How to delete GT7 progress

• Thread starter Foofer37
  • 60 comments
You don't need any of that - not even a "new" email address if you use GMail.

It's about a 60-second process, and plenty of people already have dozens of accounts from GT Sport.

They won't.
Can you explain.

I want to start with a clean slate… my kids and I have been using my account so I can teach them how to play.

I now want to start afresh and will also want to do online races with my PSN account. My PSN is linked to a gmail.

What exactly is the 60 second process?

Thanks

If they don't change this, then it's areal shame, part of my enjoyment of playing these games is trying new ways to achieve a goal faster after seeing how the game works. One thing i love to do is try and win without buying a single car (or get as far as i can in the game).

Now it looks just a duff game !

What exactly is the 60 second process?
You... create a new PlayStation Network account:

It takes about 60 seconds to do it, even including setting all the privacy settings.

You'll need a different email address than the one you used for the first account (each account is linked to a single email address), but with GMail you can just put full stops anywhere in the name to create a new address which goes to the same account - for example you can put a full stop in mynamehere@gmail.com to make my.namehere@gmail.com and it'll count as a new address but go to the same inbox.

You... create a new PlayStation Network account:

It takes about 60 seconds to do it, even including setting all the privacy settings.

You'll need a different email address than the one you used for the first account (each account is linked to a single email address), but with GMail you can just put full stops anywhere in the name to create a new address which goes to the same account - for example you can put a full stop in mynamehere@gmail.com to make my.namehere@gmail.com and it'll count as a new address but go to the same inbox.
Well you learn something new every day!

And will I be able to play online then? Or do I need to cough up £50 again?

I am guessing that my "nickname" becomes my online user ID anyway so I can set it as I please.

Well you learn something new every day!

And will I be able to play online then? Or do I need to cough up £50 again?

I am guessing that my "nickname" becomes my online user ID anyway so I can set it as I please.
As long as one account on the console has PS Plus, all accounts on the console have access to online multiplayer.

This is super frustrating, bought the game, got to the point i unlocked sport mode and couldnt join a lobby. Restarted my game to be locked inside the Music Rally menu with broadcast mode on. meaning i cannot get out of it because i cant disable broadcast mode, and im literally stuck in that screen. restarting the game only brings me back to the same menu. AGH!

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 59

It's about a 60-second process, and plenty of people already have dozens of accounts from GT Sport.

They won't.

Ok. But those who bought the anniversary version can use the thousand grants only once. That SUCKS! By restarting from scratch one could have the money back to use more wisely after learning the game. Image GTA 5. If they had that bright idea, nobody would become billionaires without restarting from the scratch to get the phone missions and speculation right..

They won't.
Then this is serious fraud! I've payed for 25th anniversary edition something around 100 EUR and now I am not able to play it?!?!?! I am stuck! Needless to say I am furious!!!

This is THE LAST TIME I have payed for GT 😡🤬
Shameless greedy bastards! They have sold us game in some beta state and now Kaz is writing apologies letters! You know what Kaz, go and %$#!!!!

Attachments

• 20220323_204300_resize_resize.jpg
    20220323_204300_resize_resize.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220323_204320_resize_resize.jpg
    20220323_204320_resize_resize.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220323_204358_resize_resize.jpg
    20220323_204358_resize_resize.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220323_204406_resize_resize.jpg
    20220323_204406_resize_resize.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220323_204414_resize_resize.jpg
    20220323_204414_resize_resize.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 48
Posting after the 1.09 update. The upadte does not fix the progression glitch. Ggs ploy guess I'm playing elden ring now

Well you have just made me very happy

Great advice. Thanks a lot
Hi both , just a thought wouldn’t it be great if GT7 could give a test drive of a car before you buy

As long as one account on the console has PS Plus, all accounts on the console have access to online multiplayer.
Do you need to enable console sharing and offline play option and also the restore licences options in the main ps+ account user and accounts settings

As I don’t know if I do that will it copy all my licences and progress from my first gt7 pan game account. Hope that makes sense

Last edited:
Is there any update on when they will fix this?
I have a 2nd profile myself but my kids have both got into GT7 and done everything on Easy mode. My daughter now wants to redo it all in hard mode (she is a natural much to my son's anguish!) and I would rather not clutter up the PS with more profiles.

