Huracan Gr.3 - is it touchy?

• Thread starter ArchangelX
  • 52 comments
Gave the Huracan Gr. 3 a spin at a few tracks. It feels like it's more demanding of your control, as in you need to control it better than how you control other cars. I drove it with TCS off, and I definitely had to watch how much power I was giving it when exiting turns. Feels more punishing than other cars.
This will be a fun car to get used to lol.

It's just that the default set-up is terrible, it can be easily tamed through tuning which unfortunately you can't do in Sport mode.

I picked Lamborghini for season 2 and the gr3 huracan is very fast once you get use to it
I'm with VW, the Beatle Gr3 is pretty good but last night in the Bathurst race I was outrunning this Hurracan through the hills but once I got onto the back straight the Lambo caught up to me everytime.

I don't think its a case of a bug or bad design, its the way you drive this car along with a few of the other powerful MR cars like the 458, someone mentioned this in another thread here (sorry I can't remember who or where) but these cars need to be driven differently through the corners. You can't just thrown them into a corner like you can with the FR cars as the weight is thrown around differently and you'll spin out, you obviously need to brake sooner but if done correctly your exit speed will be much better than FR cars. The key trick mentioned by the other user was that these cars need at least some acceleration through the corner, you can't let off and let them roll through the corner like you can with the FR cars or you'll spin out like everyone is saying here. This technique has helped me immensely with these cars, I've gone from hating them to loving them.

They will be more suited to high speed flowing tracks and cars like the beetle, RSR and some of the FR cars will probably be more suited to technical, slower speed tracks with tighter turns. It used to be all the obvious choices in the top 10 times, the "instantly easy to drive" cars but I'm seeing a lot more 458's, 650's, R8's in the top 10 times these days and I think the Huracan will follow soon once more people figure it out. Yes they are harder cars to drive but that's the point because the reward is greater. Its the same with the McLaren, I saw a lot of them popping up in the top times so I started to work on my driving in that as it is the easiest MR car to drive for me, once I was getting consistent best times with the 650 I moved to the 458, once I got the hang of the 458 I was taking nearly 1 second off my lap times, I moved to the Huracan and shaved off another 0.5 seconds. The thing is this is still while having a few bad corners so there is still room for improvement with the Huracan, I bested every sector in it just not all in one lap, its a hard beast to tame but I believe if you can consistently you'll be up there with the best. I went back to my favourite cars to make sure it wasn't me just getting better at the track and my times went back up roughly 1.5 seconds. This was all done in Sport mode qualifying time trial with BOP and fixed settings.

I remember at the start of this game being so disappointed by the Huracan, 458 and some other MR's, they felt like I was driving on ice, I fell into the trap of thinking "oh well, a few bad laps, this car is crap" when really every car is supposed to have its strengths and weaknesses and its up to us to take the time to really figure them out instead of asking PD to make all the cars handle relatively the same. There needs to be a reward for those who put in the time and effort to master a car and I think the Huracan and 458 could possibly be it.

I don't think its a case of a bug or bad design, its the way you drive this car along with a few of the other powerful MR cars like the 458, someone mentioned this in another thread here (sorry I can't remember who or where) but these cars need to be driven differently through the corners. You can't just thrown them into a corner like you can with the FR cars as the weight is thrown around differently and you'll spin out, you obviously need to brake sooner but if done correctly your exit speed will be much better than FR cars. The key trick mentioned by the other user was that these cars need at least some acceleration through the corner, you can't let off and let them roll through the corner like you can with the FR cars or you'll spin out like everyone is saying here. This technique has helped me immensely with these cars, I've gone from hating them to loving them.

They will be more suited to high speed flowing tracks and cars like the beetle, RSR and some of the FR cars will probably be more suited to technical, slower speed tracks with tighter turns. It used to be all the obvious choices in the top 10 times, the "instantly easy to drive" cars but I'm seeing a lot more 458's, 650's, R8's in the top 10 times these days and I think the Huracan will follow soon once more people figure it out. Yes they are harder cars to drive but that's the point because the reward is greater. Its the same with the McLaren, I saw a lot of them popping up in the top times so I started to work on my driving in that as it is the easiest MR car to drive for me, once I was getting consistent best times with the 650 I moved to the 458, once I got the hang of the 458 I was taking nearly 1 second off my lap times, I moved to the Huracan and shaved off another 0.5 seconds. The thing is this is still while having a few bad corners so there is still room for improvement with the Huracan, I bested every sector in it just not all in one lap, its a hard beast to tame but I believe if you can consistently you'll be up there with the best. I went back to my favourite cars to make sure it wasn't me just getting better at the track and my times went back up roughly 1.5 seconds. This was all done in Sport mode qualifying time trial with BOP and fixed settings.

