How to make an e-brake rig for the DFGT in minutes. Updated!

This is clever, but personally i prefder my set up. I use the stick as a shifter (duh) and have both the paddles for handbrake. Works quiet well :)

This is clever, but personally i prefder my set up. I use the stick as a shifter (duh) and have both the paddles for handbrake. Works quiet well :)

I tried that and hated it, when the wheel is rotating theyre always in a different position, I like having my e-brake in the same place every time. 👍

Bump in hopes that someone will see this and find it beneficial. I've been practicing with my improvised rig the past couple days and my drifting has been getting a lot better, just having the ability to give it a good rip whenever youre in trouble is well worth the effort.

Bump in hopes that someone will see this and find it beneficial. I've been practicing with my improvised rig the past couple days and my drifting has been getting a lot better, just having the ability to give it a good rip whenever youre in trouble is well worth the effort.

+1, mine has got me out of so many sketchy situations when i been online lol :sly:

+1, mine has got me out of so many sketchy situations when i been online lol :sly:

Yeah, it seems to really help especially when following somone and they slow down, you can kill your own understeer so easy with just a little pull of the e-brake. Same thing goes for trying to extend long drift in front of somone to psyche them out haha. 👍

This thread is great! I love the creativity.

I'm glad you like it. 👍

After using this little rig for some time now I don't know how I ever drifted without it. The amount of situations where its useful is ridiculous, despite rarely using it to initiate. Extending a drift, curing understeer, balancing the car out, the list goes on and on.

For all the purist whackos that say "I dont need/use my e-brake to drift"... you're missing out on a whole heap of techniques. The same goes for using no ABS, but thats an entirely different discussion.

Sorry to bump this thread, how'd you configure the controller as the E-brake? Having a hard time configuring the damn thing as it's controller 2 and whatnot.

Sorry to bump this thread, how'd you configure the controller as the E-brake? Having a hard time configuring the damn thing as it's controller 2 and whatnot.

You have to push the PS button for longer than 1 second. The Menu for the player configuration will show up and you can set it to player 1

monsterGAUZ
You have to push the PS button for longer than 1 second. The Menu for the player configuration will show up and you can set it to player 1

I just turn on the controller first then plug in the wheel.

Oh, it was great all right. Right up until the point where I was drifting SUPER HARD, and the rubber band snapped, and hit my lip. :grumpy:

I used a guitar hero controller's whammy bar as an e-brake on my pc but never tried it on ps3 before my son pretty much destroyed it

LOL. Us poorer folks who use the DFGT have to resort to ghetto-izing the damn' thing.
-I've put weight's on the crap-fold-table to stop it from turning along with the wheel or sliding to the next room.
-I've had to glue rubber stoppers to the end of the table to stop the pedals from moving away.
-The bungie cord trick didn't work, so I put medium springs between the pedals and opening to stiffen it up.
-I did the controller e-brake trick 4 months before this was posted up, but I just put the controller next to me on the couch and pretended to pull it up as I pressed the R1 button (I even started to make clicking noises with my mouth to make the effect).

Driving Force GT = Driving Farce Ghetto Tool

Back