How to get pictures from your PS3 to your PC w/o a flash drive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sporkface69
  • 13 comments
  • 1,891 views
There may be a ps3 media server for pc to copy thing from the ps3 to pc instead of just streaming files. You could also try uploading the pics to facebook if the images appear in the ps3 pics folder. I haven't tried anything of this just throwing the idea over :)
 
I imagine this functionality will come with the Community option for Online in a future patch.

This answer was created with the PD Back-covering template™
I imagine this functionality will come with the [GENERIC ANSWER] in a future patch.
 
I'm guessing they'll make something similar to GT5's "Photo-Stream" available on the GT website.

GT5 My Home and GT5 Photo Stream will no longer be available on www.gran-turismo.com from 29 November, 01:00 EST.

Equivalent services will be made available on www.gran-turismo.com for Gran Turismo 6 following launch of the title.
 
Do you have an iPod? You can maybe even use a cell phone, as long as you have a USB charger
 
The best way to do this if you don't have a flash drive is to look under the cushions of your couch, get like $4.00 and go buy a flash drive.

This. Seriously, how is it possible for someone that is able to afford a PS3, internet service, and is either in school or any kind of work environment to get by without a single flash drive available? Or a mobile phone that can be used as one?
 
I suspect there may be a friendly wager going on, and the OP is challenged with finding a way to transfer photos from the PS3 hard drive to a PC hard drive without a flash drive device. That's how I take these kinds of questions, preferring not to assume that anyone is cheap or ignorant. External HDD (not SSD) are not flash drives as I understand them. Cell phones don't have hard discs so they may technically be "flash" drives. Just thinking out loud here.
 
I suspect a friendly wager is going on, and the OP is challenged with finding a way to transfer photo files from a PS3 HDD to a PC HDD without using a flash drive/USB memory device. External HDDs are not flash drives as I understand the technology. External SSD (solid state) drives use the same technology as flash drives as I understand it. Smart phones don't have hard discs so they may fall under the SSD/flash drive category.

To answer the original question, I suggest using the PS3 web browser to access any number of online storage sites and upload the photos there, then hop on the PC and use it to download the photos from that site.

QED
 
Last edited:
You can upload them to your Facebook through the PS3 browser.

This will work for sure.
 
Last edited:
This. Seriously, how is it possible for someone that is able to afford a PS3, internet service, and is either in school or any kind of work environment to get by without a single flash drive available? Or a mobile phone that can be used as one?
To answer your question, I work with my hands and not behind a desk, so no, I never had any use for one until now. Just cause I'm not some low-life computer geek doeant give you the right to come into my thread and talk down to me.

And its not that I cant afford one, I just don't want to have to drive the 20 miles to the nearest store to go buy one when I can use the tools I already have at my disposal.

Thanks to the people that gave me real advice.
 
im still waiting for that feature they promised us where we can upload replays to youtube directly
 
Although there are some great answers here I have to say that you really should get a thumb drive. A 2Gig thumb drive is under $5. The thumb drive gives you a way to back up your game save as well as easily copy off your pics.

Sark

P.S. As stated above some cell phones and MP3 players register as a generic USB flash drive and might be a direct substitute for a thumb drive.
 
Back