I remember at the start of this game being so disappointed by the Huracan, 458 and some other MR's, they felt like I was driving on ice, I fell into the trap of thinking "oh well, a few bad laps, this car is crap" when really every car is supposed to have its strengths and weaknesses and its up to us to take the time to really figure them out instead of asking PD to make all the cars handle relatively the same. There needs to be a reward for those who put in the time and effort to master a car and I think the Huracan and 458 could possibly be it.

It only the 458 and hurucan specifically are the main culprits. Every other mid rear car you can throw into a corner perfectly fine and it's nice and stable. Those two the rear just wants to go it's like the traction control for those 2 cars isn't working correctly.

The only saving grace to my cntract is that the gr4 Lambo drives lovely! lol I plan to skip the gr3 races and aettle for getting my 3 scores in Gr4 this week!

It only the 458 and hurucan specifically are the main culprits. Every other mid rear car you can throw into a corner perfectly fine and it's nice and stable. Those two the rear just wants to go it's like the traction control for those 2 cars isn't working correctly.
Fair enough, maybe they're bugged for you and some others then. I thought they were for me too at first but then realised they need to be handled differently, but everyone experiences different bugs in this game so maybe you got unlucky with this particular one and got dodgy Huracan's and 458's.

I'm with VW, the Beatle Gr3 is pretty good but last night in the Bathurst race I was outrunning this Hurracan through the hills but once I got onto the back straight the Lambo caught up to me everytime.
That was probably me, she is a handful up the hill and down was worse, only easy parts are the straights

Forget traction control with them, it's more of a liability than a help. To get anything decent out of them you have to be almost drifting round corners, so power cutting in and out is not helpful!

I find them quite different to each other. Some similarities in the driving style - brake straight, have a little throttle applied while turning. But, while I happily did a couple of 10-lap races with the 458, the Huracan gets me half way round the lap and then decides to kill me. I can correct little errors with the 458 that I just can't with the Huracan - it feels heavier at the rear, and seems like once it's going, it's gone. On a quali lap I can drive it about as fast as the 458, possibly even quicker, but I can't do it anything like as reliably (using DS4, had 1:58.3 with the 458 and 1:58.4 with the Huracan, at Lago Maggiore).

Using the Gr.4 458 without TC first was good training for me.

Last edited:
Forget traction control with them, it's more of a liability than a help. To get anything decent out of them you have to be almost drifting round corners, so power cutting in and out is not helpful!

I find them quite different to each other. Some similarities in the driving style - brake straight, have a little throttle applied while turning. But, while I happily did a couple of 10-lap races with the 458, the Huracan gets me half way round the lap and then decides to kill me. I can correct little errors with the 458 that I just can't with the Huracan - it feels heavier at the rear, and seems like once it's going, it's gone. On a quali lap I can drive it about as fast as the 458, possibly even quicker, but I can't do it anything like as reliably (using DS4, had 1:58.3 with the 458 and 1:58.4 with the Huracan, at Lago Maggiore).

Using the Gr.4 458 without TC first was good training for me.

Huracan feels like someone randomly opens a DRS on the rear wing in high speed corners. Back just decides to slide as if its lost downforce. Recoverable, but loses soooooo much time its a waste of time trying to use it.

Huracan feels like someone randomly opens a DRS on the rear wing in high speed corners. Back just decides to slide as if its lost downforce. Recoverable, but loses soooooo much time its a waste of time trying to use it.

Yup, I did 10 more laps in quali with good ones being 1:58s, but too many bad ones of 2:05, 2:06, 2:09. I keep thinking I've got the hang of it then it bites me.

How do you find the 458?

Yup, I did 10 more laps in quali with good ones being 1:58s, but too many bad ones of 2:05, 2:06, 2:09. I keep thinking I've got the hang of it then it bites me.

How do you find the 458?
I cant say for sure (bad memory!) but laptimes on dragon trail seem in line with a “bop on” corvette. Wether it was consistent or not I dont know! lol

All cars with a MR engine are undrivable like the Huracan, 458 or R8 for example that's why nobody take these cars. PD has to fix it quickly!
I drove Audi for Test Season 1 and I'm with McLaren for Season 2. The R8 and 650S are great. I feel like the 650 is more stable due to a difference I feel in the transmission (longer gears?) but I can drive both quite well.

I've not touched the Huracan yet but I'm sure it can be done if you find the right way to drive it. As a few people have said in this thread already, not all cars are driven the same.

I have both the Gr4 and Gr3 Huracans in my garage, bought the 911 Gr3 and will probably buy either the Gr4 or Gr3 458. I'm getting the hang of both Huracans and can attack corners better now with TCS turned off but even for a second of getting aggressive the car can give in which happens a lot during races when someone is on your rear.

Just tried out the 458 at Interlagos and its ok. Twitchy in low speed corners, little light in high speed but not awful. Def not consistent for me though, prob partly due to being on controller and so automatically being less smooth and having less throttle travel/control. Not a car I would want to race in tbh, but when you hook it up it is very quick. Feels like a good driver of it could decimate a field tbh. This is with bop on.

