How to spend my next wad of credits.... opinions welcomed

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by seadog777, Jun 10, 2019.

1. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

So I'm one race off my next 15M stash...... question is what to spend it on?

Lambo Miura? Ferrari 250GT? Aston DB3?

Or should I just save the extra 5M and go for the fourth 20M car, the Ferrari 250GTO?

Hhhmmm, what's a rich guy to do.... :lol: Any opinions welcomed.

2. sirjim73

sirjim73

Personally, I would go for the Miura which I think is N class and therefore more useful in GT League than the others which are Group X and limited to the Professional Nostalgia events.

Plus you can recreate the opening scene from The Italian Job :D

3. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Very good points that I will keep in mind, thank you!

sirjim73 likes this.
  4. talhaONE

talhaONE

Miura. You can use it on gt league or troll people on open lobbies with its insane acceleration.

sirjim73, KepleroGT and seadog777 like this.
  5. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Thank you, that's 2 for the Muira..... maybe I should have done a poll!
    I am kind of drawn to the 250GT.... that was "given" to us in one of the GT Sport races (when I did them) and must say it was very nice to drive.... and looks gorgeous too.

The 250GT is N300 - And I forgot about the Cobra and the Alfa...... but they're both X.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. dnlnnhs

dnlnnhs

Miura. Definitely the Miura

I-Runner and seadog777 like this.
  7. talhaONE

talhaONE

Miura is better then 250gt imho.

seadog777 likes this.
  8. ARTAsean

ARTAsean

So you’re saying you don’t have the Shelby Daytona? If so, that’s the car you need to buy, IMO.

LOonIE, Stencedaddy and seadog777 like this.
  9. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I would but, as others point out it's group X.... I have raced goodness knows how many Nostalgic 79 races and the Daytonas are always at the back.... usually the ones you can overtake before the very first right hander. The 250GTO is not much better, nor the Aston. So I wouldn't really be able to use it anywhere.... why is it worth buying?

10. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Interesting post by the OP. I'm at the stage where I've been gifted or have a bought everything I need... I discount any of the $20 mil. cars because I dont technically need them since I'm using the Daytona so any future Nostalgia 79 events are covered.

There's really only two choices isnt there?

The Miura or the Ferrari 250GT... the Aston Martin I feel falls into the same niche as the Porsche 356 whatever.

And the $10 mil. N300 250 GT teeters on being a collectors trophy and not an actual really useful racing car in its class like the Miura.

seadog777 likes this.
  11. MMX

MMX Premium

The Daytona has to be maxed out on power, but man, it sounds awesome, and is a really fun car to drive. It's a shame it's use is so limited. I used it to win well over 100 races in the Nostalgia race at Le Sarthe, before going back to the easy win of the Jag.

I-Runner, Pigems and seadog777 like this.
  12. Pigems

Pigems

Do the headlights on the Miura flip up? I’ve always been curious about that.

Sharpie and seadog777 like this.
  13. talhaONE

talhaONE

They flip up since gt5.

Pigems, seadog777 and Sharpie like this.
  14. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

sirjim73 likes this.
  15. NosOsH

NosOsH

Im currently at 19.4 mil, i already bought the 330 and have given up on winning unicorns after almost 500 game days. Im planning on getting the xj13? Such a beautiful looking car second or equal only to the 330. Next car will be the miura. I dont like how the 250 drives because of the open diff i think. Already have the shelby and aston.

seadog777 and Pigems like this.
  16. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Get the Miura, its always been good

seadog777 likes this.
  17. OJT6627

OJT6627

I never quite understood the choice of the Miura on PD's side

There are plenty of Miuras that range between 800k up to 2ish million euros depending on the model: regular P400, the S, SV and so on... But PD decided to choose the Bertone Prototype version to model and then put an abysmal price on it just because it is a "prototype", even though it has pretty much no difference from the road-spec car.

As for the car choice, if you're not that interested in classics you may also consider some of the expensive moderns: Veneno, LaFerrari, P1 GTR and so on. Just saying

Snikle, seadog777 and Pigems like this.
  18. sirjim73

sirjim73

Matt Monro.
    On days like these.
    The Italian Job.

