I Hate Karts!

• Thread starter ALB123
  • 72 comments
Karts can be annoying (especially the shifter ones), but good thing they are totally optional. Besides variety is good.

I hated the karts at first but once you learn how to drive them, theyre pretty fun. The key is learning how to keep up your momentum and braking as late as possible.
I actually found the karts to be much easier than the Red Bull races.

I am quite certain that I will not be able to finish GT6 due to karts..
The rest of the races will take me some time, but kars will take forever I'm afraid.

I find it odd that some people have trouble with the karts, sure they take a few minutes to get used to but they are really pretty easy. A couple of the track layouts in the GT Arena make it a little hard at first but it only takes a few laps to get a feel for those.

I think one of the issues some people have is pressing to much, if you just drive the kart within its limits all the races in career mode are easy. They even added assists to them in one of the updates making them even easier.

I wonder how those who struggle with karts could ever drive the FGT or the X1s or even the LMPs

Ι didn't have much trouble with the kart events. I actually like them. By the way, I race karts IRL too :D

I find it odd that some people have trouble with the karts, sure they take a few minutes to get used to but they are really pretty easy. A couple of the track layouts in the GT Arena make it a little hard at first but it only takes a few laps to get a feel for those.

I think one of the issues some people have is pressing to much, if you just drive the kart within its limits all the races in career mode are easy. They even added assists to them in one of the updates making them even easier.

I wonder how those who struggle with karts could ever drive the FGT or the X1s or even the LMPs
This... this exactly!

I am quite certain that I will not be able to finish GT6 due to karts..
The rest of the races will take me some time, but kars will take forever I'm afraid.

I assure you, I am of "average" skill in GT6 but I was able to get through the karts. Granted, on a couple events I ended up going the wimpy route and engaged TCS up to 2 on the tighter course. But, the best advice I can give you is do not go full throttle around a few of the sweeping corners and you'll maintain better grip (no sliding) and you will prevail in time.

What I did was go into an arcade mode time trial on the tracks I knew I'd have to run in the 3 event Championship and I just ran lap after lap after lap - eventually it starts becoming muscle memory. I wouldn't say that muscle memory lasted past that evening, but it got me through the events.

Karts are pretty enraging imo, why is my kart much slower than everyone elses off the line? Is there a secret KERS button I'm missing? Also, I don't like how you still have to do kart racing half way through career, I'd rather be playing with hardcore racers or sports/supercars by that point... but that's just me. They can be kinda fun to thrash round in some races I suppose.

I'm completely stuck on the International B "GT Kart Championship 125." I've beaten the entirety of the IB class except for this series and I just can't beat the first or last race in this series. Even with SRF and TC1. These races are so much harder than anything else in the IB class (which is generally very easy).

So I searched the forums to see if anyone had any sage advice on driving these infernal POSs. At least I found this old thread with some commiserating over how terrible they are. :)

I'm completely stuck on the International B "GT Kart Championship 125." I've beaten the entirety of the IB class except for this series and I just can't beat the first or last race in this series. Even with SRF and TC1. These races are so much harder than anything else in the IB class (which is generally very easy).

So I searched the forums to see if anyone had any sage advice on driving these infernal POSs. At least I found this old thread with some commiserating over how terrible they are. :)
I also thought it was impossible for me (I golded everything else, even the 24min endurance, and kept this kart championship for last). I kept bumping everywhere and I always quit the race halfway.
But then I realized I just had to race clean. The right amount of steering, the right amount of braking, don't get out of the track, don't bump into the walls, don't bump into the karts, stay behind them and eventually they will let you pass.

In the end it was a lot easier than I thought!!! Really.

On a few Silverstone corners you don't even need to brake, just slow down a little bit and turn. Risk cornering without braking. You can restart as many times as you want.
On GT Arena brake hard, depending on the angle of the corner.

Keep practicing, learn the track, maybe you'll need 2 or 3 tries to get it right.

Last edited:
The only Kart race i really hated is the final one (i think the Shifter one's) which i made a thread about it back then and found a way to do it so it became way easier.

I don't hate the Karts itself, i just (was) hate the Shifter Kart event.

Karts don't translate well on GT6 because when you drive it in real, the weight transfer is supposed to be part of the driving style, with that gone and force feedback no where near what would be experienced you get all the response of the go kart with next to any feel what so ever.

It's honestly pretty terrible.

Karts don't translate well on GT6 because when you drive it in real, the weight transfer is supposed to be part of the driving style, with that gone and force feedback no where near what would be experienced you get all the response of the go kart with next to any feel what so ever.

It's honestly pretty terrible.
I completely agree with you. Add that to the fact that the AI drivers are terrible in this game even on a big wide-open race track and you've got a recipe for mayhem. My biggest frustration lays with the fact that karting is mandatory in the Career Mode. And not just in the Novice class (where it belongs, like in real life), but all the way up into International A which is the last step before reaching S-Class, or Super Class, the pinnacle of GT6 driver's licenses.

Kart races never held me up from being to advance from license level to license level, but that is only because you don't have to complete everything to advance. You just need to obtain a certain number of stars before you can take your driver's license test(s) for further levels. Still, they have help me up from winning those bonus cars you get for get all gold in a particular license category. Maybe once every 90-100 days I go back and do an event that I haven't yet, like a kart race or an off-road rally race (I don't like those only because my DFGT feels like it's going to explode when I'm driving off-road). So karting hasn't hindered my progression much. I honestly don't care about being able to tell the forum "Look at me! I got 100% completion in GT6!"

The only thing that could have been, in my opinion, would have been if PD made drifting an integral part of Career Mode. I think there was that one drifting tutorial / coffee break challenge and I'm pretty sure I was able to do it. It was way back in the Novice level, I think. Anyway, I'll admit it...I suck at drifting in this game. If I wanted to I would practice and I am certain I would get considerably better at it. The level of desire to do so is at zero, so I don't even bother looking at the information for the Weekly Seasonal Drifting Events.

Does anyone actually like karting in GT6? Do you actually race karts outside of Career Mode?
Yes sometimes online with friends it can be fun to race them (not on karting tracks though because those tracks are so boring)

If you need hints and tips about karts try here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/kart-racing-most-frustrating-races-in-gt6.295407/

Contributed on July the 8th to this thread and now that it has been woken from the Forum Neverlands, I thought about it for a second and yup, I still hate karts in GT6 and have still not completed any of the events. No sleep lost either so far ...

I hate karts so much! I hate how they handle and it's so easy to mess up (I use a Controller). I hate the races because it's so hard to catch up in such a short time. The tight kart space courses suck too. The larger kart courses I'm ok at though.

Honestly? The karts using a controller are GARBAGE. But when you bust out a wheel? SOOOO GOOOD. Some of the most fun I had on GT5. It's a shame they aren't able to be used on tracks with dynamic time and weather, even if they are set to static. =[

Karts make me sick, literally. I'm prone to motion sickness and any arena kart event makes me dizzy. I'm OK on the short outdoor tracks, but any arena event is a no-go. They look like fun, I just can't handle the spinning around.

Honestly? The karts using a controller are GARBAGE. But when you bust out a wheel? SOOOO GOOOD. Some of the most fun I had on GT5. It's a shame they aren't able to be used on tracks with dynamic time and weather, even if they are set to static. =[
Well, for what it's worth, I got a G27 recently and I still hate them. :)

Project CARS has karts, I think they are great fun personally. You really have to be good with the throttle around corners not to swap ends.

Back