All cars with a MR engine are undrivable like the Huracan, 458 or R8 for example that's why nobody take these cars. PD has to fix it quickly!

MR's were really bad in GT6. They were fine in GT5 though. I don't know why PD insists on making MR cars virtually undriveable.

I cant say for sure (bad memory!) but laptimes on dragon trail seem in line with a “bop on” corvette. Wether it was consistent or not I dont know! lol

Never mind consistent, I was losing ~10 secs on some laps with the Huracan!

Just tried out the 458 at Interlagos and its ok. Twitchy in low speed corners, little light in high speed but not awful. Def not consistent for me though, prob partly due to being on controller and so automatically being less smooth and having less throttle travel/control. Not a car I would want to race in tbh, but when you hook it up it is very quick. Feels like a good driver of it could decimate a field tbh. This is with bop on.

Cool, I'll try it there too, reckon that's not going to be it's most comfortable track. T1, for a start, quite hard to be even slightly on power there. Then, is it T6/T7?, the tightening double apex which I normally roll round off throttle in a FR, I can imagine it getting over-rotated there.

I drove Audi for Test Season 1 and I'm with McLaren for Season 2. The R8 and 650S are great. I feel like the 650 is more stable due to a difference I feel in the transmission (longer gears?) but I can drive both quite well.

I've not touched the Huracan yet but I'm sure it can be done if you find the right way to drive it. As a few people have said in this thread already, not all cars are driven the same.

I'll have to try the R8 and 650 again - we had them in the closed beta, but I didn't give them much of a chance and stuck with FR cars for Gr.3.

It's not that Huracan can't be done, it's just... is it worth the risk?! :lol:

My gosh...am I that bad in this car? I can't keep up the pace in the Huracan compared to the Nissan Gr.3 in FIA races. With traction set to zero...it is super touchy. I'm seriously sucking in this thing...I have a hard time keeping it straight and on the road.

So frustrating after switching for this Test Season. I really love the Lamborghini, but it's turning out that I can't drive it worth a crap.
Yo dude, I drive the Lamborghini huracán gt3 in GT Sport, and yes it's a very touchy car. It takes serious skill to drive it, but there is such a great reward waiting for those who master it's potential. The way it handles, you guys described as it wanting to drift around the turn, is one of it's strengths. I'm not talking about need for speed style drifting, I mean a very very minimal slight angle, that actually drives the car back into the corner when you time it right. Doing so creates a lot more grip exiting the corner when done right. The trick is to throw the car into the corner as controlled as possible, as wide as you can get it, aim for the middle of the turn, and apply just the right amount of throttle. You can turn the car past it's grip level, unlike a lot of the cars which just lock before it allows you to lose grip. Because you can do this, you can hit the corner at a higher speed and maintain that ever so slight drift. The way to master this is to NEVER fully let off the throttle, god don't do that. If you do, it really really makes the car upset and touchy, 10% throttle minimum. If you have to let off all the way, you didn't brake smoothly and far enough back. The car needs as perfect balance as possible, but its unique ability to be able to corner the way it does makes it a high risk high reward machine. That's why people in the real world race them. Granted many don't know that secret because the last thing you want is to push your car over the limit and crash. So most drivers don't exceed that grip limit, never discovering the true potential of the car. It's fast. On the way out of the corner, don't wait until you reach the top of the gear, and straighten the wheel, especially when shifting into or out of 2nd gear, the when the wheel is straightened enough, calculate it as best as you can (you'll get it over time it's a learned thing) and increase throttle to full throttle smoothly, not at once. And bam, you're as fast as possible for the car around turning. This car is so hard to learn, but it's incredible. I promise you, once you get the hang of it, this car is undoubtedly one of the fastest, and not just in a straight line like people think. I recommend this car only to those with top level skill, or you'll be into every wall around you. And remember, don't turn too hard or when you turn back it'll throw the car out of balance, and don't hold the limit for too long, you don't want to steer it like I described for too long, only long enough to get the car to the apex, and then shift your focus on the exit and keeping the car tidy. Again, the slide is as minimal as possible, and it's intended, and proven, that doing as I've described correctly, dives the car into the corner, making it incredibly agile in the right hands. Hope all that info helps, I had fun figuring it all out for myself, but even more fun being able to share my experience and wisdom to the best of my ability

My gosh...am I that bad in this car? I can't keep up the pace in the Huracan compared to the Nissan Gr.3 in FIA races. With traction set to zero...it is super touchy. I'm seriously sucking in this thing...I have a hard time keeping it straight and on the road. Also, you're not a bad driver. This car is just for the brave and crazy ones, hi

So frustrating after switching for this Test Season. I really love the Lamborghini, but it's turning out that I can't drive it worth a crap.

Back