I rest my case.

seadog777 likes this.
  19. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Gotta be the N class Miura if you enjoy career mode.

I bought the great to drive Daytona but rarely get a chance to use it. Annoying as I saved for the Miura for a couple of months but then they decided to release the Daytona...

I didn't care about it being GrX at the time, now I do.

seadog777, Pigems and sirjim73 like this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems

Thanks, I just mean in general though. I didn’t know if the real one did either. :)

seadog777 likes this.
  21. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Looks like the balance of (well-experienced and informed, including non-Miura suggestions) opinion points to the Miura.... might "pull that cash trigger" tonight! :cheers:
    Thanks everyone for your opinions, they're valued!

sirjim73 and kilesa4568 like this.
  22. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I wholeheartedly recommend the XJ 13 - beautiful to look at and drive (not as quick as the 330, but close enough)

NosOsH likes this.
  23. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

XJ13. You don't have to spend any milage points on it. It can win the Classic Le Mans race as long as a 330 isn't on pole.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    seadog777 and NosOsH like this.
  24. The Cake

The Cake

Miura's stock setup is terrible. I have 12 millions, wondering if im gonna get daytona or 250? I really want the daytona cause ive heard great thing about it, but its group x

seadog777 likes this.
  25. Quakebass

Quakebass

I’m pretty sure it was one of the first Pebble Beach GT Award winners, and it’s price is solely up to rarity, as it is in the real world. I too wish they had a “normal” Miura for affordability’s sake, but I also think it’d be a waste of resources to model a nearly identical car.

I think some cars have inflated and deflated in price between games to more accurately portray their real-world price points (and I like that as realistic car culture element, despite the unaffordability aspect it often brings), I believe the Shelby’s and older Abarth are the biggest ones. Interestingly Sport Mode has had the side effect of keeping some cars unusually cheap in order to create an equal playing field/avoid “pay to win” scenarios. All cars classed in Gr. 1 are 1 mil, reducing the Group C cars costs significantly from the prices that had historically ranged from 2-6 mil in the last few games.

------

Off-topic over, as for car recommendations, I can only speak on the ones I own, which are the Jag, Mk. IV Ford, and Aston. I think I may actually like the handling characteristics of the Aston most, but am dissatisfied with the lack of other cars near its performance bracket/era (regardless of the Gr. X one-make problem). The Jag and Ferrari can race in some Arcade mode settings and the “holy trinity” of 60’s Le Mans cars are all eligible but more importantly competent in the high-paying League event, so there’s a big advantage there.

It’ll really come down to what you want the cars for. If you’re fine with solo hot lapping or one-make races, honestly any of them are a good pick. I will say the Aston handles significantly different from the 60’s Le Mans cars, though, and may be a good pick for variation.

If you’re looking for something that can race against something else, the 60’s Le Mans cars may a good pick and have a few uses in Arcade and League. I don’t own the Shelby, Alfa, or Ferrari GTO, but they seem to be meant to be placed in race settings together. However, there’s no real format where that can be facilitated in the game outside of custom open lobby settings, and my understanding is that these cars aren’t really competitive in the League event.

The Miura and 12 mil Ferrari look like good picks (to me) simply because of their versatile N classification. You can use them just about anywhere in the game and race against just about anything else unlike the Gr. X hindrance that plagues all the other expensive cars.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    seadog777 and sirjim73 like this.
  26. sirjim73

sirjim73

Excellent post. Thanks.

seadog777 likes this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

If you haven't spent the CR, go for the Miura. I'm at 10mil and going for the miura. There have been several N300-N500 races in FIA. The next is N300 again. Adding to its in game rarity, I figure I'm likely to be the only Miura on the grid, among X-Bow, S-FR and F50 racers. Should be interesting during Free Practice. ;)

seadog777 likes this.
  28. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

How would you guys rate the Ford Mk IV in GTS?

29. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

It's worth it if you're willing to spend the 20 million to get one.

30. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

15M? Miura for sure!