How's the Clutch Emulation in GTS?

Need better hardware, the programming is there to simulate slip

world best H shifter - Quiafe Pro Sim H Shifter
For pedal / clutch - Fanatec V3 inverted with damper on clutch & brake

What is currently the best clutch emulation in a game, and is it anywhere near to acceptable, yet?

Before we slag GTS, shouldn't we perhaps acknowledge that no-one else has got it 100% right, either?

I still believe that demanding clutch emulation accuracy in a game that hasn't got anywhere NEAR throttle accuracy, physics accuracy, tire model accuracy, collision and crash accuracy, weather accuracy and track accuracy is rather a waste of time. Quite a few of those other inaccuracies strike me as more important to get addressed before the clutch does...

What is currently the best clutch emulation in a game, and is it anywhere near to acceptable, yet?

Before we slag GTS, shouldn't we perhaps acknowledge that no-one else has got it 100% right, either?

I still believe that demanding clutch emulation accuracy in a game that hasn't got anywhere NEAR throttle accuracy, physics accuracy, tire model accuracy, collision and crash accuracy, weather accuracy and track accuracy is rather a waste of time. Quite a few of those other inaccuracies strike me as more important to get addressed before the clutch does...
Assetto Corsa has it right IMO. It's not 100% perfect if you would drive like you do every day around town, but it is a perfectly acceptable clutch model for racing.

Back