still enjoy a :cheers: and play :gt: .

As for you young pups being faster...refer to my earlier post (# 40) in this thread... 😈

I wish I had ppl to play GT3 with... my best friend is the only person I know in my entire school who plays, and he isn't addicted at all (he's had it for at least a year longer than me, and yet he hasn't even reached the amateur league yet. :rolleyes: He's a Final Fantasy/Counterstrike type guy...)

Heh I only have about 3 people to compete seriously against, and im still better than all of them. Hey maybe someone should gather a few of the people on the forums from there country and have a race meeting. I think that would be cool, mind you it would be mostly from England and America.

u know what... i think since none of us have addicted players to play then we should write off to sony and say we want a young pups vs old farts tournement in europe and overnight acomodation in the hilton hotel and they should clear a whole cinema link up all the screens and we have a screen each and battle it out... *then i woke up*

Originally posted by SteveP
Hey got ya all beat so far 37.

Hey, SteveP, we're buddies. I'm 37 too and in fact have only owned a gaming console for about 2 months. GT3 is my first experience with it besides some kids games.

Age and experience can overcome youth and fast reactions. Unfortunately I am only done about 6% of GT3 so you can pretty much count me out... :rolleyes:

36 I play GT3 with my son, he's 9.

His driving is pretty ragged but getting there.

I've just completed the beginner level, golding every series except the final 10 race series which still has a silver or two in it.

i think i'm about 18% or something after 3 weeks..... but i have to fight for the PS2 against my son, my flatmate and my girlfriend who like Airblade / SSX / Tekken and.... Friends!

Originally posted by slip2rock
36 I play GT3 with my son, he's 9.
His driving is pretty ragged but getting there.

Heh, when I play during the day my daughter, age 6, likes to have a go. I set her up in something with an automatic trans and off she zooms.

She'll be working her way around the course, and suddenly say "I think it's donut time!" and proceed to rip off a few huge, loopy burnouts. After she completes 1 lap it's a riot to watch her ghosty car zipping back and forth, up and down, all over the track diagram. Occasionally it will pass her going the other way, too, which is a bit startling.

im juste 13 and i like this game ( GT3 ) but i liked more ( TOKYO EXTREME RACER ZERO ) because you con modify everthing even the extrior and run on highways all you have to is in the back of the car put the high beam and you will race and you can even change the turbo boost PSI :D

Originally posted by neon_duke
Hey, SteveP, we're buddies. I'm 37 too and in fact have only owned a gaming console for about 2 months. GT3 is my first experience with it besides some kids games.
Welcome to the world of Sony and Gran Turismo... prepare to have absolutely no life for as long as you own these. :P

Originally posted by neon_duke
Age and experience can overcome youth and fast reactions. Unfortunately I am only done about 6% of GT3 so you can pretty much count me out... :rolleyes:
LOL! :smilewink Sorry, couldn't help it... 6%? Does that mean you've finished one race? :lol:

Letting a 6-year old play GT3? Trying to ruin her social life early on, huh? ;)

Originally posted by Nazgul29
47 (almost)
52% into GT3
Only got 3 super licenses so far. Seattle reverse especially is one I'm miles away from.
That one is the hardest!! When you finish your run. update your ghost, then try to stay ahead of it. Also, watch the demo and pay close attention to when it uses the brakes, when it coasts, etc. don't give up. You need the super license to beat the "Like the Wind" race to get the Mazda 787B. One truly awsome ride.

35 here soon to be 36 bought the PS2 so my son could play Crazy Taxi. Bought the GT3 game pack for the value. Son doesn't play anymore and I started playing GT3 in earnest 2 months ago. 4.9% complete. Don't get to play a lot but this game rocks.

Originally posted by MttFrdrksn
35 here soon to be 36 bought the PS2 so my son could play Crazy Taxi. Bought the GT3 game pack for the value. Son doesn't play anymore and I started playing GT3 in earnest 2 months ago. 4.9% complete. Don't get to play a lot but this game rocks.
Welcome to you too! ;)

(Geezes, I feel like the welcoming commitee...)

LOL... Crazy Taxi doesn't have enough depth... good arcade game, bad console game.

Originally posted by mindless_dude
im juste 13 and i like this game ( GT3 ) but i liked more ( TOKYO EXTREME RACER ZERO ) because you con modify everthing even the extrior and run on highways all you have to is in the back of the car put the high beam and you will race and you can even change the turbo boost PSI :D

I got Tokyo Extreme Racer and a wheel to use with it. Haven't played GT3 for more than half an hour the past week, been doing TX0 instead.

Rick

Back