I cannot go any faster....

• Thread starter Ian JB
  • 34 comments
I was recently visiting a friend of mine and ended up going to one of his friends house, where the guy had a nice wheel + seat set up. I must say, the wheel allowed me to have much better control in general. It made the cruises much more fun since I was able to control the vehicle at close proximity to the other cars throughout the track (corners and all). Infact, I enjoyed actual races much more due to the wheel set up. It felt bit awkward getting back to the normal ds3 controller once I got back home (we spent few days over at their house).

It seems to me that using a hand-controller is practically a handicap in super-lap races where you really need pin-point steering control and a controlled throttle. Seriously, there should almost be two classes of wheel/no wheel. Who in the real world steers with a thumb? I'm not blaming anyone because I can't afford a wheel. That's just how it is. When I see how smooth and precise one can turn with a wheel, those thumbsticks are practically retarded. However, I do see some people who do turn rather fast times with a hand controller so maybe I just lack the skill. I refuse to go back to manual shifting (like I used to years ago) until I get a wheel. I'm set on eventually getting a wheel so I'm not wasting my time with MT on a controller again.

It seems to me that using a hand-controller is practically a handicap in super-lap races where you really need pin-point steering control and a controlled throttle. Seriously, there should almost be two classes of wheel/no wheel. Who in the real world steers with a thumb? I'm not blaming anyone because I can't afford a wheel. That's just how it is. When I see how smooth and precise one can turn with a wheel, those thumbsticks are practically retarded. However, I do see some people who do turn rather fast times with a hand controller so maybe I just lack the skill. I refuse to go back to manual shifting (like I used to years ago) until I get a wheel. I'm set on eventually getting a wheel so I'm not wasting my time with MT on a controller again.

Yep. Now that I had the chance to play using a wheel, I started to spot the subtle jerk-like movements while using the ds3 controller (which I never really noticed prior to using a wheel set up).

I am waiting for GT Sports to come out for PS4. GT6 is the only reason why I still play on PS3. I guess I will start browsing the GT Sports side of the forum to see what the fuss is about. I really hope that the GT Sport will include more premium mode (interior designs) on the vehicles. Due to the name, 'sport', I have a feeling that there won't be as much of vehicles like the GT6. But I don't know much about the GT Sport so...

I ended up quitting the game a while back because I wasn't seeing any improvements. Just got back on today. I may end up being faster than before once I get warmed up, or I may be stuck at the same pace. I just think I don't have a brain that can comprehend how to go faster. I try to use the same setups as people, drive the same way, brake and accelerate in the same areas, and i still can't keep up.
I know, it's frustrating. Just select stock cars, no set ups, try to get better at your own way of driving & enjoy the game.

Been playing since Gt1, Gold all licence tests or as close as possible, Ill tell you why there are practically no variables, so then at least you know you're a competent driver. Next car selection and tuning. Some cars are bullet fast with sticky tyres but whack med/hards in an enduro and you're in the kitty litter.
I've Always used a hand controller and remember, its not unusual to spend an hour a day for 3 weeks to gold a license test not in GT world anyway.

Back