Is there any update on when they will fix this?
I have a 2nd profile myself but my kids have both got into GT7 and done everything on Easy mode. My daughter now wants to redo it all in hard mode (she is a natural much to my son's anguish!) and I would rather not clutter up the PS with more profiles.
I made a second profile too, tbh I managed to get to menu 39 in a 3rd of the time. Lessons learnt. Is that most gift cars can win progressive races at stock with better tyres and adjusting assist and controller setting, unless you get a snail in the gift car card. Therefore no need too much waste credits on cars That you will only use for one menu.

In answer to dilemma good sir, you may end up having to create more profiles sadly. On the bright side, you can use one profile as a car testing ground such that if you see a car you like buy it there and test it. If it turns out to be awful then you don’t buy it in your 2nd or 3rd profile. For those that big up the huarya then sadly it’s an awful car. There are many good cars on gt7 but that isn’t one of them

You can find me on Gt7 as ‘The Last Jedi_MD’ and can share video or tips bud

On the bright side, you can use one profile as a car testing ground such that if you see a car you like buy it there and test it. If it turns out to be awful then you don’t buy it in your 2nd or 3rd profile. For those that big up the huarya then sadly it’s an awful car. There are many good cars on gt7 but that isn’t one of them

You can find me on Gt7 as ‘The Last Jedi_MD’ and can share video or tips bud
That makes a lot of sense. Great idea and putting those hours of work to good use! Thanks

That makes a lot of sense. Great idea and putting those hours of work to good use! Thanks
Thanks bud. I am hoping polyphony will introduce seasonal challenges as that’s where in gt6 you got the big bucks and extra gift cars. ATM I have all licences but there doesn’t seem to be any need above National A ? Unless I am missing something. I hope they bring more menu books as many like me have been through them twice lol

1.5 years later and we’re still waiting for that “future update”… 🙄
I dont think they said they wanted the players to enable to delete their progress.
This is said here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/manual/save/01#

Instead I understand the linked image to be an answer to a different issue where deleting the local savegame file was supposed to the the temporary fix, so whatever the issue was, it propably actually is fixed.

I dont think they said they wanted the players to enable to delete their progress.
This is said here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/manual/save/01#

Instead I understand the linked image to be an answer to a different issue where deleting the local savegame file was supposed to the the temporary fix, so whatever the issue was, it propably actually is fixed.
Well, that's disappointing. Tbh, the option "If you'd like to start playing again from the beginning, you'll need to create a new account for PlayStation™Network" is just making things unnecessarily cumbersome for users. Same as Sony's idiotic idea to force you to create a new account to enable a second controller on your PS. Who comes up with these ideas? And who approves them to be implemented? I wonder how bloated the PSN database is with mostly unused "fake" accounts, because things like this force users to create many additional accounts just for simple things that could be solved much smarter. Anyway, I know my ranting will not change anything. Thanks for clarifying anyway! 🤷‍♂️

Same as Sony's idiotic idea to force you to create a new account to enable a second controller on your PS.

What do you mean by this?? I have two separate controllers that I use all the time (and will likely have a third when the earth colours controllers drop!)

What do you mean by this?? I have two separate controllers that I use all the time (and will likely have a third when the earth colours controllers drop!)
I guess this refers to when you want to play with a friend who doesnt yet have an own PSN account or doesnt want to download the login profile ,or when there is no "reason" to register an account because playing as a "guest" would be sufficient for the game.

I'm just sad because i payed 99EUR for this Game and bought also a Logitech G29... and GT7 doesn't allow me to delete game progress... I don't have any words left except this is the last time for me i bought a PlayStation and Gran Turismo... i will switch to another driving sim on PC

Thank you greedy bastards I don't wish you anything good for assaulting us gamers who were supporting you... good luck on your next releases

I'm just sad because i payed 99EUR for this Game and bought also a Logitech G29... and GT7 doesn't allow me to delete game progress... I don't have any words left except this is the last time for me i bought a PlayStation and Gran Turismo... i will switch to another driving sim on PC

Thank you greedy bastards I don't wish you anything good for assaulting us gamers who were supporting you... good luck on your next releases
Just out of morbid curiosity, why is this the dealbreaker, and what makes it "greedy"?

You can start over on a second account.

If you're not Happy, then you might be Greedy.

[/7dwarfs joke]

This post right here is dedication :lol:

IMG_1055.jpeg

Back