How to make an e-brake rig for the DFGT in minutes. Updated!

LOL. Us poorer folks who use the DFGT have to resort to ghetto-izing the damn' thing.
-I've put weight's on the crap-fold-table to stop it from turning along with the wheel or sliding to the next room.
-I've had to glue rubber stoppers to the end of the table to stop the pedals from moving away.
-The bungie cord trick didn't work, so I put medium springs between the pedals and opening to stiffen it up.
-I did the controller e-brake trick 4 months before this was posted up, but I just put the controller next to me on the couch and pretended to pull it up as I pressed the R1 button (I even started to make clicking noises with my mouth to make the effect).

Driving Force GT = Driving Farce Ghetto Tool

Funny as hell but yeah this guy didn't come up with this, he copied other videos from youtube, they've been there for way longer than this thread has been here.👍

I stated in the OP where I got the idea from, I never claimed to be the original creator. I did this to try to help people, mindless trolling isn't helping your case.

Umm, I use the paddle shift on the backside of the wheel.Its not hard at all.I use the shift knob - ( push up)for reverse, and the + ( pull down) for ebrake.Not really that complicated.

The rig is easy enough to set up, screwing with the shifter or paddless(ew, gross) is just a bad idea in my opinion.

Your not really" screwing" with anything.Go to the setup screen, make the buttons w/e you want.I dont see the need to "rig" a controller to the side of the wheel, then add a stick on it .When the wheel with the sifters on backside, and the shift knob on the right will do it all.

I'd much rather use the shifter, as a shifter, instead of messing round with the paddles on the wheel. I don't even like them for grip racing

I'd much rather use the shifter, as a shifter, instead of messing round with the paddles on the wheel. I don't even like them for grip racing

This. Plus it's far more easier having the E-brake by your side, well for me anyway.

BkS
This. Plus it's far more easier having the E-brake by your side, well for me anyway.

Me too. I only use paddles for competition grip racing. For drifting i allways use the shifter on my g27.

Does anybody want me to upload pics of my ingenious ebrake. It costed nothing :D

Does anybody want me to upload pics of my ingenious ebrake. It costed nothing :D

I would, and then I'll humilate your ingenious ebrake, with my superawesomeJDMas**** ebrake. Mines has zipties, that's how JDM I am. XD

FlareKR
LOL. Us poorer folks who use the DFGT have to resort to ghetto-izing the damn' thing.
-I've put weight's on the crap-fold-table to stop it from turning along with the wheel or sliding to the next room.
-I've had to glue rubber stoppers to the end of the table to stop the pedals from moving away.
-The bungie cord trick didn't work, so I put medium springs between the pedals and opening to stiffen it up.
-I did the controller e-brake trick 4 months before this was posted up, but I just put the controller next to me on the couch and pretended to pull it up as I pressed the R1 button (I even started to make clicking noises with my mouth to make the effect).

Driving Force GT = Driving Farce Ghetto Tool

Hahahaha what a douche? Clicking? You do realize when you're drifting irl you DO NOT want the ebrake to lock while drifting. :)

my take on all this

001.jpg

GOPR0018.jpg

GOPR0019.jpg

I saw your thread earlier in the week about this... by any chance when you start selling these will you ship the UK? Because this rig is awesome!!!!

BkS
I saw your thread earlier in the week about this... by any chance when you start selling these will you ship the UK? Because this rig is awesome!!!!

I really appreciate your enthusiasm for this e-brake rig and YES I'm willing to ship it anywhere I can ship to. it breaks down fairly small and it's made of aluminum making it light for shipping as well. I will have to get it weighed and box sized so people can figure out how much it'll cost to have shipped to their location.

I'm going to upgrade to a premium membership tonight and get a couple offered in the trading post here in gtplanet within next week and a half and then I'll get website up and running and start releasing my other items. I've got some good ideas brewing.

Last edited:
I really appreciate your enthusiasm for this e-brake rig and YES I'm willing to ship it anywhere I can ship to. it breaks down fairly small and it's made of aluminum making it light for shipping as well. I will have to get it weighed and box sized so people can figure out how much it'll cost to have shipped to their location.

I'm going to upgrade to a premium membership tonight and get a couple offered in the trading post here in gtplanet within next week and a half and then I'll get website up and running and start releasing my other items. I've got some good ideas brewing.

Sweet. Accepted you on PSN btw. 👍

I still dont get how you guys get to use the DS3 to be functional during gameplay. I mean, if my DFGT is player 1 dosen't my DS3 also have to be player 1?

I still dont get how you guys get to use the DS3 to be functional during gameplay. I mean, if my DFGT is player 1 dosen't my DS3 also have to be player 1?

No, you want to have your DS3 in the 1st, and your DFGT in 2nd. Just unplug your wheel, turn the controller on, plug the wheel back in, and have fun. 👍

No, you want to have your DS3 in the 1st, and your DFGT in 2nd. Just unplug your wheel, turn the controller on, plug the wheel back in, and have fun. 👍

You don't even have to do that... just hold the PS button down for 3-4 secs then go to "Controller Options" and then reassign it's number then press the PS button.

The PS3 will automatically reassign the wheel to the number the controller was.

looked at the OP and was surprised duck tape wasn't part of your mugivering of the hand brake and if your going to look professional at least use clear duck tape C'mon :lol:

BKS is right just re-assign ur e-brake ds3 to P1 & wheel will still work no need to unplug. also check out my rig & let me know wat u think i use joystick to ds3 e-brake & also i have built a t500rs style pedal box for my g27 pedals. All pics r in my GTp album "My g27 setup"

BkS

If you buy me one too, i'll send you the money:P If it's not too expensive that is...
Also, i need a new DS3 lmfao, i only have a cheapo GAME plugin pad.

Latest Posts

Back