Genesis GV80 Coupe Concept debuts at the NYIAS

Fs0i_vtXsAEce94

Fs0jAGEWIAEu0CB

genesis-gv80-coupe-concept.jpg

Fs0i_XBXoAYz-LN

genesis-gv80-coupe-concept-live-image.jpg

genesis-gv80-coupe-concept-live-image.jpg
puke GIF

Genesis to renege on going all-electric, will introduce more future hybrid models. Less than 10% of all Genesis sales in 2023 were EV models. From this, it seems unlikely that brand will develop electric-only platforms like the GV60 in the near future, and given its poor sales, probably likely that will be discontinued within a few years.

Genesis announces their new performance sub-brand Magma and the GV60 Magma Concept

1711422111318.png

1711422155720.png

New to the scene is the GV60 Magma Concept, unveiled today ahead of the 2024 New York Auto Show and also destined for production. It won't be region-limited, though at this time Genesis doesn't have much in the way of production information. Nor do we have details on performance upgrades for the electric crossover, but we do know it will have an improved battery sending power to tweaked motors.

To make the most of what we assume is a lively power increase, the GV60 Magma Concept sits a bit lower and rides on a wider stance. It wears a revised front fascia with a wider air intake, designed not to feed a hungry engine but to cool down batteries, brakes, and motors. There are three holes punched into the fascia above the intake for additional cooling, and air curtains are designed to increase the GV60's efficiency through the wind.

Adding to the wide stance are larger fenders, and the concept rides on 21-inch wheels with integrated aero discs designed to both cool the brakes, and further aid in efficiency. Up top, roof fins perform more aerodynamic trickery, channeling air to the GV60's rear wing for better downforce. Inside, the leather interior gets more magma touches with orange contrast stitching and body-colored seatbacks.

"Genesis Magma presents an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of performance and luxury for new interpretations in high-performance vehicles, with the ultimate goal of developing models exclusive to Genesis," said Genesis Chief Creative Officer Luc Donckerwolke. "The brand will continue to reveal experimental concepts with careful consideration of both technological and aesthetic elements. While speed and performance are important, the Genesis Magma program will look beyond, prioritizing the driving experience to kindle the joy of sporty driving with effortless comfort."

Genesis Neolun Concept

1711422178910.png

1711422184166.png

1711422190655.png

So, Genesis, Magma, I guess the Magma sub brand will be something water based?

I can't wait for the Genesis Magma Poseidon G70.

Back