How stingy are you with your credits?

• Thread starter RedVission
  • 75 comments
RedVission
Sadly I have a job and family commitments that allow me to only play this game for maximum of 2 hours a day if I’m lucky.

I got the game at launch and I’ve barely just managed to save 1,000,000 credits and with the current economy it feels like I need to be super stingy when upgrading cars and buying cars.

The cafe does award you many cars for free but what’s the fun in that? GT has always been about selling filler cars and stocking your garage full of the cars you want.

How are you guys managing this?

So far I have only bought 1 car from the UCD, the S2000. I can say I'm quite stingy with my money, only buying Sport Softs and suspension upgrades. Maybe that's why I almost always end up in 3rd place lol

Stingy with my credits? I never have any to spend. I can't keep up with anything in the game - used car dealership, legendary cars. I just did a mission with a 30 lap race of Tsukuba, and would quite like to be able to buy and upgrade some more cars to see if I can get closer to the top time on my friends list, but I can't afford any of the cars I'd like to try. So what am I supposed to do, grind some boring race over and over again just to be able to buy and upgrade one of the many cars I'd like to try for that mission? The mission, of course, gives you almost no credits, because why would an interesting 30 lap race taking over 30 minutes with variable weather, and tyre wear and fuel usage give you credits?

Very! In daily races I'm just using what I have at the moment. Waiting to see how things pan out as I suspect there will eventually be a few meta cars that work well on the majority of circuits.

I did win 1,000,000Cr in roulette yesterday, so that helped pad the old bank account a bit.

the credit economy in this game flairs my anxiety, everything to this point has been gift cars and minor sport upgrades to help finish cafe missions

I have so far bought every car that’s been available, the Super Bee being the only exception. I just got the F1, already continuing the hustle for the 917K.

I have not spent a single penny on mtx. I did have a week off which I used for no-life farming before the nerf, but currently I’m sick at home. It’s like the gods are telling me to farm it out.

It helps that I enjoy rallies, so grinding them isn't SUCH a dreadful task for me.

Also I bought all the rally cars early, rotating them keeps the rally races fresh to some degree.

I'm still carrying on like I did before, it just takes me longer to get the credits now.

The biggest impact on my game right now is I can no longer afford to buy cars "for fun". Before I would see some Gr.3 car for example and say to myself "I wonder what this car is like, let me just grind a few races and give it a try". I now can no longer afford to do that. Seems like I'm just grinding away for legendary cars or meta cars. The credit reduction has kind of taken the "fun" out of buying cars. Again, it helps that I like the rally races and have the cars to keep things entertaining there, but it's still not the same anymore. I don't know how long I have it in me to keep going to get these ridiculously priced legendaries. After getting the Sauber C9 I might dial it back and only go for the cheaper legendaries and try to purchase some more Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars to enjoy.

I'm pretty much buying every car available from the used car dealer. With only 1-2 cars changing per day, and some of those already won from events, grinding for those is bearable.
Apart from that I'll only focus on cars that I may need for Sports mode, and that's it. Or if there's an occasional cheaper car in the legendary cars such as the Corvette for 160k.

So far I mistakenly bought a 65 Mini because I forgot you win one. I also bought some upgrades for one of the cars I got for the license test but that's it. I don't get to play often so I haven't really had the chance to save up money. I think the only thing I would try to get right now if it shows up is the MR2. So right now I plan on just using whatever cars I get from the license tests and menu books. I think the only thing I will have to buy is the Toyota Tundra.

I was in an online lobby and they were driving F1 / Indy cars. I was watching them and it looked fun!

So says I, I'm off to buy it and will BRB. I go out, buy the car for 1m and return online only to see the room has gone, just disappeared in a puff of smoke!

That was a waste of 1m. Since then I have tightened the reigns a bit. I'm saving everything so I can have a shot at a 787b when I get the chance.

I'm stingy enough with my credits that I actually regret buying a couple cars and tossing widebodies on them at the beginning. On the plus side it was pretty damn fun and satisfying. Also I won a bunch of races and raised my DR to A somehow.

And did it all without VGTs.

