How would you like an option to choose Endurance race length?

Would you like an option to choose length of longer Endurance events?

• Yes

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • It doesn't matter to me

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree I aint about to run my playstation for 24 hours and i tried one of the 24h race after the save update and i still cant save mid race. So like dude said im one of the few that will never attempt the 24 done 9h never 24.

I like endurace races and I like be part of them but i'm a person who get bored very easily and playing those endurace races without having a mid-race save setting or put Bob on the car for racing for a few hours, those moments when you sleep, eat, do exercise etc.

I don't agree with shortening endurance races but if we could put Bob driving like we could on GT4 i would be very pleased.

I don't see why anyone would actually object to letting bob's share the work like GT4 if we want to. You people that want to drive the whole 24 hours yourself can still do so, those of us who don't can let Bob's take over for some of it. Everybody is happy unless you're one of those people that cares about how others play their own game.

^exactly, They should just combing the A-spec and B-spec Endurance element to one. So if multiple drivers are needed, its U + Bobs (x How many is needed) but you must compete to complete it. B-spec needs to be different anyway....

GT4 had it almost right. Combining it with what is in GT5 would make it perfect. So you and x amount of B spec drivers can enter an event, and B-Spec mode can be fast forwarded. Add mid race saves and anyone can finish the 24 hour race without leaving their PlayStation on for a long time. But the catch is B-Spec drivers could make mistakes and they should get tired.

Another idea I've had is online co-op 24 hr races. After finishing your stint, your race progress is saved and shared with selected friends. They then download the race and run their stint before passing it on to the next driver. As you download the race progress before each stint, disconnections shouldn't ruin the race. At the end of the race, each driver gets a share of the prize based on how long they had driven. One time only prize cars would be given to each driver for completing the race.

In all fairness I think choosing the length of regular races is going a little too far, since they're not very long anyway. Even when they are 10+ laps, who doesn't have the time to complete those? Very few people I imagine.

As for what you said about 'time-accelerated races' for some races in Endurance mode, that's pretty much what I was suggesting. I just phrased it a little differently. :)
Honestly I think the length of most of the main races are too short. Very few races in real life are going to be two or three laps on a small track. Having such short races in GT5 means you can't pick a car that's competitive, you have to pick something slightly better than the AI so that you can pass them all on the last corner, if you want a good race that you can actually win. And that's just not how racing works.

As far as endurance races, driving for 24 hours non-stop is definitely unrealistic. However, if they let us switch to B-spec in GT6, they'd better have really good AI, because I'd hate to have my race ruined by the computer's poor driving. The alternative, driving in realistic stints then pausing or suspending the race 'til you're ready to drive again, is already possible, and I think works plenty well enough.

If you want total realism from the endurance races, you're going to need to get some friends who you consider good enough drivers and have them race with you. It would actually be really cool if you could do this with online friends and watch them, but that would have to be pretty complicated, and honestly pretty risky trusting a long race to GT's servers.

If you don't have "teammates" to help you do the races, you're going to have to compromise, either by letting B-spec help you, or doing it yourself with realistic breaks. Neither is perfect but they're both better than driving 24 hours non-stop. Apparently some people have done that though. Why? Beats me.

They also need to make the races an endurance for the car, not just the driver. IE mechanical damage and wear.

SimonK
They also need to make the races an endurance for the car, not just the driver. IE mechanical damage and wear.

Agreed, needs to be gearbox, engine, brake wear plus permanent damage and if it's a bad crash with huge damage your out but minor damages can be repaired in put but at the cost of time

GT4's system is pretty much what I would like re-implemented.

When I first did the Nurb 24 hours on GT4, I was 9, and the proposition of playing the game for 24 hours back then was not something I wanted to do. So I would drive for about an hour and then switch to B-Spec with the Speed-Up setting on to x3, then another driving stint and so on. The race took 12 Hours, which was about as much as I could take back then.

However now, I would want to, and have done, the 24 Hours fully, but with breaks inbetween. I agree with SimonK, that we should be able to run each race in the same system as real life. That way people don't have to drive the entire race themselves, using the same system as GT4.

But then you have the hardcore lot that might want to drive for all 24 hours. Fine, fair enough, it's what you might want to do. But not everybody in the world might want to do that. So if the GT4 system was re-implemented into GT6 what's saying you have to use it?

If you compromise on the fact that some people may want it included, the casual gamers who want to get the races over and done with can get it over and done with, those who want to simulate real life can simulate real life, and those who want to do it all by themselves can do it all by themselves.

Remember, it's not your choice how someone wants to play their copy of the game.

Last edited:
I vote No. 12h and 24h races are relevant as challenges in A and B-spec. I do feel, however, that races over 2h duration should include driver changes as seen in GT4.
I'd like to see a more developed event synthesizer though, one that allows You to create races and championships such as 4h endurance races, 1000 km et.c. on a track and with regulations customized to Your liking.

Back