Hybrid display for Honda Insight?

• Thread starter AP1
  • 9 comments

AP1

Honda's Insight is a hybrid vehicle which is featured in the GT4, but it does not get the same unique tach layout as its Prius relatives/rivals. Has PD offered an explanation for this?

The Prius' real dashboard display is the same one that the game uses. A Honda wouldn't use a Toyota dashboard display. I don't believe the Insight has such a display anyway and, unlike the Prius, it can't use the electric engine on its own.

Come on now, surely he didn't mean the Insight would use the dash from the Prius ;)
Anyway, both Gran Turismo Concept games have the Honda Dualnote (Acura DN-X) concept car which features a small battery meter, though GT4 doesn't have it.
Also the GT4 Motor Triathlon demo has a custom display for it's only car..

Edit:
http://images.motortrend.com/roadte...Honda_Insight+Interior_View_Gauge_Cluster.jpg
These are the Insight gauges, looks pretty complicated..
Prius:
http://images.motortrend.com/roadte...Toyota_Prius+Interior_View_Energy_Monitor.jpg

I actually owned a 2003 Honda Insight last year and the dash is all digital....and I mean ALL, nothing at all like the Prius' dash though. There were digital meters that would show your constant MPG according to how much gas you were giving it and what speed you were cruising. Another would show your "charge" which of course was your battery. But, we all know that this is a Hybrid, so, the more your charge meter was up, the more horsepower you would have. You would mostly charge up when you were slowing down, cruising a constant speed, or coming to a stop with the clutch not in. And as for fuel, I got around 64mpg hwy/58mpg city. Anyone ever checked out how much this thing weighs...lol AND ONE MORE FUN THING ABOUT THE INSIGHT!....the battery system was located behind the driver/passenger seats (Insight's a two seater)
covered with carpet....if you lift the carpet, you'll see a metal cover with a sticker on top which says, AND I QUOTE!..."DO NOT REMOVE METAL COVER, YOU WILL BE KILLED."

LoL....Yep, it was a nice car except for one little thing. Since the vehicle was half, or maybe slightly more than half electric powered, the car severly depends on the battery system. Now being that the battery module uses a nickel metal hydride system, it would eventualy start gaining memory, which is when a battery forgets how much charge it can hold. To avoid this, the vehicle drains the battery system empty and then recharges completely. The problem is, how much horsepower do you think the car had when the batteries empty? Put it this way, I'd have better get up and go in a Powerwheel!

Back