I Hate Karts!

• Thread starter ALB123
  • 72 comments
Karts are all about teaching momentum preservation. Don't bump into the opposition, don't brake too late or too hard.

The shifter karts were the only tricky ones for me, but it's all about preserving that momentum, driving accurately, not hitting anything, taking the correct lines.

GT's AI in general doesn't teach you anything about racecraft, because they are just mobile objects, so you get into the habit of bashing them out of the way. Karts don't give you that luxury, you have to get past the AI without losing momentum.

Carts are OK. Have to be in the right mindset though...

My game locks up on the 125 cart race in International License B area. Guess I won't get a chance to do this one. Waa...

Carts are OK. Have to be in the right mindset though...

My game locks up on the 125 cart race in International License B area. Guess I won't get a chance to do this one. Waa...

OMG i thought i was the only guy that has that problem , whats up with that i cant finish the game cause of the dam karts is there a solution for this ?
THe game frozes every time i go to play the championship no matter what .

Does anyone actually like karting in GT6? Do you actually race karts outside of Career Mode?

I hated them too but after I got good to win all the stars, they've became one of my favourite things in GT6. They're super light-weight, have great handling but acceleration is lousy (not for the Shifter though).
Besides if someone's having troubles winning those races, just follow the driving line and brake/accelerate with care in corners, GT6's AI always slows down in last two laps too.

I am with the OP. I am a GT junkie but those kart races are something else. I think it has to do with the fact that you aren't really accelerating so you don't pay attention to that just the line and braking. It is kinda boring for me because all i do is try to stay in an aggressive line repetitively... No need to react to mistakes because there aren't very many.

I am with the OP. I am a GT junkie but those kart races are something else. I think it has to do with the fact that you aren't really accelerating so you don't pay attention to that just the line and braking. It is kinda boring for me because all i do is try to stay in an aggressive line repetitively... No need to react to mistakes because there aren't very many.
A good close kart race can be a huge rush, though. Try a race at Suzuka with around a dozen karts within half a second of each other. The entire affair devolves into a NASCAR-style slipstreaming battle, except with turns and a lot more track room. You'll be lucky to spend a minute in the lead.

A good close kart race can be a huge rush, though. Try a race at Suzuka with around a dozen karts within half a second of each other. The entire affair devolves into a NASCAR-style slipstreaming battle, except with turns and a lot more track room. You'll be lucky to spend a minute in the lead.
Another fun race is on Nurburgring 24h. One lap is an endurance!

Another fun race is on Nurburgring 24h. One lap is an endurance!
The Nurb was one of my favorite places to race karts in GT5. With tire wear, fuel consumption and full damage on, it became a battle of attrition due to the bumpiness and technicality of the track. You had to be spot-on perfect to avoid spinning and crashing.

I still loveee these karts. I love hot lapping them the most. Getting some perfect gear ratios for a corner in which all you have to do is downshift and not even let off the gas is amazing to feel. Anybody agree?

I race them every tuesday. Sha'll we the kart lovers, creat a lap time record thread for karts? Nothing too serious, just for fun.
I would up for it, because no seasonals. And a couple rules obviously. No driving aids and cutting the track sound good to me. :)

I still loveee these karts. I love hot lapping them the most. Getting some perfect gear ratios for a corner in which all you have to do is downshift and not even let off the gas is amazing to feel. Anybody agree?

I race them every tuesday. Sha'll we the kart lovers, creat a lap time record thread for karts? Nothing too serious, just for fun.
I would up for it, because no seasonals. And a couple rules obviously. No driving aids and cutting the track sound good to me. :)
Good idea!

Back