How to drift in GT 2

• Thread starter Ryuga
  • 2 comments
GT2 isn't particularly made for drifting, but try to use lower gripping tires at the rear, or use Simulation/Control tires, those have the lowest grip.

I was drifting pretty decent with cars known for drifting like sylvia's, but i swear anytime i changed like even 1 number on the tuning, it just wouldn't drift anymore
Imo I don't recommend the tire strategy overall affect on car performance was noticeably negative for me but I'm not a good driver

Drifting is gonna slow u down a lot, the one tune I do recommend is the TCS.

For a silvia13 I'd run around 13-17 depending on how long corners are on the track. It does cut ur drift short, but also its a noticeable speed gain.

Again, I'm a noob so grain of salt here.

Edit: I don't recommend handbrake except for sharply steering an MR car, that's the only time it seemed useful forage me, instead turn away, and then inward quickly to initiate ur drift. Handbrake is a slowed method than that anyways and will ****ing tank ur speed,. I used racing slicks np but try hard or maybe even lower if that doesn't give desired effect.

1 more thing, I coukd only successfully drift with about 300-400 HP. Anything over that was uncontrollable for me

Last edited:
Back