How to Easily Make Plenty of Credits in Forza Horizon 4

I'm saving up for the 10mil credit castle and I've got about 8mil credits saved up. However, that's what worries me so much. Absolute rubbish loots. I'm thinking of rather buying few Ferraris, Lambos & McLarens instead.

It sucks that you can't go inside these homes like you could in TDU or GTA V. I currently have the two free homes you get for starting the game and having the VIP pack. I also have the home that enables fast travel as well as the home enables skill song. Other than that I think the other homes are pointless and I too would ratger spend the credits on cars.

Other than that I think the other homes are pointless and I too would ratger spend the credits on cars.
It's true, they are pointless. But the two castles also gave you unique cars (and what cars! I love them both). The Edinburgh Castle also have this unique feature.... which I won't tell since it's a massive spoiler. Also pointless for the gameplay..:P
And one more thing. Switching between houses make the start a little bit different each time. But maybe it's just me.

It's true, they are pointless. But the two castles also gave you unique cars (and what cars! I love them both). The Edinburgh Castle also have this unique feature.... which I won't tell since it's a massive spoiler. Also pointless for the gameplay..:P
And one more thing. Switching between houses make the start a little bit different each time. But maybe it's just me.
Is there a way to switch your house other than when you first buy one?

Wow, I guess I'm more blind than my eye doctor tells me :lol::banghead:
It's ok. I had the exact same issue just last night. Although, that was just because I was laying down and had covered the very bottom portion of the screen lol.

If only that were true for me. My first 60 levels or so got me absolute crap with almost every single wheel spin. They've been picking up lately though. There was a point of about 20 levels or so just netting me clothing and emotes.
I would have said the same thing around level 40 or 50, but now I'm around 100, and I've gotten around 105 cars gifted one way or another.

I would have said the same thing around level 40 or 50, but now I'm around 100, and I've gotten around 105 cars gifted one way or another.
My recent 15-20 have been pretty good, so it does seem it picks up. It was infuriating at one point though.

I wouldn't recommend the Aventador regardless since it has only a speed bonus perk. Both drift bonus cars (M6 FE, R500 FE) and both skill boost cars (205 FE and R5 Turbo FE) have 7x multipliers. Those are much better. Also some cars from the Bond Pack have 7x multi.

I have plenty of those cars but for example the R500 FE is absolute garbage when it comes down to handling. The 205 FE is not that easy either and twitchy. The Aventador however is extremely easy and predictable to use. When I blast through the world in that car I end up gaining skills faster than when I’m struggling with that R500 FE to keep it from spinning around.

I’m not saying the Aventador FE is THE best car, it is however an awesome overall car to use, it can speed, it can do off-road, it can do every Forzathon challenge including drifting on all surfaces.

I have tried AWD swaps on both the Vulcan FE and Zonda FE but my initial (untuned) impressions are not that great. I’m thinking of making one of them a rally/dirt setup though (platform and tires), something that is not possible on the Aventador FE.

2 other cars I have my eye on for overall usage are the Hoonigan Ford Focus RS RX and Hoonicorn. I noticed a few days ago there are a couple of legendary cars that don’t “waste” 3 of those 16 skill perks on wheelspins and/or cash so they give more permanent bonuses (including these two cars). Both can climb to a 7x skill multiplier as well and they don’t have the crappy handing of the R500 and T16. Having a great handling car is far more useful than having a crappy one with an FE bonus IMO.

Now I haven’t tried to AWD swap the R500 yet (don’t know if it’s possible) but no way this thing will ever feel as good and easy to use as a Lamborghini. The BMW M6 no doubt has much better handling but sadly that’s one of the 6 FE cars I don’t have yet.

Nertheless, with all houses and castles now unlocked I don’t really have a direct goal yet for my cash, I don’t want to start buying missing cars just yet. So credits are of lesser importance now (and thus so are skill points) and I will just focus on the usual fun stuff.

I have plenty of those cars but for example the R500 FE is absolute garbage when it comes down to handling. The 205 FE is not that easy either and twitchy. The Aventador however is extremely easy and predictable to use. When I blast through the world in that car I end up gaining skills faster than when I’m struggling with that R500 FE to keep it from spinning around.
AWD swap with rally suspension really makes it extremely easy to handle for pure points.
Now I haven’t tried to AWD swap the R500 yet (don’t know if it’s possible) but no way this thing will ever feel as good and easy to use as a Lamborghini. The BMW M6 no doubt has much better handling but sadly that’s one of the 6 FE cars I don’t have yet.
Didn't notice you already noted that, but I feel it really does. The perk for the R500 is much more useful really.

AWD swap with rally suspension really makes it extremely easy to handle for pure points.

Didn't notice you already noted that, but I feel it really does. The perk for the R500 is much more useful really.

