Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
Australia
Hindmarsh Island
TDZ-4-12-14-88
XBOX_is_GAY!!!!
On the whole the game is good. And nothing seems game breaking yet. However! Some issues have arisen....

#1 If you crash in single player mode and restart the race the game doesn't refresh visual damage.

#2 for what ever reason there seems to be a horizon lock to all cameras. This is annoying! I want my camera firm mounted to the middle of the roof of the car and there isn't a way to toggle that off.

#3 Panoz Esperente GT1. Roof top camera is mounted to the middle left of the car above the driver! Again it should be mounted in the exact middle of the car or personal choice adjustment!

#4 No keyboard support on PS4... goes without saying it should be.....

I wanted to be far more savage but the AUP forbids it.

They're basic issues that should have been covered in the first build!

1. Could be a bug.
2. There isn't. You can link to horizon on a 1-100 scale
3. A design choice.
4. Something missing (for now) not a bug.

I'd really appreciate you not posting click bait titles then exaggerating on your points. We'll spend a lot of time around here helping and responding but not if we have to read rubbish like that.

1. Could be a bug.
2. There isn't. You can link to horizon on a 1-100 scale
3. A design choice.
4. Something missing (for now) not a bug.

I'd really appreciate you not posting click bait titles then exaggerating on your points. We'll spend a lot of time around here helping and responding but not if we have to read rubbish like that.

Righto. I've edited the title. Apologies

I get that there are 100 different ways to play every title. And then variables with content etc. But when you drop more then a night's pay on something you kinda expect plug and play functionality to be thereabouts spot on.

Righto. I've edited the title. Apologies

I get that there are 100 different ways to play every title. And then variables with content etc. But when you drop more then a night's pay on something you kinda expect plug and play functionality to be thereabouts spot on.

Nothing above (in your list) speaks of lack of plug and play functionality. And unless Sony has banned it we'll get the keyboard support added.

Ok so I was having some serious stuttering issues previously and figured that it could be due to CPU overclock. I set it now to the base clocks, just enabling the Turbo Boost. It’s gotten much better, but there are still occasional stutters. I’m using i7 3960x btw. Is there anything else I can do? Will there be a patch to improve this? Maybe there is some command line argument I can run with to try to improve it? Didn’t have these problem with pCARS 1 and I had the overclock at that time. Any help would be appreciated!

Ok so I was having some serious stuttering issues previously and figured that it could be due to CPU overclock. I set it now to the base clocks, just enabling the Turbo Boost. It’s gotten much better, but there are still occasional stutters. I’m using i7 3960x btw. Is there anything else I can do? Will there be a patch to improve this? Maybe there is some command line argument I can run with to try to improve it? Didn’t have these problem with pCARS 1 and I had the overclock at that time. Any help would be appreciated!

I need more info on your system. Mainly GPU, memory, OS.

I need more info on your system. Mainly GPU, memory, OS.
I’m running Windows 10, 16 GB of RAM, GPU is GTX1070. FPS is fine overall, it just these random stutters/freezes that happen seemingly randomly. They may be happening more frequently when I go off track on grass/gravel but I’m not positive, could be a coincidence. It’s not too bad now, but if someone experienced something similar maybe there is some way to improve it even further.

I’m running Windows 10, 16 GB of RAM, GPU is GTX1070. FPS is fine overall, it just these random stutters/freezes that happen seemingly randomly. They may be happening more frequently when I go off track on grass/gravel but I’m not positive, could be a coincidence. It’s not too bad now, but if someone experienced something similar maybe there is some way to improve it even further.

I'd go to background processes on your machine. Unless your GPU is really low in memory in which case is could be paging in and out vertex and texture assets. Are you running a 1 Gb card?

What I have ran into so far.
1: For some reason was unable to get a time to post on Texas Speedway when driving the Ford Nascar. Tried it three different times and still not time showing. All three times I was in time trial mode and had at least one valid lap that should have posted. I was able to post times in some other cars [not nascars] with out issue.

2: Noticed a lot of dead zone with the wheel on some cars. Using the CSR Elite the Newer Jag road car was pretty much undrivable and the 66 Mustang was really bad as well having about 2 inches of deadzone in the wheel. Some of the other cars felt much better. I tired to adjust it using the txt file but didn't seem to make much of a difference.

3: Missing downshifts, apparently there is something added to the game that will not allow you to downshift while above xrpms and that x value seems to be different for different gears the result is that engine breaking often fails due to a failed shift and ruins the race. I understand that you shouldn't downshift above a given rpm range but it seems to be to restricted in game and has been quite a nuisance thus far.

