I have driven all 488 cars around Nordschleife.

• Thread starter TUSMBOX
  • 32 comments
United States
United States
TUSMBOX
June 6th of 2022 was the first of 96 sessions where I set off on a mission to drive every GT7 car around Nordschleife. 535 days later, I finished my journey. Every road car was done with Comfort Soft tires or lower, and race cars used Racing Hards or lower (except the Tomahawk X). I started with just GT7, but eventually branched out into other games. Each lap has been documented and uploaded to Youtube.

/brag

June 6th of 2022 was the first of 96 sessions where I set off on a mission to drive every GT7 car around Nordschleife. 535 days later, I finished my journey. Every road car was done with Comfort Soft tires or lower, and race cars used Racing Hards or lower (except the Tomahawk X). I started with just GT7, but eventually branched out into other games. Each lap has been documented and uploaded to Youtube.

/brag
Every road car ? even the supercars ?

I've been doing the same thing since GT5. One lap of the Nords stock, then fully tuned on another test track of my choosing (GT5 was Trial Mt, GT6 was Silverstone, GT Sport was DTS and GT7 Deep Forest). Have another 150 odd cars left to do, then I still have the engine swapped cars. I didn't note my times tho, it was just for fun and I'm not a good enough driver to guarantee consistency over a 20 km lap.

I think you should redo the laps with default tyres the car comes in with. Supercars on Comfort tyres isn't how the car is intended to be driven from the factory and they will be severely handicapped handling and traction wise. Most supercars should be SH, and modern semislick tyres like the Michelin Cup 2R or Pirelli Trofeo R are equivalent to SM. RH for race cars is fine, but old race cars on bias ply tyres would be more accurate on SS tyres.

I would also redo the cars that were done with old physics. The earlier physics were way more oversteery, especially with MR cars. You'll notice a huge laptime difference.

Also if you're doing this in Time Trial, the wind direction changes and can impact top speed and handling. Best to do it in Custom Race with 1 AI (pick a super slow car so it won't bother you) and set conditions to constant. And put tyre wear and fuel consumption to 1x. With GT7 I find a lot of cars handle more realistically with fuel weight and tyre temps enabled.

/brag

Pretty cool. I've done sth. very similar by actually hot lapping every single car in GT Sport on the Nordschleife, and hot lapping every new to GT7 car in...well in GT7. In GT Sports case I used only SH tyres on road cars and only RH tyres on race cars. In GT7 I simply used the stock tyres for all cars.

Props for using CS tyres on all street cars though! That 70's Countach must've been hell haha.

So, what were some of your favourites? :)

That's my thread for GT Sport btw. :)

Last edited:

/brag
Wow...Why???

That's awesome, enjoying your comments in the spreadsheet. :D

Fun?

Yep, Nordschleife is my favourite track/circuit, and quite enjoy hot lapping, or racing in random cars. At least 75% on my time is spent on it.

At least since psvr2. Used to hate it before that!

Last edited:
I (want to) race all cars in a two lap race with 30x time with same make and tune around the nordschleife too. I do it in fully tuned cars (no nos though), strong anti turbo lag when available, racing soft tires and max downforce (lowering the car height to minimum), it makes wonderful stupid races :D

After the nordschleife I want to do this with watkins glen :D

And put tyre wear and fuel consumption to 1x. With GT7 I find a lot of cars handle more realistically with fuel weight and tyre temps enabled
Wow, that is a new piece of information for me!

I didn't know, that tyre temps are only enabled when tyre wear is enabled...

Oh great I'm not crazy and only one doing this 😅

By far my favorite track and I like to take cars in bone stock condition(tires too) to the track and do a hotlaping.

I document every car and time in sheet and then I categorize them per drivetrain/layout and per PP in increments of 50(cars from 400-450pp etc)

You mark this as a brag, but I don't really see it that way. A brag suggests it's something to be proud of, but I am proud that I haven't done that.

To each their own, but I don't really see how this is a brag-able thing?
He marked it as brag because he is proud of it. Your opinion on what he can/should be proud of is moot. But, every thread where someone is happy about something needs a Negative Nancy trying to pull them down... it is the internet after all. :)

Last edited:
Totally agree with Talon here. Totally unnecessary to put a person down over something they are proud of having accomplished.

I have learned that this game has many ways in which people enjoy it.

Some just want to have some casual driving, some want to make nice photos some just want to have a quick race every now and then.

For the more competitive people there are many ways too. Some want to own every car, some want to gold every event, some want to get to A+ DR in multiplayer, some want to drive every single car on the Nordschleife. All of these approaches are valid. And it's totally fine to be proud of having achieved their individual goal.

Kudos to you TUSMBOX.

A brag suggests it's something to be proud of, but I am proud that I haven't done that.
He's done something interesting and time consuming that has some kind of tangible output, all it took for you to achieve what you're proud of is the absence of any time, thought, or effort, there's literally nothing to be proud of there.

