How to delete GT7 progress

• Thread starter Foofer37
  • 60 comments

Foofer37

(Banned)
United States
United States
Hi, can't for the life of me figure out how to start the game over, deleting all my progress. Start from scratch. I deleted the local game save as well as the cloud save. Launch the game, boom. Continues exactly where I left off. I also deleted the game, did all this again, restarted the console. Boom. Remembers all my progress. Any ideas? Thanks

You can't, thanks to online saves that you can't touch. Switching to another PSN profile is the only way currently.

Hopefully they add a reset option at some point otherwise nobody is going to be able to start over years down the line like you always would with the old games.

You can't, thanks to online saves that you can't touch. Switching to another PSN profile is the only way currently.

Hopefully they add a reset option at some point otherwise nobody is going to be able to start over years down the line like you always would with the old games.
Hmm. That's dumb to be honest. I accidentally started the game on my son's profile, so now he never can really progress from scratch. Anyway, thanks

Yeah. I was forced to refund mine cuz of this. 😭 Can't even play. Sony gave the bright idea of waiting for the next update. Ugh. Crashed during buying my car. Can't progress.

Don't know if this is relevant, but when I reinstalled GTS after not running it for several months, I got a message on startup that there was 'old cloud saves' available and asked if I wanted to use them or start over. I chose the latter and was able to start clean. Did you try uninstalling and new install on GT7?

Don't know if this is relevant, but when I reinstalled GTS after not running it for several months, I got a message on startup that there was 'old cloud saves' available and asked if I wanted to use them or start over. I chose the latter and was able to start clean. Did you try uninstalling and new install on GT7?
I did. No luck. thanks

Hmm. That's dumb to be honest. I accidentally started the game on my son's profile, so now he never can really progress from scratch. Anyway, thanks
yeah man my game is stuck on menu book 6 and its glitched now im stuck cant progress such bs

If you have a cafe menu open and cannot press start or do anything try going back to the world circuits and see if there is one with a yellow mark on it... Do that race again. It happened to me a couple of times after disconnections

He cant even enter no garage, There is no option to choose.

Attachments

• 539D31BA-B943-4B0E-9CA4-EC40A0B85B58.jpeg
    539D31BA-B943-4B0E-9CA4-EC40A0B85B58.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 159
PROBLEM FIXED!! There is a new update 1.06 today and my friend finally can play. I hope fix your problems too.

edit: no need to format console or any of this, just update.

Last edited:
Now I am stuck at a race needs national A license
Which I got before,
I can't get it now.. nor the center is available..
Just 20000 cr and my cars are there

I hate to say it, but I think SONY / Polyphony gave us a beta version of the game. They said it themselves during February's State of Play presentation that features would be added via updates.

I didn't think much of anything about it at the time, but the ability to start over whenever you want without much of a hassle has always been the most vital part of a game's replay value. To take that away would merit disastrous consequences a couple of years down the line. Call me crazy now, but eventually when people start wanting to do speedruns and "GT7 but I can only use ____" challenges, they're gonna start asking questions. The honeymoon phase for any video game always wears out with time, no matter how good said game is.

Some of us saw this issue within the first few days of release. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only guy who's first time playing a game is mainly getting a feel for the controls, settings, gameplay mechanics, and features, so I know what to expect when starting my official playthrough later. If I had known GT7 would remember all of my experimental choices even if I deleted my save, I would have planned things out from the start before putting the game in for the first time.

However, I don't think that this is a glitch or permanent choice for how the game is played. It's well known by now that the game's riddled with bugs and glitches, some of which can only be worked around by deleting your local save file and downloading it back from the cloud. I believe they intentionally put this mechanic in place as a means of having a temporary workaround for some of the game-breaking glitches present at launch, though I'm not yet sure why they didn't model the cloud save system like in GT Sport, where you could choose between downloading an old save and starting a new game.

Either way, I've elected to not play this game until it's been completed, or at least until I can start a non-experimental playthrough of the game. To pass the time and better prepare myself for an official playthrough, as well as brush some dust off four consoles I haven't touched since buying my PS5, I'll be playing each of the previous games in order of release.

I have to pile on this thread too. I belive my save file online for GT& is corrupted. GT7 crashes my PS4 now every time I go into the license tests and then progressed to the missions page and now crashes when I try to buy a car. I initialized my PS4 and re-installed GT7 (deleted all saves too). Still crashes and of course doesn't reset progress. Crashes happened after 1.06 update. All the other stuff in the game still works though. Logged in and started GT7 with another account on same PS4 and no crashing going into license tests.

UPDATE After the new 1.08 (3/18/22) update the issues I was having are resolved and no new issues so far.

Last edited:
You can simply delete the saved data off console and cloud. Boom, fresh save

That won't work. I done the same with GT Sport today. The last time I played GT Sport was two weeks ago when I had a PS4 Slim and I reinstalled GT Sport this morning on the PS4 Pro I got four days ago and it asked me if I wanted to use the cloud save or start new. I chose to start a new career. I had GT7 on my PS4 Slim too and when I installed GT7 on my PS4 Pro there was no option to start fresh.

I hate to say it, but I think SONY / Polyphony gave us a beta version of the game. They said it themselves during February's State of Play presentation that features would be added via updates.

I believe they intentionally put this mechanic in place as a means of having a temporary workaround for some of the game-breaking glitches present at launch, though I'm not yet sure why they didn't model the cloud save system like in GT Sport, where you could choose between downloading an old save and starting a new game.
They said they have it like this to stop people from cheating.

This is at the bottom on the "known issues" release.

View attachment 1121391
I have a file which is giving me issues and the game will not start other than mini music event which I entered while loading ! I have a GT7 (PS5) file in the Console storage and and following the instruction above I can remove it. However, as soon as I go back to start the game the same mini music event is all that is available. On returning to Console storage (as above) the same file has re-appeared. Wow, so frustrated what with the long installation time and having taken it off/re-installed a couple of times already.

Don't think so. Just did some digging, and found this: 
Screenshot 2022-03-16 080706.png

Perhaps I was wrong about this being a glitch. I still, however, think that this is bound to change, albeit eventually. Nobody's gonna go through the effort of making a new PSN, which requires a new email and new phone number (and even a new credit card if you want the DLC), just to start a new playthrough months down the line. Polyphony has to notice this sooner or later...

........right?

Nobody's gonna go through the effort of making a new PSN, which requires a new email and new phone number (and even a new credit card if you want the DLC), just to start a new playthrough months down the line.
You don't need any of that - not even a "new" email address if you use GMail.

It's about a 60-second process, and plenty of people already have dozens of accounts from GT Sport.

I certainly hope they eventually change this.
They won't.

My GT7 crashes at the third race of the sunday cup, i can not go further... i have the 25th edition op disc, it cost me 99 euro's :-(

The strange thing is that GT Sport plays wel on my PS4 Slim but when i installed and play on my Playstation 5 it crashes also!?

Last edited:
Back