Have to mention that this happens when I’m streaming to Nvidia Shield TV. Im not sure how often/when it happens playing on the PC directly. Could be different.

Just further to the posts about keyboard support on ps4. For me it is more than just that. I can't edit the assignments for anything against my t300 configuration. That is, when trying to assign a function to either a wheel button or a keyboard button I get an error along the lines of "multiple entries detected. Assignment not made".

It's actually my number one complaint at the moment as i feel out of place. I don't even know how to turn on my headlights if i need to as the default assignments I am completely unfamiliar with.

I have encountered other issues but I am confident they will be resolved in time so I don't need to re hash them.

Definitely some good comments are deserved as well but I have only had about an hour on it so I'm not qualified to comment yet.

I just want to signal that, in time trial and practice, in Hockenheim GP, i'm experiencing random invalidated lap times.
Thank you
Have all a nice weekend playing the game.

I just want to signal that, in time trial and practice, in Hockenheim GP, i'm experiencing random invalidated lap times.
Thank you

Are they random or are you putting more than half of your car over the kerbing at places?

If you mess up the previous lap somewhere in the end it will invalidate the next lap aswell. It isnt shown verry well i agree as it invalidates the next lap only after a bit of time into that lap.
I thought i was getting random invalidates aswell in testing but I found it was always this.

Since we have your attention here Ian Bell would you please have a look at the thread I started on this forum titled "T300 Not Recognised" on a PS4. Also please not the 1.03 update has caused the issue.

If you mess up the previous lap somewhere in the end it will invalidate the next lap aswell. It isnt shown verry well i agree as it invalidates the next lap only after a bit of time into that lap.
I thought i was getting random invalidates aswell in testing but I found it was always this.
Yep, I’ve noticed this as well. Probably it’s the same thing reported above

I have been playing in VR after initially setting up with my monitor, I have noticed some strange and random flashes like someone taking pictures with very bright flash, this has happen very randomly and I only see it when in VR (I have an HTC Vive).

I play with a DD OSW wheel and found the setup very easy, I was thinking that would be a problem for me but all went smoothly, Now, I am trying to find settings that feel right, I have tried the 3 defaults, Immersive, Informative, and Raw, but each one has something to offer but still feels like some adjustment is needed.

All recommendations are welcomed.

I have a GTX1080, and I have set the supersampling to 1.7, not sure if the above has been seen before?

My configuration:
PC (i5-6600K/ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Edition/32GB DDR4)
SimuCUBE based OSW kit MiGE 130ST-M10010 20Nm 10000ppr (40000cpr)/OMP Superquadro panel w/ SLI - Pololo Instruments (Leopoldo Ramirez)/HPP Simulation 3P-PRX-SE Pedal Set/Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5/4play racing 8020 racing chassis with Racing Seat/HTC Vive With Deluxe Audio Strap/4K UHD Smart LED TV - 55”

Thank you
I'm getting that a Donington National as well. Every time I crossed the line at the start of a practise lap I'd get an 'invalidated time' message.

Will test more but I'm sure I didn't mess up at the end of previous lap.

Ian,

I was hoping not to open this topic. ..

too many problems, TROPPI ...

1- Still Invisible Walls, Monza.
2-hud does not save the rearview mirror
3- The glass of the machine is never repaired
4- In the menu you can not set the rearview mirror
5- The ghost auto function OFF does not work
6- The steering wheel becomes crazy when you enter an online room
7 - Big lags when you enter a session already started
8-You can not skip the session
9 - you can not assign buttons to the keyboard = (
10 - The engine broke out of the box
11- Cars flying in collisions
12-MORE CORRELATIONS TO DO ....

please solve it soon ...

PS4 STANDARD

Have to mention that this happens when I’m streaming to Nvidia Shield TV. Im not sure how often/when it happens playing on the PC directly. Could be different.
That's quite an important detail :) Please check without Shield TV running.

PS4 Pro digital deluxe version.

If anyone can help out I have a few teething problems and not sure if it is down to settings or a little gremlin or bug that's got in my game.

I can't seem to get the engineer audio. I have tried everything I think. Even on always and authentic just subtitles come on. I'm using headphones and/or just tv.

Photo mode

First menu. Focus etc is great but

Second menu. No filters at all working , grain not working, frames not working etc but Contrast and exposure do? . The settings slide but do not action. Anyone else having this problem?

I can't seem to find the 3 controller settings as my road cars drive like they are on ice and very twitchy as standard and undrivable for me with all assists on. Hopefully new settings or patch can sort this or any help?

Only minor niggles the game and graphics are a step up and I love the rally x tracks and new cars. :bowdown::cheers:

Back