I feel sorry for people who play the game with TV's default speakers.

  • Thread starter Thread starter hot_cheese
  • 71 comments
  • 6,367 views
I use my tv's Trusurround HD - don't need any speakers!

:lol: Sorry, but some kind of sorround is still far from a good set-up, I would even affirm that my 2.0 system sounds more impressive.
 
Use it with my 7.1 with Polk RTi A7 up front. <3 it. Would not be the same experience
 
I'll admit the whiney transmission sound spoils some of the sound quality and that a with a decent 5.1 the sound if you hit the wall is damn loud. Also some cars sound better than others ie the 69 Camaro and Ferrari P4 are fantastic.

I've got mine running through a 7.1 setup with Tannoys for front and centre, Mission 12" sub and Missions in the middle and rear and with the sound setup in the the GT Menu it makes a huge difference, that said as I play it mostly at night I rarely get to wind it up so it's a pair of Sennheisers that do for most of the time.

I reckon even a cheap 5.1 would make a big difference. Now all I wouldlike is a Fannatec setup with a racing seat. :)

Nail, meet head.

Yes you hit the bullseye my friend, I drove my '69 as far as I could without the expensive tranny, when I got It I was devastated, like someone put an old 9.6V Makita in my headrest.
 
I have a 6.1 (it usually defaults to 5.1) and it sounds good but not great. The audio overall is fairly disappointing. But any surround sound is better than just using your tv.
 
I have an 'LG' 850w 5.1 channel digital surround sound system that I bought solely for GT5 and it's the best money I ever spent.
 
:lol: Sorry, but some kind of sorround is still far from a good set-up, I would even affirm that my 2.0 system sounds more impressive.


My TV has 5.1 Dolby Digital sound...
 
I think that those that dont have a decent sound system are really missing out and maybe thats why they complain about the sounds. I have an average 5.1 setup and I cringe when Im at someone else place listening to TV speakers. TVs make great picture, they do no make great sound. I have never heard a TV and been impressed.
 
I dont have an all singing 5.1 system but i do have a creative gigaworks T20 hooked up to my PS3 TV so i get pretty decent quality audio.
 
I have a very nice surround sound setup and though there is some cool Doppler effect and a braud sound spectrum from deep base to high treble, and it takes good advantage of the rear speakers... but most cars still sound like a jar of angry bees next to a sewing machine... and any mods just adjust the pitch, not change the sound.

The only car that I have found that sounds consistently good is the 69 Camaro, stock or RM'd...

The audio needs some serious work... Japanese games seem to intentionally put weak SFX in games for some reason... Sorta like everything Japanese needs something cute and fuzzy in it to make up for anything remotely adult about a story...
 
Last edited:
I think that those that dont have a decent sound system are really missing out and maybe thats why they complain about the sounds. I have an average 5.1 setup and I cringe when Im at someone else place listening to TV speakers. TVs make great picture, they do no make great sound. I have never heard a TV and been impressed.

👍

As TVs have got slimmer and lighter, the speakers within them have too. And good speakers are heavy, so the better the picture, the worse the speakers.
 
I got me some $20 Sony headphones. They rock. I've got no space for a massive speaker setup so headphones get the job done. (and they do it to great effect too)
 
Any ideas on what tv to buy to make the standards look better.
 
I've got an X-rocker gaming chair. GT5 sounds brilliant on it.
 
Any ideas on what tv to buy to make the standards look better.

looked at a vizio led with 240hz refresh rate, whoa, that's the tv. No shadows, very smooth action, textures. if budget is not a problem.

Regarding tv speakers: I don't know why they have speakers, haven't we all moved on? think of the materials we could save if they just deleted them! saving the planet 1 speaker at a time. I mean in the case of nuclear fallout and complete anarchy we might revert back to tv speakers.
 
Turtle beach, and i also have surround sound.

top gamer.
 
My TV has 5.1 Dolby Digital sound...

So what? Sorround isn't everything, you need a deep bass, clear treble and a good dynamic frequence range. TV Speakers sound bad, always.
 
looked at a vizio led with 240hz refresh rate, whoa, that's the tv. No shadows, very smooth action, textures. if budget is not a problem.

Regarding tv speakers: I don't know why they have speakers, haven't we all moved on? think of the materials we could save if they just deleted them! saving the planet 1 speaker at a time. I mean in the case of nuclear fallout and complete anarchy we might revert back to tv speakers.

Although some of us like or would like to have a fancy surround sound setup doesn't mean the next person would. Im not trying to have a pop at you , I am merely pointing out that everybody's needs are different. :)
 
Although some of us like or would like to have a fancy surround sound setup doesn't mean the next person would. Im not trying to have a pop at you , I am merely pointing out that everybody's needs are different. :)

I appreciate that, thanks. I guess what I meant to say is for many of us, if we had a choice would prefer no speakers on a t.v., they take up space and add unwarranted costs. Which is probably why they don't put them on most computer monitors.
 
If you've got a properly configured 5.1 setup, change the default surround settings from 'Living Room' to either the small or large home theatre selections (forget exactly what they're called). I found this opened up the dynamic range and discrete audio cues output to the surround speakers.
The low end is significantly increased as well. I'm guessing a great deal of the complaining is from people who don't realize there is dynamic compression on by default.
 
The engine and exhaust sound might not be 100% accurate in the game but you need to play this game with at least a 5.1 surround sound set up. 2.1 or TV's speaker just ruins it.

I didn't hook up my speakers until recently, what a HUGE difference. In bumper cam, I can hear the wind noise up front, I can hear the transmission from the center speaker and engine and exhaust sound from the rear speaker. When I use the TV's 2 channels sound, all I can hear is really the transmission. Being able to hear every sound effect adds so much to the game.

If you can't get surround sound systems, at least invest in a decent surround sound headphone. It'll do just fine.

Im using some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 in my room but also have some ol Creative Labs Gigaworks S750s 7.1 just collecting dust in the living room.

Any one have good recommendations for surround sound gaming heaphones?
(If too pricey, I might have to just get off my lazy @$$ and just switch to the Cambridge Soundsworks system. )

Anyone have BOTH surround speaker setup AND some surround heaphones? Which do you prefer and why?
 
It is, however, their fault that an affordable and abundant muscle car like the regular '68-'69 Plymouth RoadRunner with the 383 block isn't in there - I loooove that car and aspire to own a nice and original looking one someday.

Would love to see this too. My father has a (modified) 383 block Roadrunner in the garage - wonderful beast of a car!
 
Mhh this thread makes me to buy some cheap 5.1 system... Just took a short look in Amazon and found the Onkyo SKS HT 528 5.1 wich have 4 1/2 star rating and it costs "only" 150,-€... Anything cheaper out there?

I dont know anything about how to connect the PS3 to it. Do I have 5.1 sound with PS3 games and Blu-Rays with the Onkyo SKS HT 528 5.1 ??
 
You obviously haven't heard my Naim and B&W 805S 2.1 setup. GT5 is outstanding on it.
 
Back