I can't believe people care what a console looks like..

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 36 comments
Toyota Prius is not that bad. :D
hghgc.jpg

You're missing the point, which has nothing to do with form following fuction, rather the appearance being attractive to a person. Forget function, why is it different to care about how much you like the look of a car?

Not everyone does care about that, but a lot do. There's absolutely nothing wrong with caring about what a games console will look like either. The appearance of an object does and always will influence a large portion of consumers choices.

It's part of who we are, we are more attracted (not sexually I hope) to things we think look nice. The more we care about that object, the more we will care about what it looks like. That's why some people like a house with character, a car with a nice shape or a console that will look nice in their TV cabinet. Function counts for a lot, but so does aesthetics.
Oh I see. I thought you were talking about form vs. function here so that's why I said that. But yes, I do get your point more clearly now.

...which is probably why we all love the Toyota Prius. Efficient aerodynamics, lots of interior space. What else could you want from a car design?
Maybe a design that's built to withstand time.

The Xbox is still a great big fugly elongated box that has zero visually redeeming features, Why would you want to buy something expensive for it to just be an eyesore? Speaking as a console collector I'd never buy one even if it wasn't an Xbox, I like to have my consoles on display because each of them has at least some visual appeal.

The Xbox is still a great big fugly elongated box that has zero visually redeeming features, Why would you want to buy something expensive for it to just be an eyesore? Speaking as a console collector I'd never buy one even if it wasn't an Xbox, I like to have my consoles on display because each of them has at least some visual appeal.

I think you wouldn't buy the USbox judging from your post, no matter what..

I think you wouldn't buy the USbox judging from your post, no matter what..
I might get round to buying an Original Xbox at some point because it has some design to it but beyond that Microsoft really do make ugly consoles.

Back