I agree for blasting through stuff the drift perk is the best. If AWD swap + rally on the R500 is indeed great then I’ll give that a try, thanks for the tip! :)

I agree for blasting through stuff the drift perk is the best. If AWD swap + rally on the R500 is indeed great then I’ll give that a try, thanks for the tip! :)
To put into context, I was using that setup for the Airport area and filling it up pretty fast. I dont know how it it'll work on actual roads :lol:

To put into context, I was using that setup for the Airport area and filling it up pretty fast. I dont know how it it'll work on actual roads :lol:
I just saw the R500 doesn’t even have a multiplier increase so it’s max. 5. The BMW has 7 I think though. The Aventador can go to 6.

Anyway take the Hoonigan RS RX and the R500 FE for example. With these personalised skill trees per car I don’t believe that FE cars are per default the best to farm again. Compare the screenshots below and see how the R500 wastes 2 slots on wheelspins and one on credits, not the case for the RS RX. On top of that the really strong effects (build chains 3 times as fast, up to 7 multiplier etc are on the Focus but not on the Caterham). I don’t know how much exactly the drift Skills are increased but when I quickly compare both cars at a glance, the bonuses on the Focus seem to be hugely better than on the Caterham, I think even to the point that a legendary non FE car with a strong skill tree becomes better than a FE car with a weaker skill tree.

I have all 15 of my FE cars completely maxed now on skill trees, I will take that RS RX next and see how the car feels compared to the Aventador. The handling of the RS RX I sure like a lot since that was my main car in FH3 since Blizzard Mountain and still into Hot Wheels. ;)

In the end it all depends on the play style though. With my Aventador I farm the airport, I farm the quarry, I farm the windmills and I farm the tree stump area with the lumberjack skill. Just to have a change of pace and not get bored of the same place. For fun factor the wind mill area wins though. :) But I also do Forzathons with it, they are great to farm skills while doing the event and get some 3 stars as well. I do believe the ultimate best car for overall Forzathon is not the same as the ultimate hardcore farming car. Don Joewon Song claimed that BMW M6 is the best farming car and best done on the airport, second best choice is the Hoonicorn (which I think has the same skill tree as the RS RX). He’s probably right though, top guy in fast analysing how stuff like this works, and he’s been playing in closed access a lot too.

10717C89-FB58-4AF8-B095-5B1F53DA97C3.jpeg
366D8007-BF24-4705-97FE-206440B6624F.jpeg

Last edited:
I just saw the R500 doesn’t even have a multiplier increase so it’s max. 5. The BMW has 7 I think though. The Aventador can go to 6.
Ah that's very unfortunate! I didn't even check because I didn't have enough to upgrade it fully yet, but I think I'll shelve that one too if that's the case.

I just saw the R500 doesn’t even have a multiplier increase so it’s max. 5.
I should really double check my info. Not only the R500 doesn't have any multiplier... but the 205 too. :embarrassed:
So the M6 is the only car with drift skill boost that have the 7x (since the Merc also lack the multi perk). Don't know about the Capri (also a skill boost) since that is the only FE car I don't have. The Renault 5 does have the 7x. I double checked that!
I do wonder one thing... Why on Earth the developers decided to put an 8x multiplier on the Peel!

I should really double check my info. Not only the R500 doesn't have any multiplier... but the 205 too. :embarrassed:
So the M6 is the only car with drift skill boost that have the 7x (since the Merc also lack the multi perk). Don't know about the Capri (also a skill boost) since that is the only FE car I don't have. The Renault 5 does have the 7x. I double checked that!
I do wonder one thing... Why on Earth the developers decided to put an 8x multiplier on the Peel!

Probably. :) Again, Don Joewon Song said the M6 FE is the best for pure farming and the runner up is the Hoonicorn. I'm sure he has investigated all the perk trees of all the FE cars and all the interesting legendary cars. :)

I didn't have the time to fully experiment with this subject yesterday (damn Assassins Creed Odyssey is awesome as well and partially keeps me away from FH4) but I did manage to accumulate enough skill points from 2 Forzathons and a little bit of skill song grinding (with the Aventador FE :P) to get the Focus RS RX to have all perks unlocked apart from the 25-cost one to not break a chain, I still gotta get that one since I'm a destroyer of great skill chains with my over-the-top nutcase behavior. :P It's also still in the stock tune for now but damn that multiplier to build chains 3 times as fast (and to 7) is really great, my Aventador doesn't have that I think, only twice as fast IIRC. But the thing is, for pure farming it's actually not that great since you get to 7 really quick but then stay there a while to gather more points before cashing in. So in a way it's also a useless perk similar to the wheelspins (again, for pure farming intentions). However, for Forzathons where you don't just farm but also participate in the events and drive around I think this is really great. I think that Focus RS RX further tuned towards X-class can be a Forzathon beast. Whatever tune you give it (street, dirt, drift) it will excel at all off road events and skill point events. Its only Forzathon weakness I can think about is probably high velocity speed zones & speed traps. You can decide to swap to a hypercar for these (meh) or simply just do them with the Focus anyway (for lazy me). :)

I just checked in-game and the Hoonicorn and Focus RS RX have the exact same skill perk tree. Don Joewon song probably perfers the Hoonicorn since he likes the car so much and it's faster than the Focus. I never played with the Hoonicorn that much to be honest since it was introduced in FH3 so late in the game's lifespan (even after Hot Wheels IIRC), the Focus RS RX came much earlier with Blizzard Mountain. In the end just for looks and gameplay I prefer the Focus, I enjoy watching rallycross IRL too. :) But I will give the Hoonicorn a try too once I have it fully upgraded.

