I have a problem with GTS, help needed!

• Thread starter nummer0
  • 14 comments
Serbia
Serbia
Hey everyone.

I just got GTS Spec II discs from a friend (he bought the game used) and after downloading all 16GB of data I'm greeted by the following error: Login authentication error NE-82E00064.

I couldn't find ANYTHING online about that issue. My connection is good, never had any problems but as soon as I enter GTS - it automatically logs me out of PSN.

Is it possible that my game copy is jinxed? Maybe my friend (who bought the game used) got banned and so my game is unable to start? I would be very grateful if anyone could help.

I can't seem to decypher what does that error code mean, can anyone help me?

Is it possible that noone has ever had this error code? And that it's not possible to help me decypher it?

Last edited:
16GB sounds a bit small for GTS. Have you updated the game to the latest version?

Edit: GTS on my console is using 115GB (gulp) so you probably need to update it. I don't think you can use online features (even career mode) until you do.

Last edited:
It's Spec II, I have 2 discs.

Now I'm playing and after every load screen it's spamming me with popups that I'm offline...

Last edited:
Spec ii is a couple of years old so there's more updating to be done. It has to be the latest version to be able to save the game anyway.

Last edited:
I will try making an UK account, since so far I'm using Irish flag.
But I'm baffled, since the game kicks me out of PSN right upon starting the game.

Last edited:
I will try making an UK account, since so far I'm using Irish flag.
But I'm baffled, since the game kicks me out of PSN right upon starting the game.
Yeah, I'm baffled too (but that's not hard :dopey:). Hopefully someone can help but I'd suggest you're probably better off trying an American or Japanese one as UK would be the same region as Ireland.

Hmmm, I just read an article that says the actual discs aren't region locked.

Last edited:
after downloading all 16GB of data
Spec II contains everything up to May 2019 only. That means it predates the updates which add Spa, Laguna Seca, the Sardegna Road circuits (three of them), maybe Goodwood (which came at the end of May 2019), the rain tracks, the Lewis Hamilton DLC, the Olympics stuff... and all the cars. I'd have to go back and manually add it all up, but 16GB sounds... low.

What's the current version number on your install? It should be v1.68.

Whether it was or wasn't, using my Irish account it didn't allow me to go online at all, as I've written, as soon as I booted the game up - it signed me out of PSN.

Game version is 1.68, game size is 106GB.

Last edited:
Whether it was or wasn't
It is definitively not.
using my Irish account it didn't allow me to go online at all, as I've written
Ireland is in the same region as the United Kingdom, so even if it is region-locked - which it isn't - that wouldn't make any sense as an explanation.

That means that there is clearly another issue at play, and switching to a different account is merely masking that error. NE is a network error code, but after that I've no idea. Try contacting PlayStation support on Twitter.

Back