Huracan Gr.3 - is it touchy?

• Thread starter ArchangelX
  • 52 comments
United States
Honolulu, Hawaii
My gosh...am I that bad in this car? I can't keep up the pace in the Huracan compared to the Nissan Gr.3 in FIA races. With traction set to zero...it is super touchy. I'm seriously sucking in this thing...I have a hard time keeping it straight and on the road.

So frustrating after switching for this Test Season. I really love the Lamborghini, but it's turning out that I can't drive it worth a crap.

My gosh...am I that bad in this car? I can't keep up the pace in the Huracan compared to the Nissan Gr.3 in FIA races. With traction set to zero...it is super touchy. I'm seriously sucking in this thing...I have a hard time keeping it straight and on the road.

So frustrating after switching for this Test Season. I really love the Lamborghini, but it's turning out that I can't drive it worth a crap.

It's twitchy as hell even with TC. There is a few cars like it, I have a feeling some cars are bugged as sometimes it's not twitchy at all then sometimes it's always wanting to drift.

It's definitely tough to drive compared to the 911 or the Beetle. I just got the Huracan from my daily workout and took it around Mt Panorama a few times. Was pretty hard keeping her on the track.

That's actually quite a relief to hear...I thought maybe I was just getting incredibly worse at GTS. I swear, I simply couldn't push it like I could the GT-R. I chose it for this week's Manufacturer's Cup because I love Lamborghini but man, I really regret it. It's not fun to drive at all.

That's actually quite a relief to hear...I thought maybe I was just getting incredibly worse at GTS. I swear, I simply couldn't push it like I could the GT-R. I chose it for this week's Manufacturer's Cup because I love Lamborghini but man, I really regret it. It's not fun to drive at all.

Pretty much every GT3 car minus the huracan and the 458 I can push really hard around the Nürburgring and do between 6:30 and 6:40 times. But the huracan and 458 I can't push hard because the rear of car feels completely detached from the from and just slides around everywhere. There is definitely a issue with those 2 cars specifically. It doesn't effect all mid rear cars though.

I just did a Google search. I should have done that before I chose my Manufacturer. Apparently, the Huracan is *****. Completely. :(

The Huracan Gr.3 will hopefully get an update in near future, but I just sign with Lamborghini yesterday for FIA S.02 (week 2) and tried it out yesterday on Nürburgring GP, it was pressty weird, but still enjoy the ride. Have abs standars, evrything else off and drive carefully with DS4. Ok, my result sucked, place 9/12, but still fun. Needs alot of prectise that car.

I was able to qualify okay with the 3 daily races I ran yesterday and the 1 manufacturer which was midpack because I let everyone pit out before me which gave me a clean track...but when it comes to the race and having to deal with others it's like driving on ice. It lessens your options and provides little safeguard. I had to just give corners up to overtaking because I couldn't press the issue and then of course, the constant saves I was having to do just put me at the back slowly.

This general feeling towards the car is the type of thing that would make me use it, but I've already chosen the Alfa 4C (MR engine layout). It's little lively but I love it. Not as bad as the Lambo mind you.

The 4C is fun...feels the closest to a real car to me. The Huracan feels like whoever made it gave up after the modeling.

I did manufacturers races with Ferrari and I found the Hurrican easier to drive than the 458, I honestly don't remember the last time I spun out in the Hurrican. But there are other Gr3 cars that are easier to drive.

I know it doesn't matter for Manufacturers races, but I think the Huracan is really dreadful when it comes to tire wear. I remember doing a Gr.3 daily race at Maggiore, and I actually had to pit in for new tires because that's how much wheelspin I was getting through corners. The car was becoming undriveable and I was only halfway through the bloody race. Pretty sure I finished dead last.

I know it doesn't matter for Manufacturers races, but I think the Huracan is really dreadful when it comes to tire wear. I remember doing a Gr.3 daily race at Maggiore, and I actually had to pit in for new tires because that's how much wheelspin I was getting through corners. The car was becoming undriveable and I was only halfway through the bloody race. Pretty sure I finished dead last.
Probably could be a good car, the default setup is just trash.

I love how touchy it is, I'm uploading my video at the moment of last week at Dragon Trail it's epic fun once you get the hang of the car! But maybe it'll be of help :)?

I've chosen Lamborghini again for test season 2 (Mainly to see where I came in season 1, #1 wooooo :D!) but I do love the challenge of it.

I love how touchy it is, I'm uploading my video at the moment of last week at Dragon Trail it's epic fun once you get the hang of the car! But maybe it'll be of help :)?

I've chosen Lamborghini again for test season 2 (Mainly to see where I came in season 1, #1 wooooo :D!) but I do love the challenge of it.
It sounds beautiful on the loading screen too :drool:

All cars with a MR engine are undrivable like the Huracan, 458 or R8 for example that's why nobody take these cars. PD has to fix it quickly!

The Ferrari is the greatest in the MR category in terms of stability. I see plenty of Ferrari drivers out there and they are doing good.

If you are good at sensing the car balance and know how to properly counter steer then MR cars have some real potential. But I wouldn’t recommend them to beginners, that’s for sure.

The Ferrari is the greatest in the MR category in terms of stability. I see plenty of Ferrari drivers out there and they are doing good.

If you are good at sensing the car balance and know how to properly counter steer then MR cars have some real potential. I wouldn’t recommend them to beginners, that’s for sure.
During FIA test season 1, I was usually the only Ferrari driver on the grid. Now I'm seeing 2-3 per race.

I race with a wheel with ABS off and TCS 0, and the car likes to kick its rear coming out of L or hairpin corners, gotta straighten that car out quick.

If you are good at sensing the car balance and know how to properly counter steer then MR cars have some real potential. But I wouldn’t recommend them to beginners, that’s for sure.
Tbh I would say the McLaren 650s GT3 is more stable well it atleast feels like it to me anyway

All cars with a MR engine are undrivable like the Huracan, 458 or R8 for example that's why nobody take these cars. PD has to fix it quickly!
The 911 RSR is probably the most popular GR. 3 car though. In Gr. 4 the 4C, GT by Citroën and Cayman are definitely not an uncommon sight.

If you use a ds4, try to lessen the steering sensitivity. I found that worked for me using another MR car (the Renault RS.01). It will still steer slower but when you do steer, it won't try to do a u-turn when pushing the stick all the way in a certain direction! :lol:

Thanks... I will check it out. I am more of a mid pack driver although I have been racing Sims for quite a while...since the 90s and GPL. I had a pretty serious surgery accident that messed up my right leg and gave me drop foot so I can't really compete with the best anymore. I just don't have the throttle response needed.

The 911 RSR is probably the most popular GR. 3 car though. In Gr. 4 the 4C, GT by Citroën and Cayman are definitely not an uncommon sight.

911 rsr is very balanced indeed. Quite easy to drive but no understeer. Its funny how different it is from other mr cars. You can make the rest of mr feel similar through tuning though - mainly bumb/ weight shift issue i think. I hope pdi changes this in future bop. GR4 huaracan is already very balanced with correct brake balance.

Gr4 cayman would be nice, but damn its slow on straights..

Latest Posts

Back