How to get correct colour accuracy for GT Sport and tv ?

FastFurious77

Premium
England
England
So does anyone know how we can get the most accurate colours for HDR Game mode? And what settings would PD use?

I have a 2017 LG OLED55B7V tv but I'm not sure where to set the colour, tint, colour temperature, colour gamut, dynamic colour and dynamic contrast?
Also my black level is set to high.

Last edited:
Not saying this is accurate or ideal, just what I have been using (2017 LG 65 OLED B6).

GT Sport settings:

Exposure 1.0 EV
Saturation 100
HDR Peak Brightness 5

(You could bump up exposure if you find things dark, I would do that rather than change the brightness setting below).

LG Settings:

Eye comfort mode OFF
HDR Game User
OLED Light 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Sharpness 10
Colour 60
Colour temperature C10

(I think the most important here would be brightness, you could maybe go up 1-2 points depending on room lighting and preference, just dont overcook it. The other is colour temperature. I prefer a cooler, blueish hue that tones down reds so use C10 in many games. Horizon Zero Dawn comes to mind as one that is overly red saturated on the LG with a warmer temperature).

Dynamic conntrast OFF
Dynamic colour OFF
Prefered Colour (all 0)
Colour gamut NORMAL
Gamma MEDIUM

Noise reduction OFF
MPEG noise reduction OFF
Black level LOW
Real cinema OFF
Motion eye care OFF
TruMotion OFF

Everything else at default value/setting.

(The black level low is a contentious one, apparently, depending on the HDR implementation of the game. You can get crushed blacks depending on how you have other settings, but this seems to work OK for the LG).

Hope that helps - I might play with settings at some point and see if I can suggest anything else!

Ok. Thankyou for sharing your settings with me. I'll try them out. Here is what i have been using. I didn't set the in game exposure higher as i find when you take photos the photo ends up looking darker once you take it. But there is probably a way to fix this.

I didn't like the default in game saturation setting too high because on the tracks, the green grass and trees looked unrealistic and cartoon like. So i have 70 which is max i can go. I like more lighter natural looking colours when it comes to trees and grass.

So i set the preferred colours for skin, grass, sky. With the dynamic settings for contrast and colour on high, the colours of the trees and grass still look more natural but with the dynamic HDR pop that makes them look real. Nurb looks amazing with these settings.

I have been trying to make the car paints look more like the real life accurate colours. I messed with the colour tint but have now set it back to G0, it was at G15. This seems to change the tone of the red greens and blues. I can't decide whether this helps make the colours more accurate or not really.

I have black level at high for brighter look but i know it could introduce black crush. Don't know whether really need super resolution on but it is. My colour temp is in between warm and cold on C5 not far below your C10 setting.

Dynamic Contrast, Dynamic Colour are set to high but every thing really pops with this setting especially when racing on the track. I don't know if the car colours will look more or less accurate with these settings on or off.

GT Sport settings:

Exposure 0.0 EV
Saturation 70
HDR Peak Brightness 10

LG settings:

Eye comfort mode OFF
HDR Game User
OLED Light 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Sharpness 20
Colour 75
Colour temperature C5

Dynamic conntrast HIGH
Dynamic colour HIGH
Prefered Colour (SKIN 4, GRASS -5, SKY 5
Colour gamut WIDE
Gamma MEDIUM
SUPER RESOLUTION HIGH

Noise reduction OFF
MPEG noise reduction OFF
Black level HIGH
Real cinema OFF
Motion eye care OFF
TruMotion OFF

Last edited:
Oh my with. The interior of the F40 looks amazing with these settings. So much detail I can see the stitching and the suave texturing on the steering wheel and the dashboard. It's incredible. I might have turned up the exposure to 1.0 like you used. Might have to turn raise the negative value of the preferred greens though because the trees look very light and bright and sometimes you can to the point the lower res textures of the leaves on tree shows more but otherwise it looks amazing on Monza. Especially with the dynamic contrast and colour turned to high and super resolution on High. Now it feels like true HDR 4K.

I have an older plasma tv. I'm not a tweakaholic but I did mess with some basic tv picture settings and found that turning sharpness to zero really smoothed out the picture.

*shrugs*

I have an older plasma tv. I'm not a tweakaholic but I did mess with some basic tv picture settings and found that turning sharpness to zero really smoothed out the picture.

*shrugs*

Sharpness should always be off/0 (50 on some TVs like my Sony TV) on a HDTV, its not needed at all and just introduces artifacts/halos/ringing to the image.

All picture processing should be off also when gaming as it just adds lag

Really? How?
Because it takes the TV a few extra milliseconds to add more processing to the image. It doesn't make the game system itself lag more, but it increases the delay between the time the game system sends its image to the TV and the time the TV actually displays the image.

Most TVs today from quality manufacturers can manage a delay of 20 to 35 milliseconds between receiving an image and displaying that image if the TV's image processing is turned off/set as low as possible. However the last between the TV receiving the image and displaying it can be as high as 150 to 200 milliseconds with processing set too high.

I know, 200 milliseconds seems fast, but it's enough to make gameplay a little weird.

Last edited:
Because it takes the TV a few extra milliseconds to add more processing to the image. It doesn't make the game system itself lag more, but it increases the delay between the time the game system sends its image to the TV and the time the TV actually displays the image.

Most TVs today from quality manufacturers can manage a delay of 20 to 35 milliseconds between receiving an image and displaying that image if the TV's image processing is turned off/set as low as possible. However the last between the TV receiving the image and displaying it can be as high as 150 to 200 milliseconds with processing set too high.

I know, 200 milliseconds seems fast, but it's enough to make gameplay a little weird.

Interesting, I knew about audio lag in a tv but never considered the same for the picture. I like using the dynamic contrast/ambient light sensor when watching tv because the light in my place changes drastically during the day, that's about the only thing I have on.

Back