I have forgotten how great this game was

United States
Parma Heights, Ohio, USA
I bought this not knowing anything about it around a month after the release, (didn't know 'till I saw X-Play a while after) and I paid $40 for it. I traded it in a long time ago, because it was...something....forgot the reason:dunce:
I re-bought it a week ago, 'cause I have a DFP, and I was so shocked how amazing everything was. The physics, the music, the cars, the tracks, it all came rushing back to me. I started Driving Revolution, and finished the Tsukuba stage, with all S ranks, and turned my attention to Enthusia Life. I love this mode, because this game is the real reason I try to make races harder in any game I play, for a bigger reward. I forgot what car was the worst to use for more ranking points, so I picked the Cappucino. I leveled to max in around an hour and a half, and it was smoking R33's and Supra's. I'm still playing it now, and probably tomorrow I'll play some more. The controller doesn't do this game justice for racing, but the wheel sure does. And has anyone noticed that Rev City looks like a track from Ridge Racer?

..A Capuccino smoking japanese muscle..? I haven't fired this game up in quite a while. Because it's hard to know what's a good or bad move. I really do adore it.

I remember using the Celica GT F0UR smoking everyone, or people hitting me for minor point loss. But for far too long. Perhaps I need a better car to see more variety of events..I think I keep seeing the same ones..

As for rig or controller, man, if I wanted to go beyond my controller I'd need to have the 3 pedals and a proper gearbox to enjoy the wheel. Cheers !!

YES!

We need more people to get back into this game, it's a classic! I also had this game years back, picked it up again about a month or so back and haven't been playing much GT5 since. I love the way you can lazily power oversteer through corners to your heart's content, and having the ability to clutch-kick is great as well. The wheel really makes it all come alive.

RED FLAG ALERT.

I haven't touched my consoles in so long. Been stuck on the PC but I will feel the thrill of Enthusia again.

I still have this game. Still awesome after all the years. And the free run mode where you could choose your own opponents made it even more epic.

In my opinion Enthusia's physics is the best of all driving simulators, but for road going cars. I think that Race cars behave as well, but I'm not driving them much (and can't compare them with real). I like to drive stock Skyline R32. Thanks to Enthusia I finally know why this car was so special in 90's. In GT4 which I was playing for more than 6 years BNR32 was my favourite, but it's understeer was driving me crazy. In Enthusia this car drives excellent. With less understeer my driving line is diffrent. Looking for grip in corners is so much fun and FR's cars power oversteer is fantastic! Moreover the force feedback is good too. It isn't slaggish at all. Compare to real driving Enthusia steering is more accurate in my opinion. In GT4 and 5 cars are much more nervous and behave like their weight is a half of their real mass and GT's force feedback intensify this feeling.
But the best of Enthusia's is how weight shifts in cars while cornering. It makes it most realistic sim I've ever seen, even compare to the latest games like GT5 or Forza 4.
With nice tire physics (which feels like real rubber) Enthusia is the best :)
Some people complain that in Enthusia FR cars are much more unstable than the real one. I disagree, a think that they're as stable as they should be. Everyone noticing this beacouse while playing in stable seats we all feels speed diffrent than in real car and when we push brake pedal or button to the max while complex cornering, cars go unstable. I think that in real life when you drive FR car over 160km/h and you'll push brake pedal to the max while cornering, than without ASR, ESP, ESC, TCS or other computer support FR car will go unstable, it's physics :)
Well that's all for now from me, I've became an Enthusia fan :D

Last edited:
Me, i also forgotten how fun this game was, racing on Lowseering going thru the blind sweeping corners at fast speeds, doing Nurburing reverse, getting to know the track inside and out....its like a breath of fresh air for me.

I had this game at some point as well. I no longer remember why I really sold it, perhaps because of the confusing career mode at the time, but I loved the physics. Way ahead of its time and Gran Turismo 4. I've been considering to pick it up again now when I have the patience for it.

So i had this game for a while about 7/8 years ago, i couldnt really get into it, ive being watching this forum for the last 2 weeks or so and i ordered a copy of the game, which came today, played it for a few hours and its great! look forward to playing it more! 👍 :)

Nice to see another person back to playing Enthusia. Who knows, maybe you will even take part in my Tsukuba league, MUSC4EVER, would be great to see more competition there.