Last edited:
Not stingy at all, looking at my stats right now:

Spent on cars: 1,7mm
Spent on customization: 216k
Spent on tuning: 3,5mm
Car collection progress 20%

I spend what I get, so I have spent about 10 million so far. First I am collecting all free cars, did the menus and licences, most of the missions done. Also spent a wee bit on tires.
I look what is available and decide how far my budget goes. Try to mix big ticket and small ticket purchases. Fortunately very few cars are must have, so most of them are for fun or collecting.

63 Hours of driving time

Earnt 36 Million CR

Bought 40 Cars

Driven just under 8,000 Miles since launch

Spent 4.4 Million CR on tuning

Currently have 3.1 Million CR waiting for my next purchase .

So far I only bought four cars, that was a Viper 13' because its my favorite car, the Subaru WRX Group 3, a dodge Viper Group 4 for Gr4 races, and the Sauber Mercedes C9. Tuned some of the cars I won through the menus.

Grinded about 8 millions, spent 3 on the C9, 2 on tuning and the other cars I bought, have 3 left which I am going to save for the Nissan R92 when it pops up. I hope it wont be more expensive than then Sauber C9.

Right now I have little interest in grinding so I'm gonna keep my bucks and wait for the R92.

I guess I'm kinda stingy...
120+ hours in and I have 134+ cars, only purchased 56 (15 are MX-5s; working on Spec/Cup racing);
Had the $1.5 mil 25th Anniversary bonus; spent $4.6 mil on cars, $300K on customization, $3.6 mil on tuning

Total Credits acquired $11.4 mil (no microtransactions)

Very. I try to do as much as possible without clapping cars out and/or buying cars. I realized the glory of stock cars in sport.

I'm pretty much buying every car available from the used car dealer. With only 1-2 cars changing per day, and some of those already won from events, grinding for those is bearable.
Apart from that I'll only focus on cars that I may need for Sports mode, and that's it. Or if there's an occasional cheaper car in the legendary cars such as the Corvette for 160k.
^ Same.

According to "My Page" of the GT7 site:

Cars Bought

Credits Spent on Cars
Cr. 8,542,770

Credits Spent on Customization
Cr. 109,420

Credits Spent on Tuning
Cr. 2,117,500

A lot of that was before the patch, though. Didn't grind much at all (did the High Speed Gr4 maybe 6-7 times). Wish I had more now. Going to be a lot more frugal going forward.

So I'm doing the wtc700 championship in the campaign and I've finished IB license with all gold and the game tells me I've earned around 4million in total, spent 2.6 on cars and about 1 on tuning parts, and sitting on ~400k. (I didn't farm cr. at all, just repeated races and licenses until I finished first or got gold - playtime ~35h)

Last edited:
I focus on the cars that will pay off the most (literally) so I have a couple of GT3's and GT4's

I usually spend on transmissions, suspensions, diffs, and tires (usually RS). That will allow for me to get into only races to earn credits, and it's usually good enough to win single player races to earn credits.

A good Gr. B car is necessary for the Fisherman's rally to earn quick credits for upgrades

Yes. 53 hours in and only 8 cars bought

Credits Spent on Cars Cr. 1,221,450
Credits Spent on Customization Cr. 73,550
Credits Spent on Tuning Cr. 1,143,540
Car Collection Progress 19%

I have so far bought every car that’s been available, the Super Bee being the only exception. I just got the F1, already continuing the hustle for the 917K.

I have not spent a single penny on mtx. I did have a week off which I used for no-life farming before the nerf, but currently I’m sick at home. It’s like the gods are telling me to farm it out.
ive bought eveyone from the used car dealer but the superbee also and of course two days after i received a hellcat swap and have no where to use it until i see that or the charger

I depends :lol:

Cars Bought : 4
Credits Spent on Cars : Cr. 3,092,450
Credits Spent on Customization : Cr. 36,500
Credits Spent on Tuning : Cr. 967,100
Car Collection Progress19%

I bought 3 cars while doing the café (could have managed with 1 or 2) and spoiled me with a Porsche 919 after getting a 500k ticket prize.

Now I am keeping everything.

Total Credits Acquired : Cr. 5,373,200
Days Logged In : 17
Photos Taken : 17
Play Time : 37:07:23

Back