How the Megane Trophy just ruined GR4 for me...

• Thread starter Bruunz
  • 65 comments
I will always refuse to use a FWD Car as a Racecar if possible... Even if i am slower than those who just folow the mainstream and ruining the fun of the game with it.
There is so many Cars in this Game and still 50% always use the same Mainstream Cars. Arent we Car enthusiast that like some Cars and some not so much and there fore would like to win with our Favorit Cars and not with the ugly but fast once?
I dont know. I will never understand this behavior.
For Example i am 90% of the Time in naturally aspirated V8 Cars with RWD. Others maybe only drive japanese Cars. And others just drive the top qualifier cars :(.

I agree with you. I prefer to use either the Alfa 4C or Caymen GT4 for Gr4 races. I know I'm not good enough to win, even if I followed the herd, so I stick to cars that are light and handle well at low to medium speed.

Don't see the issue here. It seems to fit the general idea of the class. Not like it's actually any good.

You think a 1000hp, 2 tonne 4wd hypercar, detuned to around 400hp, fits in a class that at its basis represents the GT4 category, aka light weight race cars of around 11-1200 kgs, rear wd, 3-400 hp?

You think a 1000hp, 2 tonne 4wd hypercar, detuned to around 400hp, fits in a class that at its basis represents the GT4 category, aka light weight race cars of around 11-1200 kgs, rear wd, 3-400 hp?
Considering that Gr.4 is a fictional category and that the Veyron still closely resembles it's production version (minus the necessary power drop) like most of the other cars in the class, sure.

Something like the Megane Trophy? Not so much.

Yes.

Months racing with Huracan gr4, till last week when I choose to run the megane in brands hatch and improved 1 second 3 laps later
I've beat the new Meganes a couple of times in my Huracan. Very satisfying.
I say leave the Trophy alone, and make my Huracan the same weight.

Hopefully one thing that comes from the Manufacturers Championship competition will be a ton of Data from across the ranks of the very top racers in the game that PD can analyze and use to better balance the BoP within the class so a racer can then use just about any car in the class and be competitive.

As long as the BoP is just a general class balance and the same settings applied across all circuits and not applied independently to each car for each individual circuit you will always have some tracks favor some cars and never have a true class balance on each individual circuit.

it just doesn't belong in Group 4, it's so different, the aero grip is crazy, it's in a no mans land. You'd to SERIOUSLY bump the weight to bring it inline with other cars pace wise and even then it's just weird the way it drives, GT43 is meant to be improved production not serious race car.

The solution here is to buff some of the other Gr.4 cars, or move the Trophy to GR3. The Trophy is a blast in the twistys, but lacks top speed.

Considering the Veyron is arguably the most unbalance of the bunch (and the fact pd didnt create a gr3 version, so its not usable in the manufacturer championship), i dont think so. Whereas the megane trophy is an actual car that was used in real life gt4 races, it fits much more in the category, as it falls in line with the cayman gt4, m4 gt4, vantage gt4, amg sls gt4, gt86 gt4, etc.

In the next BOP update, I wouldn't be surprised if they added weight to the Megane Trophy and all the meta-players will abandon it like they did with the BMW and regular Megane.

I'm waiting for everyone to abandon it so I can start driving it lol.

It's already slow on the straights, if they add weight and don't improve the power (because it may still be OP then if they do) then it will become useless. They do need to sort it's fuel economy a bit as well, that is too good.

Unless they just do the sensible thing and move it out of Gr4 of course.

It's already slow on the straights, if they add weight and don't improve the power (because it may still be OP then if they do) then it will become useless. They do need to sort it's fuel economy a bit as well, that is too good.

Unless they just do the sensible thing and move it out of Gr4 of course.

I actually think the sensible thing is to take out some other cars from the group, such as the veyron, megane rs, and bop the rest some more.

Last night on the Ring daily race these cars were just AWFUL. They were so fast through the corners that it caused multiple crashes per race because they'd invariably hit you up the rear if they were just tussling with another Megane and then they are in the way on the straights.

Horrible, wish this car was never in the game, it's butchered the formulae.

Here's what I anticipate is gonna happen:

- Megane Trophy gets nerfed in the next update.
- The update either introduces a new car that's dominant in Gr.4, or one of the previous cars becomes dominant.
- New thread for said dominant car.

