How to: Use Keyboard & Move Camera In Any Direction (PS4)PS4 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 12 comments
Sweden
Sweden
I decided to start this thread in order to hopefully save @IanBell and crew from at least some headaches and unwarranted hate and/or
needless criticism.

For example one member wrote earlier today:
#2 for what ever reason there seems to be a horizon lock to all cameras. This is annoying! I want my camera firm mounted to the middle of the roof of the car
#4 No keyboard support on PS4... goes without saying it should be...

You are able to play with the camera in absolutely any way you'd like and move it around in any possible direction you can think of, by simply using a keyboard.

Here's a quick example from a video I just made at Hockenheim:

Altering the camera angles to your own personal preference by using a keyboard actually worked
the same in Project Cars 1, but not many people seemed to know about it. At least not on PS4.
I use this excellent diagram made by @imported_rik19

project cars how to adjust view ps4.jpeg

Just remember to toggle the square button first, to get to the starting point you want. The number 5 button on the keyboard resets the camera to the original position.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
damn cellphone, in any case i was wrong you can't get the position saved per car after moving the view around and can't bind keys to move sit around and such on the menu so it's mostly useful for fun only.

Yeah, your tip was game changing for me. Still having little trouble tho to implement changes, some times ctrl+K doesnt work. But when it works you can also use mouse in PC to fix camera how exactly you want.

I just found this out, too, and was just about to post a thread. Good thing I searched first. Pressing ctrl+k again activates a second mode where you can even use a mouse to look around by pressing the left mouse button. Here's what I found out.

[No Input]

Standard Mode:

Numpad 2,4,6,8: Look around (similar effect of using the right stick).

[Press Ctrl+k once]

MODE 1:

Numpad 5: Reset
Numpad 8/2: Pitch Up/Down
Numpad 4/6: Yaw Left/Right
Q/E: Pan Left/Right
W/S: Pan Up/Down
A/D: Zoom In/Out
Numpad +/-: Adjust FOV

[Press Ctrl+k a second time]

MODE 2:

Numpad 5: Reset
Numpad +/-: Adjust FOV Faster
W/S: Move Forward/Backward
A/D: Move Left/Right
Z/C: Roll Left/Right
Left Mouse Button+Mouse Movement: Camera Rotation (Super Sensitive)

[Press Ctrl+k a third time]

Standard Mode:

[NOTES]

-Controls may be inverted based on camera orientation.
-This can be used while paused.
-Camera positions are saved for each individual view for the race, but are reset when leaving the race.

Last edited:
Pressing ctrl+k again activates a second mode where you can even use a mouse to look around by pressing the left mouse button.
I had no idea. That's good to know.

I just found this out, too, and was just about to post a thread.
Yeah I can't thank @imported_rik19 enough for introducing me to this feature back in pCARS 1. It gives such a sense of freedom when you are able to set up the camera wherever you wish. The only limit is your own imagination.

Is there a way to save the camera distance to the car or all the cars? I use chase camera and like the camera backed up a little bit.

I appreciate the thread and I'd do this if there was a way to save the settings. I see no point in having a keyboard around for every single race just to adjust something it should be adjusted once and then saved until you needed to change it again.

Back