I had this game at some point as well. I no longer remember why I really sold it, perhaps because of the confusing career mode at the time, but I loved the physics. Way ahead of its time and Gran Turismo 4. I've been considering to pick it up again now when I have the patience for it.
Finally ordered to game off Ebay two days ago. Should be here by the 28th (the earliest estimated date). Looking forward to some Dragon Range and Tsukuba action!

Wow, just checked in on this forum for the first time in years and people are still finding out about this game! Neat.

I bought GT5 a couple of months ago for my brother's PS3, and while it was fun to buy my own cars in the game and dress them up, the handling is still as retarded as ever. Why does my mr2 have ridiculous power oversteer, and why won't any fwd lift a rear wheel and oversteer into a corner? It's utter balls.

More people starts playing Enthusia!!! Yeah!!!
I guess it'll be a more pleasant playthrough this time around. After watching countless videos of Enthusia on YouTube I remembered why I sold it. I would be still playing it along with Tourist Trophy if I'd never carried over my awful ''GT-habits'' to Enthusia. The Enthu Points were killing me. Let alone the confusing EL mode. Sold within a two weeks.

Wow, just checked in on this forum for the first time in years and people are still finding out about this game! Neat.

I bought GT5 a couple of months ago for my brother's PS3, and while it was fun to buy my own cars in the game and dress them up, the handling is still as retarded as ever. Why does my mr2 have ridiculous power oversteer, and why won't any fwd lift a rear wheel and oversteer into a corner? It's utter balls.
I'd love to see how Enthusia stands against GT5. Might do some comparision sometime.

I'd love to see how Enthusia stands against GT5. Might do some comparision sometime.

Wow! That would be interesting!

I've played GT5 with G25 and GT Force and I have the same feelings. I think that Enthusia still've got better physics and is one of best sim for road going cars. As many said: way ahead of it's time!

Last edited:
Wow! That would be interesting!

I've played GT5 with G25 and GT Force and I have the same feelings. I think that Enthusia still've got better physics and is one of best sim for road going cars. As many said: way ahead of it's time!
My only problem is, I don't really know where to start as I don't have a proper wheel (Logitech Formula Force EX with broken force feedback).

:indiff:

I play with a pad, Wolfe too and many others. It's compleatly playable and enjoyable, controls aren't overly twitchy, something like Gran Turismo 3, only with better physics. GT4 is hardly playable with DS2 in my opinion, too touchy. Many would disagree, people have compleated it 100% + all gold licenses, so nothing is impossible.

You can play with Pad as Spd said. For me every wheel is better than any pad for driving experience, even those cheap ones. You can repair your wheel or buy second hand for small prise.

I'm playing with G25 which was design for younger games than Enthusia and it works. There's no clutch on pedal and I can't change gears with shifter but every buttons works and 900 degrees rotation too (with wheel gear levers) so I think that it will work.

Last edited:
spd
I play with a pad, Wolfe too and many others. It's compleatly playable and enjoyable, controls aren't overly twitchy, something like Gran Turismo 3, only with better physics. GT4 is hardly playable with DS2 in my opinion, too touchy. Many would disagree, people have compleated it 100% + all gold licenses, so nothing is impossible.

You can play with Pad as Spd said. For me every wheel is better than any pad for driving experience, even those cheap ones. You can repair your wheel or buy second hand for small prise.
I know. I used to play Enthusia with the DS2. I was just wondering whether it would give less credibility if I were ever to make a comparision with GT5, which I'm almost certain it would.

:)

I think that physics works with or without wheel. It's just about how the car is behaving on track. You can show everything with different controllers. Credibility goes from that how You show things. Method is important too but not the most.

Last edited:
The game had finally arrived today. I spent a couple of hours playing and thoroughly enjoying Enthusia Life and getting the hang of it. I'm currently ranked as #134 with a skill level at 19, as well as a lovely level 10 Renault 5 Turbo 2. Made some progress in Driving Revolution too and S'ed the first six levels.

Otherwise, I've been mostly exploring the game and its' great selection of cars, learning the tracks and messing around with the physics (which are better than I remembered).

This game really is something else. It makes me sad that Konami completely ditched it and never really gave it a second chance. Someday, perhaps, it will get the same treatment as their beloved PES franchise.

I think that physics works with or without wheel. It's just about how the car is behaving on track. You can show everything with different controllers. Credibility goes from that how You show things. Method is important too but not the most.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up!

:)

Back