Here's what I anticipate is gonna happen:

- Megane Trophy gets nerfed in the next update.
- The update either introduces a new car that's dominant in Gr.4, or one of the previous cars becomes dominant.
- New thread for said dominant car.

The Lancer will be way overused once the Megane is no longer top dog unless the BOP is improved by quite a bit, a lot of the Gr.4 cars are not good.

After sampling all but the "OyVey"ron and the Citroen, I feel they all have strengths and weaknesses. That's the way it should be.

In my hands, I'm getting the best out of each car the more I learn them. I'm also competitive with the Gr. 4 cars. I've been an S/S, B/C rating and enjoyed using all those cars. It's more how each player chooses to learn the cars. Not just do what everyone else is by using a supposedly Dominant car.

Some players need to drive half speed first.

“Exterior modifications are kept to a minimum, with relatively simple aerodynamic parts. The power is modest, and so are the weight reductions.”

I hate to say it, but I think this car belongs in Gr.X for now.

Anyway, it needs a small weight increase and fuel nerf.

Unfortunately, the sad truth is that GR4 is very badly balanced. PD included GT4, TC and a few VLN SP classes. While, indeed, if you watch VLN races they have similar lap times, 4wd, rear wheel and front wheel drive have VERY different tire wear and it makes them not competitive. And let's not forget thte fact that they also included the Veyron as a "gr4" :))). That being said, I would consider the Megane Trophy as one of the few proper cars for Gr4, as in reality it was also used in GT4 spec races.

Gr4 unbalanced? It's the most balanced class. the fact half of the people on this thread say they have beaten the trophy proves it's not OP . I seriously doubt every dude in the top 10 have tried every single GR4 car to boot.

I also did encounter like 4-5 Meganes on a daily race weeks ago on Brands Hatch and managed to beat them on a McLaren.

I do agree that it's OP right now and so far, whenever I see a grid full of Meganes, it's automatic McLaren for me. The amount of power and handling is enough for me to stand a chance against the OP Megane.
What time did you get on brands with the mclaren?

The biggest issue arent the slightly OP cars, its the sheep who choose whatever the Top10 chose.
Instead of trying out different cars, thy just jump on the meta train and divebomb their way through the dailies.

It's also funny how european leaderboards look totally different to the asian ones...
I don't have time to test many cars so I just try to choose the top ten car that most appeals and try to be competitive. Today on Brands the Megane trophy was a no brainer. Some cars I feel like if only it could be tuned a little, the gearing, the LSD, the suspension. The Megane is perfect.

“Exterior modifications are kept to a minimum, with relatively simple aerodynamic parts. The power is modest, and so are the weight reductions.”

I hate to say it, but I think this car belongs in Gr.X for now.

Anyway, it needs a small weight increase and fuel nerf.

PD's "Groups" explanation is biting them in the ass. That is because they included a lot of GT4 cars in Gr4 (which would make sense, as Gr3 is mostly GT3). Trouble is, quite a few GT4 real life cars, like the Megane Trophy and the X-Bow GT4, have -extensive- visual (and aero) modifications, but still adhere to the weight/power/aero limits of GT4.

Daily Race B yesterday. Top 10 filled with the Megane Trophy so i decided to give it a go.

OMG WOW! What a car! This car does everything you want it to do apart going fast in a straight line. Not only does it do everything but it feels so good to drive. The grip, the responsiveness is just subliminal.

I think i'm going to be disappointed going back to my usual repertoire of GR4 cars now.

But i also think this isn't a GR4 car. It's too good and doesn't have a the production car feel like the others.
It feels like a baby GR2 car. It has way to much aero grip compared to its competitors.

Thoughts?
Make it a Gr.X car , like it was supposed to be.

One good solution is to implement seasons in the sport mode and make you choose one car for each category to race the entire season, just like the FIA Manufacturer Series.

That way you cant choose the best car for every track.

This car was absolutely ridiculous at Brands last night. brands is the perfect track to show the disparity this thing represents, with it's off camber corners, long corners, short straights etc. Not only is it FAR more stable than other Group 4 cars through the corners, it was considerably faster and chewed less fuel and tyres.

I tried other cars but was a full 1.5 seconds per lap faster int he Megane, had no choice but to use it because i was being owned. I even managed to avoid a pit stop, so was using fuel map 3 and STILL i was faster than almost every other car except the other Megane's.

Ridiculous. It's gotta go.

Back