I've been doing the same thing since GT5. One lap of the Nords stock, then fully tuned on another test track of my choosing (GT5 was Trial Mt, GT6 was Silverstone, GT Sport was DTS and GT7 Deep Forest). Have another 150 odd cars left to do, then I still have the engine swapped cars. I didn't note my times tho, it was just for fun and I'm not a good enough driver to guarantee consistency over a 20 km lap.

I think you should redo the laps with default tyres the car comes in with. Supercars on Comfort tyres isn't how the car is intended to be driven from the factory and they will be severely handicapped handling and traction wise. Most supercars should be SH, and modern semislick tyres like the Michelin Cup 2R or Pirelli Trofeo R are equivalent to SM. RH for race cars is fine, but old race cars on bias ply tyres would be more accurate on SS tyres.

I would also redo the cars that were done with old physics. The earlier physics were way more oversteery, especially with MR cars. You'll notice a huge laptime difference.

Also if you're doing this in Time Trial, the wind direction changes and can impact top speed and handling. Best to do it in Custom Race with 1 AI (pick a super slow car so it won't bother you) and set conditions to constant. And put tyre wear and fuel consumption to 1x. With GT7 I find a lot of cars handle more realistically with fuel weight and tyre temps enabled.
A lot to unpack here. Here goes.

I did CS tires as roadbeef, a.k.a. Tristan Bayless did the same thing when he did something similar. When I asked, he said something along the lines of more realistic braking distances. I fully understand that super cars and hyper cars shouldn't be on CA tires, but it helped a bit with consistency.

Without looking at the spreadsheet, there are will over 200 laps that were done on older physics. I briefly contemplated restarting after the last physics update, but I decided against it. Perhaps in the future, I'll get to re-running them.

I've also complained about inconsistent conditions in time trial. Didn't think to use custom race to solve that, something else to consider in the future.

So, what were some of your favourites? :)

Ferrari F50, Porsche Cayman GT4, Ferrari 330 P4, basically anything in Gr.1 and 2.

Wow...Why???
I wanted to buy every car, and I said I would drive every car. I was inspired by roadbeef to run them on Nordschleife.

I like how you also use the paddles or stick shift depending on if the real cars use those, a neat detail i've noticed :cool:

I bought the shifter mainly for use in GT games. It was actually this game that helped me get better at heel toe shifting.

Kudos to you TUSMBOX.

Thank you.

You mark this as a brag, but I don't really see it that way. A brag suggests it's something to be proud of, but I am proud that I haven't done that.

I get it. It's sad watching others achieve personal goals when they themsleves have achieved nothing. Someday, you'll do something noteworthy in your own life.

You know, something other than nothing.

A lot to unpack here. Here goes.

I did CS tires as roadbeef, a.k.a. Tristan Bayless did the same thing when he did something similar. When I asked, he said something along the lines of more realistic braking distances. I fully understand that super cars and hyper cars shouldn't be on CA tires, but it helped a bit with consistency.

Without looking at the spreadsheet, there are will over 200 laps that were done on older physics. I briefly contemplated restarting after the last physics update, but I decided against it. Perhaps in the future, I'll get to re-running them.

I've also complained about inconsistent conditions in time trial. Didn't think to use custom race to solve that, something else to consider in the future.
Hmm I never noticed braking distances are too short personally. If anything, I always noticed the longitudinal grip of a tyre grade in GT is one step lower than the lateral grip. For example, putting a LaFerrari on SH tyre will give correct lateral grip (cornering g-force), but to match braking and acceleration numbers IRL you would have to put SM tyres (but then the car will be too good in the corners).

Then there are some cars that just have way worse brakes than real life. Maserati MC20 and Valkyrie comes to mind.

If you feel braking need to be nerfed maybe just put ABS on Weak or Off. Or install brake balance and shift it to the rear to reduce braking efficiency. That way you're just correcting braking and not impacting cornering/acceleration.

Yeah the physics changes are annoying. I gave up retesting everything and just kept going. But then I was only doing everything for fun, not to keep records or anything.

It is very annoying that you can't disable wind in TT. You would think it's the best mode to keep everything as clinically equal as possible but PD always makes weird decisions and oversights.

Last edited:

/brag
That's quite a feat, well done! I don't even own them all yet.

Nice project. How many laps for each car?

I've done similar tests nearly all road going cars on Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Sardegna and Interlagos. Now i'm starting with testing on Nordschleife. All cars on Sport Medium.

Why on comfort and not juste leave the car completely stock?
Btw great job and nice idea. Probably i am going to do the same ahah

Nice project. How many laps for each car?

I've done similar tests nearly all road going cars on Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Sardegna and Interlagos. Now i'm starting with testing on Nordschleife. All cars on Sport Medium.

I tried to make the laps as clean and consistent as possible. Sometimes, I'll get it in one shot. A few took almost an hour worth of retries.

Sorry if you’ve covered this in your spreadsheet or videos. But did you run cars that had no ABS / TCS as such when doing your laps too? This may even out some of the braking distances.

Back