I don't like Volvos, but...

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 35 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
...I have to admit the European Touring Car Championship Volvo S60 does look pretty good...

s60etcc.jpg

09.jpg

not bad, but the S40 was a much nicer looking car!

don't forget those 850 Wagons!!! :lol:

I think it's a bit too high... but the rims are awesome!

Haha, the 850 wagon was pretty cool!

I remember seeing the 850 wagon at Phillip Island in the Australian super touring champs - I still remember hearing that poor thing wheelspinning on the way out of the southern loop - 50/50 weight distribution is great - when you're rear drive...

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
I think it's a bit too high... but the rims are awesome!

I think that's a function of the new rules. Good call on the wheels though - one thing I loved about the BTCC was mid-size sedans running ridiculous rim sizes that needed about 20 degrees of negative camber just to fit in the wheel wells.

Sigh...I wish SpeedTV would show the ETCC... :( But it would probably infringe on some quality NASCAR programming. :mad:

I just took a look at the site you got these pictures from (swedespeed.com), and thought I would post this one as well. Volvo's sure do make nice-looking racecars! :) I don't think I've seen them on the track before...

02.jpg

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
How can you say Volvos are ugly? They are sweet! My friend has one, they are fast and sound cool. Its a wagon!

Well, no-one in the thread actually did call Volvo's ugly, but you've got to admit - prior to the S80 there were some pretty ordinary looking cars in that range (wait - having 240 wagon flashback.... AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!)

Originally posted by vat_man

Well, no-one in the thread actually did call Volvo's ugly, but you've got to admit - prior to the S80 there were some pretty ordinary looking cars in that range (wait - having 240 wagon flashback.... AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!)

Hey! My dad drives an S80!

Originally posted by vat_man

Yeah! That right - hang on (checks specs on Australian V8 Supercars) - oops....

I drove a couple of 740 Estates as taxis, and they were particularly susceptible to spinning the inside rear out of junctions, especially the autos. Basically meant you had to be really gentle on the throttle until you got the car straight.

That touring car does look pretty nice....the only good volvos are the S40 and the C70 but i kinda like that one.

I must confess I actually really like the styling of the new S60 - not enough to overcome the Volvo stigma, but they are a really eye-catching sedan. I just wish Volvo wouldn't bring them out in those horrid colours - I mean, what is the caper with that washed out yellow?

Originally posted by Dudebusta
and brown :lol:
Oh yeah!!!

I saw a brown S60 on Sydney's north shore on the weekend!!!

I might pop over and see if Volvo have their colour range on-line.

Mmm - lots of mustards?

Back