HOONICORN.jpg

Probably. :) Again, Don Joewon Song said the M6 FE is the best for pure farming and the runner up is the Hoonicorn. I'm sure he has investigated all the perk trees of all the FE cars and all the interesting legendary cars. :)
Yeah. I have the same best results with the M6 FE on the Airfield. But i do agree that you don't need any FE car to farm skill points and you can definitely farm skills all over the map. I also just love the Focus RX too.. I was just trying to point out the fastest method for farming credits, I guess.

Yeah. I have the same best results with the M6 FE on the Airfield. But i do agree that you don't need any FE car to farm skill points and you can definitely farm skills all over the map. I also just love the Focus RX too.. I was just trying to point out the fastest method for farming credits, I guess.
That's a relief because these aren't easy ways to make money for people who haven't obtained these cars via wheelspins or bidding in the AH.

That's a relief because these aren't easy ways to make money for people who haven't obtained these cars via wheelspins or bidding in the AH.

I think even if you start with no loyalty cars, no VIP, no car pass, the absolutely bare bone minimum content of the game, after a week of playing and enjoying the normal stuff (races etc) you will no doubt have gained a car from wheelspins that is capable of farming skill points efficiently. You can basically AWD swap any legendary modern supercar / hypercar / track toy / extreme track toy, upgrade it to S2 or X and turn it into a great skill point farming machine. It might not be the best one, but it sure will be a great one.

About the cars to farm, after trying a maxed Focus RS RX I went back to good old Aventador FE for farming (casual farming since I don't really do it that much, most of the time just during skill songs). Even though the Focus has a better perk tree, it just lacks the sheer brutal power of the Aventador. :) I blame the absolutely underwhelming upgrade tree of the Focus though, you can only down-swap the engine back into A-class and change the tyres so there is no way to get it above it's baseline 600 BHP. Meanwhile my X-class Aventador has 1863 HP... Even for a Forzathon the Focus is underwhelming, the Aventador is better in about everything. I'm now working on the Hoonicorn though to upgrade that one, not really my favorite car but it should be better than the Aventador.

Edit - the plot has thickened ;)

6F8FCCC4-520A-49AC-9C5D-D235A8863E55.jpeg

Last edited:
The Ridge Cross Country Circuit, I just finished a 50 lap race at this circuit and receives 496,000 cr and about 143,000 influence points. So far I have dine this race 3 times after getting to level 9 of the Cross Country Series. For this race I used a fully modified [S1 |839] 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor. I also had the unlocked the entire skill tree for this truck with the exception of the "Extra Life" perk. My advice for anyone who plans on doing this race is to use a "Legendary" vehicle with 16 skill tree perks for additional earning. Now it's time for me to reach level 20 of the Dirt Racing Series and for this I am going to use either the Renault 5 Turbo Forza Edition or Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Forza Edition.

I'm considering doing 50 laps of Goliath for credits and XP, but I'm afraid the 7 or so hours it'll probably take will leave me burned out on ever playing FH4 again by the end, haha.
It's the AI cars with unfeasible levels of grip and speed that discourage me from trying it out.

[EDIT] Apparently some people were starting co-op races, driving over the start line and then quitting to win the race in 30 seconds but it looks like they've patched that out of the game now.

Last edited:

Earlier today I tried this race and made 913,000 cr and enough Influence points to have 16 wheel spins. I used a S1[900] Lamborghini Reventón FE with average difficulty level drivatar, automatic shifting and rewind. I will try this race again on different difficulty levels but here's some food for thought. I used the Reventón FE for the credits boost. During this race I got a lot of Clean Race skill points and Speed skill points as well. If you guys try out this race, please post your results.

Another method is to farm skill points and then unlock the wheelspin and credit perks for the cars in your garage. Im trying to unlock all the wheelspin and credit perks on all the cars I have. So far I've gotten up to Porsche and I started from Abarth. Ive gained about 15 million alone from the 550-600 free wheelspins I've unlocked and another 8-10 million from credit perks unlocked.

Another method is to farm skill points and then unlock the wheelspin and credit perks for the cars in your garage. Im trying to unlock all the wheelspin and credit perks on all the cars I have. So far I've gotten up to Porsche and I started from Abarth. Ive gained about 15 million alone from the 550-600 free wheelspins I've unlocked and another 8-10 million from credit perks unlocked.

That's what I've been doing too. Renault 5 FE with maxed skills and bounce around the beach. It's very doable while watching telly on the side, and gets you lots of stuff.

Latest Posts

Back