How to get the M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic (if you have not installed post-1.05 Hotfixes)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 170 comments
I bought them as possibly future gifts to friends: I still have the slimmest of hopes that Community features will include gifting cars to friends. If this ends up being the only chance to get them, then it will make a super special gift.

That was also my thinking. I bought 3 on both of my accounts. I miss the gifting and the Market Place of GT5. Hopefully that all returns at some point but I doubt it.

It's the Camaro SS Edge Special all over again...sorta... :P

I'd rather see that back than a BMW that I didn't want in the first place, in a color I don't get a chip for.

That car was really nice, and people geeked out over it all the time when I used it online. I do have a Purple Camaro, but it's not the same. They may not be able to give us the 'Edge Camaro" But I'm sure they could give us a chromeline Camaro.

Thank you very much for the information in this thread. I wasn't even aware of this "special" version of the car. Earlier, I deleted my game save (which took 2 attempts as it was playing about) , re-downloaded and installed (times like this I am glad I have unlimited broadband :)) and got myself a couple of these cars (only need one but, well, why not?) before re-installing the hot fix. Everything works fine, although I did have to update the car images on all 265 cars in my garage and, for some reason, it is not showing a car image on my stats screen for most wins, longest distance car etc. Maybe it will come back later when I start the game again. Thanks again 👍👍

I've not even updated yet as i was waiting for a better update which included the promised things but forget it, im gonna go try this out:).
How would you do it with wireless connection??

I've not even updated yet as i was waiting for a better update which included the promised things but forget it, im gonna go try this out:).
Just turn your router off, when it starts installing the 1.05 update.

Reconfigure your ps3 to use a ethernet cable and then plug the cable.
If this isn't an option you could turn your router off.
If the above isn't an option then (and i'm not sure, so await confirmation) you can cancel the ninja update by pressing circle or something.

Edit: Tree'd

What I did was just eject the disk from the PS3 after the update, then disable internet connection in the XMB. Restart game, buy Frozen M4's. Save. Re-enable internet connection in XMB and restart game. worked fine for me.

:bowdown: Thanks for the new M4 PD and GTP for the info.
Seems like a Easter Egg of an apology for the lack of content.
Surprised they didnt do a hot fix, to make sure you cant get it like the VGT Merc.

It asks you to download the ninja update. You don't need to disable your Internet. Just update to 1.05 and say no to the hot fix.

Yes this is correct: they ask you if you want to install the Hotfixes. I couldn't remember whether they would or not so I erred on the side of caution.

:bowdown: Thanks for the new M4 PD and GTP for the info.
Seems like a Easter Egg of an apology for the lack of content.
Surprised they didnt do a hot fix, to make sure you cant get it like the VGT Merc.
It wasn't ment to be a gift to us. It was only a gift for the BMW Z4 challenge participants. It was a mistake when PD released it to us.

I got one. Aside from the awesome colour, the M4 Frozen isn't that great to be honest - aside from putting new rubber on it, the only thing you can adjust is brake balance.

On the 'normal' M4 Coupe you actually have a few power parts you can add to increase the power (intake/exhaust and catalytic converter if I remember correctly - not in front of game), though not much else admittedly.

It would have been great to have been able to tweak the suspension/LSD, but PD says no.

I got one. Aside from the awesome colour, the M4 Frozen isn't that great to be honest - aside from putting new rubber on it, the only thing you can adjust is brake balance.

On the 'normal' M4 Coupe you actually have a few power parts you can add to increase the power (intake/exhaust and catalytic converter if I remember correctly - not in front of game), though not much else admittedly.

It would have been great to have been able to tweak the suspension/LSD, but PD says no.
Because this car isn't ready to sale later this summer or late Spring.

This item so far is a collectible you cannot share or gift. Plus not really ready for tuning. Seems to be pretty useless. Just bought >10 of it though.

This fact describes:
a) stupidity
b) boredom
c) richness
d) a+b
e) a+c
f) b+c
g) a+b+c

:lol:

I wasn't interested in it at all until it was removed. Then I desperately needed it. :lol:

Not to offend anyone, but the way you guys act over a thing like this is rather funny.
I mean, it's just a different color for a car that we got in game already, if that color was in the dealer since the day the car got released, no one would care about it (or almost no one), but taking all these steps such as deleting all updates to download them all again (which probably will take around 15 minutes) just so you can go and say to everyone you got a special color, isn't this a bit pointless?

I mean is just my opinion.

And also, the M4 yellow looks way better.

Not to offend anyone, but the way you guys act over a thing like this is rather funny.
I mean, it's just a different color for a car that we got in game already, if that color was in the dealer since the day the car got released, no one would care about it (or almost no one), but taking all these steps such as deleting all updates to download them all again (which probably will take around 15 minutes) just so you can go and say to everyone you got a special color, isn't this a bit pointless?

I mean is just my opinion.

And also, the M4 yellow looks way better.

What can I say? Probably you`re objectively correct. But what about emotion, passion and pure collector reasons? Back in the late GT5 days the game was 80% Pokemon. Nobody is forced to collect all the cars. But this M4 Frozen Black could become a real collectible if it`s not added again at a subsequent date. Don`t forget: It had an own button which was removed again. So technically it was a different car.

No paint chip i'm afraid.

Too bad - would have been a nice color for some other cars. Just for the non-tuneable M4 - not so interested.

Could it be the color is not actually matte, but satin black instead? BMW liking the special satin finishes lately. Cant blame them. 👍

2013-BMW-6-Series-Gran-Coupe-13_rdax_646x396.jpg

Too bad - would have been a nice color for some other cars. Just for the non-tuneable M4 - not so interested.

Could it be the color is not actually matte, but satin black instead? BMW liking the special satin finishes lately. Cant blame them. 👍

2013-BMW-6-Series-Gran-Coupe-13_rdax_646x396.jpg
Yes it's satin the same colour you get replacement panels in black with a slight shine..

It's the Camaro SS Edge Special all over again...sorta... :P
The Camaro Edge Special thread I made is still one of the peaks of my GTPlanet Experience
I rarely participate here anymore though due to the rampant pessimism

Back