HST Gordini Dakar "Robby Gordon" 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 5 comments
Portugal
Portugal
proxy.php

StarLight Garage suggests automobile gems to be included in the Gran Turismo Series.
The American, HST Gordini Dakar from Robby Gordon from 2015 should be one of them.
Fasten seatbelts the 45-year old driver, Robby Gordon is back and ready for the Dakar 2015. But he is not alone is has a better version of his previous Dakar Monster.
Can he win Dakar this year? It will be for sure a tremendous nervous and exciting race until the last day.
Enjoy this Dakar Monster!

2ew2q20.jpg

Yesterday Robby Gordon hit the gas on his tenth Dakar when the lights go green in Rosario (Argentina on January 5th). His headlining the epic event is nothing new, but what he'll be driving this year certainly is: A car he says he's going to sell to the public.

Team Speed Energy and Robby Gordon have been working on a new racing rig for over a year, and the result looks like a shooting-brake lovechild of a Hummer H3 and Ford Raptor... In a good way.

In a recent in interview in Paris, Gordon described the vehicle as "a completely different car than everyone's expecting me to bring."

Based on the Stadium Super Trucks (SST) developed for Gordon's own pavement-pounding race series, the 2WD FIA Dakar truck that they're calling HST (Hummer Style Truck) is the first front-engined "true truck" Gordon will drive in the rally. According to him, it will "jump farther and higher" than anything he's raced before.

The HST (Hummer Style Truck) Gordini has a V8 / 6,2 L engine under the hood producing 300 hp to keep this heavy machine going on in the most terrible road conditions.

Robby Gordon: “2014 was my worst Dakar, no stage wins and retirement. A Dakar to forget. We have done a lot of work on the car. In all, we did more than 10 test sessions. We focused on what were the problems in 2014, essentially linked to the heat. We suffered vapor lock on the opening stage and we burned up the pistons.

There was a lot of work to do on the cooling. I am rather happy with the result. This car is better than my best Hummer. The objective is still the same. I am not coming to relax, but rather to win. As a team owner, I have to admit that the Dakar is the hardest event I know.

Apart from the Dakar, there isn't a race we haven't won. We have won in NASCAR, in Indycar, and 24 hour races. We have won special sages on the Dakar, but not the Dakar and it is very frustrating. I have seen videos of the Peugeots and they will be very fast. Peugeot has a formidable line-up of drivers.

As for the Minis, I've mocked them but it's just a game, it's public relations and it's rather funny. It's nothing personal. They have proved themselves on the terrain and they could continue to kick ass. But we will be dangerous…”

Robby Gordon Dakar record since 1999
2014: Ab. Stage 12
2013: 14th (2 stage wins)
2012: disqualified (1 stage win)
2011: Ab. Stage 4
2010: 8th (1 stage win)
2009: 3rd
2007: 8th (1 stage win)
2006: Ab.
2005: 12th (2 stage wins)

Other Palmares:
2014 : Baja 500 , Baja 1000, Stadium Super trucks
2013 : Baja 1000 (7th)
2013 : SPEED Energy Stadium Super Trucks (SST) winner
2012 Best in The Desert Champion
NASCAR since 1997 (3 victories, 32 top 10, 1 pole position)
Off-road: American Score Championship (6-time champion: 1986-90, 1996)
BAJA 1000 3-time winner
US off-road champion 2011

k9fekn.jpg

2vbkih1.jpg

ejc5xx.jpg

2jfaxp0.jpg

23waf6a.jpg

317iih2.png
2le1lr7.jpg

THE OTHER DAKAR CARS ARE HERE:

Last edited:
Back